8/23 Besiktas v Goztepe (Boyd)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by teamitup76, Aug 23, 2019.

1. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s in the 11. Game starts right now!! It’s on BeIN as well for those wanting to catch our speedy Kiwi Yank!!

jnielsen, wixson7 and bungadiri repped this.
  2. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besiktas finally score to make it 1-0, but the natives are getting restless on Boyd. I watched for like 7 minutes and there was no evidence he was on the field. Figure he's got to kick it in gear to maintain his place.

3. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You're coming to that conclusion based on watching 7 out of 45 minutes? Wow.

4. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read, guy. I said the natives are getting restless. I'm not a native to Istanbul.

Boyd was just the first player subbed, incidentally.

5. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You also said that YOU figure he's got to kick it in to gear to prevent losing his place. Is that based on your assessment or based on how he's being treated by the home fans?

6. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expressed in the post the natives are getting restless about Boyd (from scanning social media). They just came off a terrible performance where he started and in the 1st half had done nothing offensively w/ him apparently struggling to elicit that reaction from fans. I supplemented by saying fwiw I saw a 7-minute slice where he was invisible. That doesn't somehow detract from the assessment. It's small corroboration from a Yank perspective what they're asserting may well be true; he's not in rhythm.

In the 2nd half it was more of the same and he got subbed, accordingly. All indicators are indeed he had to kick it in gear, but did not. Lost him his place in this game, and we'll see subsequently, but you have a short leash at a club of Besiktas' ilk. That's the reality.