9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info (Part 2, as in 2-0)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by BuffloSoldier, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely a relief and joy to have tix in hand. Received by 16 a couple of days ago.

I was also at "La Guerra Fria" during the last WCQ go-'round as well as the T&T match in Foxboro and WCQ's against the Ticos at CCS and KC.

Look forward to seeing many of you at the Sam's Army tailgate!

2. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still don't have mine from SA sale....But cautiously optimistic!

3. micheal

micheal New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the faxed form, they should be delivered by Aug. 12. I also did the fax order for the Hartford match and they came in the mail right around the time the form had stated.

Patience, young Skywalker.

4. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've found the chi.
    I have it hog-tied and duct-taped in the trunk of my '79 Carolla.
    Now we wait.

Thanks Mike, I feel better already!

:p

5. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    ok i emailed USSF (no answer) and called them (recording) so thats the bad news.

the good news is that 4 tickets got charged today, that was my first order.

Now just to locate the two missing tickets.....

6. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    Hallelujia! the problem is solved.

I called Teresea (nicest lady in the world) and she solved everything. Credit card number got mixed up in the fax.
    So relived!

Lets get this party started!

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Announcements will be forthcoming very soon.

Just have to settle up with the place for some "SA Drink Specials" for everyone.

Then we'll be releasing the information.

8. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    Got mine just before the MLS All Star game. It was cool watching to blimp shots and seeing where I will be sitting.

The only problem is now I have to convince my family to go. :D

I think I will roll an extra day in Pittsburgh into it. They should be fine with it if they get to go to Kennywood Park on Sunday.

9. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One Sam's Army Ticket Available for Face Value

Anyone need an extra ticket in the Sam's Army section (136)? I'll mail it to anyone willing to pay the face value of $40 ($36 plus the $4 service fee).

I was all booked and ready to head to Columbus for the match, but my wife just accepted a job in North Carolina. That weekend is our move date. :mad: I also ate the airfare as well on a nonrefundable ticket.

Believe me. I'm pissed as hell, so I want this ticket to go to someone willing to stand, yell, and sing for 90 minutes.

PM me if you want it. Face value.

Reminder: you can sit anywhere in the Sam's Army section with this ticket, so you're not stuck being by yourself. I'll take a check or PayPal.

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: One Sam's Army Ticket Available for Face Value

If anyone's interested in not playing the scalper's game for OSU football, OSU-Miami tickets go on sale Friday, August 5 at 7:30 am ET for $65 a piece.

http://www.hangonsloopy.com

11. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoo hoo, I got both my Sams Army and ticketmaster tickets in today! Bring on the 3rd!

12. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks so much, Kryptonite.

13. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX

i'm going to pittsburgh on sunday morning and catching th cubs/pirates game. I might have 2 extra tixs @ face value if anybody interested.

by the way....i got my SA tixs today

14. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wow Magpie, sorry to hear that

good luck moving

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Addendum. Of course, if you feel like playing the scalping game, as it's been discussed before, you may get tickets for a lower price a few minutes before the game. Then again, you may not. It's a crapshoot.

If it's possible, don't get anything in "B" deck, or anything towards the bottom of "C" deck. "B" deck is underneath C deck, and it's hard to see most of the field, as well as the videoboard. It's so hard, they actually stuck scoreboards and TVs in there so fans can watch the game when they can't see it.

You can't see the scoreboard from the southern parts of C deck. AA deck is ok, but not great.

http://ev8.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=ohiostate/images/chart-stadium.gif

"AA deck" -- The lightish gray sections closest to the field.
    "A deck" -- The pinkish sections that make up most of the horseshoe
    "B deck" -- Underneath "C" deck, and the dark gray
    "C deck" -- The red sections, at the top
    "D deck" -- Underneath the press box on the left side, but I doubt you'll end up here.

South stands -- Everything on the south. Also where the videoboard is. There's also a smaller scoreboard hanging on the north side.

Sections are marked such as "25B" "32C" or "2A" Even numbered sections are on the left, odd sections are on the right.

If anyone's interested, the band enters the field at the north side, and sits next to the OSU tunnel onto the field. The OSU team will enter the field on the lower right, and have their bench on the left side next to the club seats. Miami will enter on the lower left, and have their bench on the right side.

There is no beer served in the stadium (exception of the exclusive ticket-only Huntington Club). OSU serves coke products (coke, diet coke, sprite, lemonade, dasani water), and I -think- concession stands take debit cards in addition to cash, but i'm not sure.

