8/20: Pulisic & Green (start), Parker (bench): Furth v. Dortmund, DFB-Pokal

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by ArsenalMetro, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I like Green, I expected him to do better than he's done, my initial assessment of him was that he'd be good enough for a mid-table Bundesliga team but since I had to re-asses and lower the expectations a tad. I still think he's above the level where he's now, bottom-feeder in the 2.BuLi.

BUT I don't think he's been particularly good with the NT. He's had some decent moments, but I wouldn't pencil him as a starter. He could be used as a sub against tired legs. So far he doesn't turn the ball over under pressure. On NT duty, everybody must know the basics of defending. [That's the big problem I'm having with Keaton Parks, who could be even a worse turnover liability if pressed.]

Sombrerito repped this.
  2. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He hasn't been that good for the US, I agree. I do think he's a different player now but that has to be proven too.

3. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahem...

a goal every 115 minutes for a guy who hasn’t been used a striker. Wish we had more players who “haven’t been that good” in the same way.

TheHoustonHoyaFan and Bruce S repped this.
  4. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    No shite!!

5. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    That is a... damn statistic. Four goals aren't enough to say anything about. And only one was in a game that counted, and one each were against Cuba and New Zealand in friendlies.