8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm putting a bus trip together for 45 people. Feeling a little cheap though and am going for the cheap seats. Which section is Sam's Army going to be in?

2. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Just a reminder and with all respect...if your coming to the supporters section with 45 people for the cheap seats, this is really not the purpose of it. Hopefully participation , standing, and singing for 90 minutes is your #1 motivator. The Section # is at the sams-army website. THX
    Bd

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Big Dog's right: while the seats in the U.S. supporters / Sam's Army section may be cheaper, the key dynamic to this section is participation: standing, chanting, and singing for all 90 minutes (if not more).

There are probably seats in other sections that are equally inexpensive, and better-suited to such a large group.

The Magpie

4. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Sam's Army will be in Section 109

5. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    You can read the Sams's Army Section Guidelines here:
    http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=guidelines

THx-Bd

6. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    To anyone who knows the Hartford area...

How is the neighborhood around 490 Main Street in East Hartford, just west of the stadium? I can get a very cheap deal there, and want to walk to the game. Is this a safe area? Any info would be great.

7. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got tickets today. Section 108, Row 15. I thought section 109 was Sam's Army? Doesn't matter though, since I'm bringing my (small) drum I'll sit where SA is regardless.

8. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Yes, Both 108/109 for this match for US Supporters/Sams Army.
    Bd

9. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I fully understand what is required. Thanks.

A. Cheap seats get 45 people to a game. This may be the first time, they may be seasoned veterans.

B. My hope that by sitting them near - not in, I'll let the professionals handle that - the army section will expose them to proper/fun atmosphere, as opposed to the sections that actually use the seat they buy. I would expect many of those with us to participate to a certain level - not the full 90 but some. Like how USSF develops young talent on the field, I feel the need to develop talent in the stadium.

10. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my tix today - am totally fired up.

Question - is Vaughn's within walking distance of the stadium? and is there accessible parking there?

11. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    Got my tix today. The accompanying letter states gates open at 6:30. Definitely looks like Vaughn's now.

12. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone here getting to Hartford on Tuesday night? We're coming from Columbus so are planning on getting to town Tuesday evening and staying downtown (Crowne Plaza, most likely).

I'm asking just to get an idea for the possibility of meeting for drinks somewhere (Vaughn's??) on Tuesday night.

13. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Yes, if I go I am definitely coming in Tuesday and would be up for getting together Tuesday night.

Now if someone could only answer my question about the area west of the stadium... :)

14. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What hotel is at 490 Main st? I mapped that location and that part of Hartford isn't that bad. at night it's like any city. i know some people who live around there and I've eaten down there. I work right down the road from there. I'd say it's OK to stay at, but if you want some nightlife you'll have to walk a little bit to the bars. It's probably a 10 minute walk to Vaughan's from that point.

15. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    [​IMG]

Best available tickets (per Ticketmaster)

$23 - Section 111, Row 6
    $33 - Section 105, Row 20
    $43 - Section 117, Row 16
    $63 - Section 223, Row 34
    $83 - Section 111, Row 12

16. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So $60 extra for moving 6 rows closer? Yikes.

17. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think he meant Sect 121, 141 or 101

18. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Yep, the last line should have Section 101.

19. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Just remember folks, with utmost respect to everyone here, we would love to have you in the supporters/Sams Army sections, but please make sure cheap tix is not your only factor in choosing to stand there. 90 minutes of standing, singing, cheering, etc. is fully expected or someone from the NY/NJ crew may have to come over and have a talk with you : ) (Kidding- I think : ). Please check out the section guidelines here and see if the supporters section is right for you. http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=guidelines
    Cheers, BD

20. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    490 Main St. in East Hartford. Its the Econo Lodge that is right near the stadium. I didn't have this trip budgeted, so I'm going to have to do it on the cheap if I can do it at all.

21. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    So what you're saying is that not many tickets have been sold for this thing?

22. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure of that exact hotel location but based on the mapping you should be fine in that area. You are right around the corner from Pratt and Whitney so you can walk to the game if you want. There isn't much around there at all in the way of entertainment that you'd want to walk to (Kahoots, a strip joint is the biggest entertainment down the road). There is a sports bar farther down but I've never been there. You should be fine for staying there if I mapped it correctly. On that side of Main Street, the farther away from Silver Lane that you get, the more residential it gets. Hope that helps

23. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Gracias. I'll stay close to the stadium so I can walk. I can get a ride to the parties.

24. micheal

micheal New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sent in my order form and check on June 6th to US Soccer. No tix yet and my check has not been cashed. Any ideas anyone?

25. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    I sent mine May 28 and im waiting also....no worries, it will be sent soon