Also, seating is very tight, so take minimal stuff in.

I believe smoking is banned within Ohio Stadium, with no passes out. Worst case, they'll probably just ask you to put it out. You might be able to smoke in the open areas at the southern corners, but i'm not sure.

16. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, have another question for yall. Is it easy to get around Columbus without a car? Like are cabs, busses, etc in good supply? We'll be staying at the German Village Inn and I was planning on taking a cab to the game, just to avoid parking, but I was wondering about the rest of the weekend.

I saw on the airport webpage that it's estimated to be $16-$19 to get from the airport to downtown, so that's around $40 just on transportation back and forth to the airport. I might as well go ahead and spend the $30 and just rent a rental car. The only thing with renting a car is that I have no idea where I'm going. I'm okay with a map, but still.

But I was going to see what you guys from Columbus thought.

ETA: Also, does anyone know of places that give discount tickets to Cedar Point? They are $40 online, but I'm sure that grocery stores in the Columbus or Cleveland area have them discounted.

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There is a bus service, but it's questionable, even moreso questionable on a Saturday, as there's less service on Saturdays than on weekdays. Even less than that on Sundays.

I'd recommend renting a car, or at least looking into doing so. If not, you can get a taxi to and from the airport, and just try and get a ride with other soccer fans to where ever you'd need to go.

18. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I'm renting a car, I found that to be the best option when I went out there for the USWNT WC game. Obviously you will need one if you plan to go to Cedar Point as it is an hour away. Your best coupon (I've already asked other coaster enthusiasts communities) can actually be downloaded online and printed out from here It's $10 off regular admission, so $34.95. I'm going on Sunday.

BTW a suggestion for maximizing your time there, park in the back, in the Soak City lot, and enter there. Be there before the park opens as the gates sometimes will open early. It will be easier to get on rides quickly before those coming from the front have made their way to the back of the park allowing you a chance to ride Top Thrill Dragster a time or two before lines really start forming. Of course that's only if you see it testing before things open. If it's not testing it will may be awhile before it opens. In that case park in front but walk to the marina enterance and take a left on the midway to get to Millenium Force early. BTW if you want the front seat on Dragster, go to the right when you enter the queue line. It's for the second train and typically it's line is shorter. With the park enterance being 12(unless you enter in back then it's 6), guests typically travel clockwise. Going counter-clockwise is suggested.

Also, make use of FREEWAY. It's a system by which you can get your hand stamped with a time for specific rides and can come back during that one hour block and bypass most of the line. Raptor, Mantis, and Millennium Force stamps are available starting at 11am, while Dragster, Magnum, and Wicked Twister are available starting at 2pm. Get your stamps as early as possible. You can only get two stamps per day. Due to the unrealiability of Dragster and the loading times of the rides my suggestion (and that of other enthusiasts) is to get one for Millennium and Mantis at 11am. The stamps are available at little booths near the enterance of each ride.

OK that was more advice than I planned on typing out, oh well. The coaster enthusiast part of me jumped out at the mention of Cedar Point ;)

19. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Err, Sandusky - ie: Cedar Point - is around 2 hours by car from Columbus.

20. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    my bad, it is two hours from Columbus. Last time I went there I drove from cleveland.

21. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I would recommend renting a car. Columbus is not a hard city to navigate in a car, and by the time you go to all of the hassle with cabs and busses, any money you MAY save won't be worth it.

22. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I'll have a car in town but will be driving it as little as possible because I plan to drink heavily.

23. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh thank you so much for all of that! We're planning on driving up to Cleveland Sunday and going to the park on Monday. And yeah we were already going to rent a car for that.

But thanks for all the Cedar Park tips. I'm going to have to write those down. I was planning on being there early in the morning. That's what I do when I go to Astroworld down here, so I can jump on the Texas Cyclone for the first thing. And thanks for the stamp thing. I hadn't ever heard of that. And for the coupon.

That does not surprise me in the least. ;)

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll look into renting a car for the whole weekend.

24. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    "We ask that any organized cheers and/or chants be conducted in the spirit of rabid support of the U.S. National Team, without use of vulgar language, which sometimes presents itself at major sporting events. Your cooperation iwith respect to language will allow U.S. supporter sections to be in place at future U.S. Soccer events"

[​IMG]

25. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    UPDATED INFORMATION ON TAILGATE AND SAM'S ARMY / U.S. SUPPORTERS' FRIDAY/SATURDAY NIGHT GATHERINGS

http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=event&Mid=70