9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info (Part 2, as in 2-0)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by BuffloSoldier, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    \
    You're missing the point, hundreds of Indian groups have made notice that they're offended by things such as the Tomahawk chop and team nicknames like "The Fighting Sioux" of the University of North Dakota. I can guarantee you that if there were chants or team nicknames that were of similar derogatory nature to other minority groups like Blacks or Hispanics, there'd be hell to pay. People like you perpetuate the vicious stereotypes that Indians have been subject to for hundreds of years by encouraging behavior like mimicking the "Tomahawk Chop". Are you even aware of the genus of that chant and what it's represents? If you did I don't think you'd be suggesting that we adopt it as a supporter's group to use at MNT games.

2. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    How's it any different from NZ's rugby team doing the Maori war dance?? Are any of those guys Maoris??

3. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    Yes, a good number of them are all or part Maori.

And - correct me if I'm wrong, but is there any Indian origin whatsoever to the Tomahawk chop? By which, I mean, did any tribe ever actually stand and raise in lower their arms in unison while chanting along? Because if not, your comparison is really doubly pointless, as the Haka is an actual war dance done by the Maori, not some pointless made up thing that people in a baseball stadium thought up.

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    There are a lot more people ahead of him though who deserve it first. For instance, the guy who started this thread.

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Apart from the fact that Bill Archer, Mike Segroves and I all agree (which is probably an all-time BigSoccer first), there's the fact that the "tomahawk chop" at USMNT games is wicked retarted, whearas the NZ rugby team Maori war dance is not.

6. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Quivering in my boots. :rolleyes: Not. I couldn't possibly care less one way or the other about the stupid chant, but if it gets going I'll do it.

7. raay420

raay420 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    lol whats gonna intimidate us mexican supporters? The Tomahawk Chop??? LOL!!!!!! :D :D :D ahahahahhaha lol please........ And for all you whiteboys who talk so much bull about mexicans getting scalper tickets. Why dont you come over to mexico and watch a usa vs mexico game there? You will crap your pants before your even in the stadium lol! We mexicans arent entimidated as much as you pale suckas are of us.

8. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    this from the same idiot who in an aussie thread thought that Mex was the 5th place team in CONMEBOL...

you dont even know your own team that well do you.

(ps, you'll be the guys in green in case you get confused)

9. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Americans do come to Mexico for USA vs Mexico.. and your classless fans throw things at us. We are supposed to be intimidated by little children?

10. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Does your mommy know you're on her computer this late??

11. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    Easy, i can assure you know one on bigsoccer particapated in this.

I mean I like the chant, but if its gonna start an intra fan riot maybe not.

12. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    If you ever use the words "LOL" or "suckas" again i will come over there and 'entimidate' you

13. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

we all voted down the tomahawk chop. LOL LOL LOL CAN YOU BELIEVE WE DONT THROW URINE ON THE FIELD, OMG, LOL WE ARE SUCKAS, WE DONT BURN YOUR FLAG AND ARE RESPECTFUL DURING YOUR NATIONAL ANTHEM, LOL LOL

nice trolling, have fun watching them lose in ohio, of course if you are going i mean

14. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Why would we be afraid of you? You're all 4 feet tall...

15. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Plenty of us have, pal.

Pale suckas? You sound American to me, buddy. Fess up, you grew up here, didn't you?

16. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am personally offended by the use of the word 'scalper.'

To equate a ticket to the forced dipillitation of my ancestors is hurtful and wrong.

17. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When did we start speaking about the majority?

18. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone, please try to keep this thread to pertinent information about the supporters activities and questions for the USA-Mexico match. There are appropriate threads and forums to discuss these other matters.

Thanks.

19. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Who died and made you king of the thread?

20. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well since I've been spending my own time and money to help organize the events in Columbus; in addition to trying to reply (through public post or PM) to answer as many questions as I can about the weekend, I thought I'd take the iniative.

That way anyone looking for answers, asking answers, or trying to provide help would find it easier to go through the thread and wouldn't have to go through all irrelevant matters.

There is a tomahawk chop thread.

21. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Wouldn't you say that your post (the one I'm quoting right here) is also irrelevant?

So what sort of help are you providing, exactly, with the weekend? Are you organizing tickets? Tailgates? Pre game parties? Post game parties? Hookers to send to the Mexican players' hotel?

;)

22. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Mike, he's been working his ass off in town lining up the pre-game bar parties, the in-game TIFO and some possible major sponsors to help with the tailgate costs. He's been a tremendous help.

And this thread has gone way off-topic. It's supposed to be for announcements and news -- not the BS that's gone on.

23. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all have our tickets, the TG is set up. There's too much pressure man! Fans sniping at fans.
    People worrying over which songs we are gonna sing while holding hands and waving pom poms.
    Will the songs honor the Great Leader?
    How many thousands of children doing rythmic gymnastics in the stadium would it take for the Great Leader to know we love him?

It's all TOO MUCH!
    Lets get this show on the ROAD!

24. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Actually, I was just kidding around with the "who died" post.

25. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can get a mod who's willing to take on the task, I'd recommend putting together a post with the relevant info and then having that stuck and locked. That means the mod has to make needed updates for you. That'll keep it cleaner. Then, I'd unstick this thread and the other 500 post one on this forum. Since you're a mod already, fid, maybe you can get temporary modship on this forum until the game has come and gone.