9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info :: Part 3

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by fidlerre, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Boy I'm looking forward to this match..

2. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Cool, I'm in section 136. Can't wait.

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Why'd US-Mexico info get taken off the SA site???

4. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
  5. avocats

avocats Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have 13 tix and just realized we need one more--can I get one? Mail a check, PayPal, or meet at tailgate?

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    It was erased accidentally by someone and it being pieced together, and put back up.

7. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Fid, any scarfs left?

8. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Thanks, I'd read it 100 times probably but still good to be able to refer to!!

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
  10. eljewe

eljewe New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    wisrapidswis
    I am soooo looking forward to the game!!! Haven't been able to sleep normal since I put in for the tickets! Wife is starting to get a little annoyed, but she knows this is my passion! We plan on going to the zoo early Saturday. Does anyone know the best way from there to the game? We will have a car. Should we wait until it clears up from the osu game or try to get there before it's over.

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the zoo to the stadium:

Follow the exit signs out of the parking lot. The parking lot exit is in a big bunch of trees on the northern side of the parking lot, sort of near the zoo's entrance. And if you're not planning on tailgating, there's a picnic grove on your way out. It could probably take 5 minutes to get out of the lot depending on parking lot traffic and your car's location. Depending on where you park, they might want to send you out to the back 40 on your way out. It's no big deal though.

Then...
    Take rt. 750 (Powell Rd.) east. You'll eventually come to a steep hill down.
    Drive down the hill and turn south (right)

You'll now be on 315 southbound. Stay on that road until you see signs for 270 east.

Take 270 east to 71 south.

If you have VIP parking or east or West preferred the best thing to do is get off on Hudson. Go straight through the first light. At the 2nd light, turn right. Follow the road past the auto shop (forget it's name) and the Big Boy. From there, follow the directions from signs and attendances.

If you have General parking, or south preferred, the best thing to do is to take 71 south all the way to 17th avenue. Take a right on 17th, then go north to the historical society (brown building). The road turns to the left, and from there, you can follow directions from signs and attendants. It'll be easy once you get on 17th.

12. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do have an extra tix. If truly interested, send me a PM & we'll discuss.

13. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VIP Parking Passes On Sale ($15)

I will be selling VIP parking lot passes for the US-Mexico game in Hartford at pre and post match activities (bar, tailgate, post-game).

The tailgate for Sam's Army in Columbus will be in the VIP lot, so it will be advantageous for you and Sam's Army tailgate to have as many US Supporters in the VIP lot as possible. This is also the only lot at Crew Stadium that is paved. The passes are $15 each, but are limited.

There will be no day of game sales for the VIP lot, as this is the lot reserved for Crew season ticket holders. Unfortunately, this is the only way these passes can be sold to non-Columbus supporters, as I am bringing these to Hartford on consignment. If you cannot buy this pass, there is still convenient parking in the West Preferred lot ($12).

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn East Hartford. Please e-mail me if interested, or you can find me at the bar!

http://www.crewstadium.com/?s=parking

14. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just received my scarf in the mail today.. it looks awesome.. excellent job!

15. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received mine yesterday, it's going to look great on my wall after the game.

16. jasonpwestrick

jasonpwestrick New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    There use to be a website that had video and pictures from Sam's Army from the 2001 USA v Mexico game in Columbus. Does anyone know if that is still up, and what the address is?

17. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. NE_Tea_Men_'78

NE_Tea_Men_'78 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    Central Mass.
    My buddy and I are getting two freebie airline tix from Boston to Chicago O'H. Does anyone know the fastest route and about how long it takes to get there? How are the state cops in Ill, Ind, and OH? Does 65 mean 75?

Thanks!

20. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody think that we should bring old spare Parka's and winter coats to hand out to the mexican players while they're warming up?

21. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe if they are laced with arsenic :D

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know the road, but drive to Indianapolis. Get on I-70 west, and take that to 71 north in Columbus. Get off at the 17th Avenue exit, and turn left. You're there.

As for taking the outerbelt around Indy, or driving straight into Indy, I can't help you there, but i'd think it'd be quicker to drive around the loop, then it would be to drive through the center of Indianapolis.

23. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    In Illinois you can definetely do 75 in a 65 but I'd be cautious going over more than 10mph. I would definitely advise you NOT to speed in Ohio.

24. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm planning on making (and bringing) a fairly large banner for the game. Since I've never done this before, what is the protocol for hanging the banners? Is the rail space first come first serve? Or is there a designated Sams Army person that I'm supposed to consult on where to put it? How early does it have to go up... blah, blah, blah...

25. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV