9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info :: Part 3

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by fidlerre, Aug 9, 2005.

1. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Drove from DC today. Everything will be fine in the area. Don't get me wrong, it's expensive as everywhere else, but no panic/shortage.

$3.09/gallon for regular.

2. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really feel bad for all you guys traveling from a lot further away than me...

3. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

well I appreciate the thoughts...my ipod will be on shuffle, and I cannot wait for this game (stupid 12 hour drive:))

4. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah.. I think the drive will take forever just because I'll be so psyched!

5. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Filling up for $3.09 per gallon for gas in DC for a tried and true red, white and blue raod trip: $40.95

Full tank of regular gas in Pittsburgh @ $3.16 per gallon while debating who the backup keeper should be: $45.73

Arriving in Columbus with an empty tank, in time for the USA-MEX match, to witness the US manhandle their southern neighbors: priceless.

6. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

holy crap...I am filling up at the shell station up the road which is 2.99 right now

then hoping to make it there for less than $80

7. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Re: Everything you need to know for Columbus 9/3 and more.....

Im not looking forward ot paying to drive to Cedar Point, whatever the price is on Sunday. And if TTD is down, I will riot. So you see "crazy soccer fan goes on rampage at Cedar Point" in the paper, it's me.

8. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know. I'll be making that same drive. And just don't tear anything up too bad. I want everything to be working for when I go on Monday.

Oh byt the way, I was trying to find a map of that place..like with all the rides and stuff. The one on the Cedar Point website is crap. It doesn't name the rides, so I have no clue what is what. Do you know a better map?

9. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

lemme look, I am pretty sure I have one somewhere. Not that i really need it, I only go to theme parks for the coasters. I just look to the sky and chase em ;)

10. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well yeah. I just want one so we can make a little path when the gates first open up. You have to have a plan in this day and age. ;)

11. 256_Galaxy_fan

256_Galaxy_fan New Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Huntsville, AL
    Hey.. I am looking for some advice. I had a friend bail on me and now I have an extra ticket to off-load. Anyone know someone looking for a single ticket. I will sell it at face value to a US supporter.

I think I have found a few people so looks like the ticket is gone. Thanks!!

12. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

Found the URL, http://www.coastertown.com/Other/parkmaps.htm#CP

It's three years old so Top Thrill Dragster isn't on it yet but the park hasn't changed much outside of that.

BTW.. if you want tips on tackling the park, read here... http://www.thepointol.com/strategy.html Comes from the coaster enthusiasts who frequent the park.

Just remember if it references using Freeway, ignore it. They have discontinued it.

13. emp2b3

emp2b3 Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm interested in the ticket. Please pm me back, I have sent you one.

14. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

Oh, a good suggestion... notice on the map there are multiple enterances... use one other than the main gate. I suggest parking in the Soak City lot and using the enterance back by Magnum. Obviously Magnum is right there and Dragster is close by as well. Unless of course you want Millenium Force first then use the main enterance. Park opens at 9:30 to the general public (season pass holders and resort people get to go in at 9:00). Get there earlier if you can.

Prolly won't apply to anyone else reading this but if you have a season pass to Worlds of Fun, Dorney Park, Knotts Berry Farm, Michigan's Adventure or Valleyfair it is good at Cedar Point and you can enter with the Cedar Point season pass holders at 9am for the running of the bulls.

15. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

agreed on the soak city lot. and get to dragster early. I've been there 4 times since it opened, and i've yet to have a chance to ride it.

also the lines are nonexistent past 9:30pm. stay as absolutely late as you can. millenium force at night is sweet. during peak crowd times stick to rides like magnum and wicked twister. both allow you to get on in less than 10 minutes (during the week at least) and the front seat on wicked twister is one of the most underrated rides in the park.

16. Agogwe

Agogwe Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question that I was hoping the local Columbus folks could lend their expertise on. I'm staying at the German Village Inn and when I get map directions online, they all say to get on the freeway to get to the stadium, but it looks like I could just take High street and other non-freeway roads to the stadium. In your opinion, which would be easier? Will the Ohio State traffic make non-freeway (or the freeway) roads too crazy? Or will it not really matter either way? Thanks guys, looking forward to the game.

17. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Is anyone bringing a PS2 & Winning Eleven 8?

18. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Do NOT take High Street. You'll get stuck in OSU Football traffic.

I would just get on 70E and then you'll quickly exit on to 71N, get off on 17th <for General Admission Parking> or Hudson <for VIP Pass Parking.

19. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me just add emphasis to what fid says above.

Ohio Stadium, where OSU plays, seats over 100,000 people. When a game is over it is the traffic nightmare to end all traffic nightmares.

Fortunately, 71 North to the stadium is almost the only artery not directly involved in draining the Shoe.

Also, there will be backups at the 17th St Exit -Crew Stadium - as game time approaches. Unfortunately, access to CCS is pretty poor, and the lots will start to back up. The slow-to-standing line to get off I 71 will be easily a mile long at some point.

Get there early. Use I-71. Go US.

20. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what does that mean for 71 South to the stadium?

if we get there when the tail gate starts, the OSU game should still be going on, right?

21. emp2b3

emp2b3 Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Any chance that someone will be leaving MI Sat. morning, especially near Ann Arbor? I'm not sure I can afford the gas driving alone but would pitch in if I could carpool. Thanks.

22. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I found your buddy:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239715

23. milkduds

milkduds Member

May 20, 2003
    Saint Paul, MN
    No, I don't play video games... I'm a GAM!

24. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    If I leave by 9 am tomorrow I shouldn't have any trouble getting to CCS by noon at the latest, right?? I'm shooting to leave at 8:15-8:30 but you know how these things go...

25. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    I'm bringing 2 extra tix for section 228. No they are not right next to each other. $68 each OBO.

PM or email tysonnewton@tmail.com

US supporters only.