8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Riders are in the process of putting together a bus for this as well. Do you want to do your own?

2. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would be up for anything. i'll have to get an estimate from my team and their families. at the el salvador game we were about 40. i'd guess less than that because during the week. i'll know within the next 3 weeks

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright ... if you want our help, just let us know. I'd have no problem booking a second bus, if we can fill both.

One issue we're trying to figure out is where in Boston to leave from. We usually do Riverside T Station for Mutts road trips, but that'll be tough for this one, as there's a chance we don't get back from Hartford till past when the last train leaves (for those taking the train). The other issue is I'm not sure how many spots are available there during the day for parking considering it'll be a week day and lots of people commute from there on the train.

4. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    give me about 3 weeks to figure a guesstimate number. will prices be around 30$ for a ticket(if you know) in the usual section so i can give a number. i'll defintely ask for your help.

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should know about game ticket prices hopefully in the next week or two.

6. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    once again looking forward to the whole process going as smoothly as before. one player and his mom already emailed me and said they are in. i mentioned the bus trip and 30 minutes later they wanted in. love when our passion translate into passion for our younger boys and girls. can't wait until august in hartford and already booked flight and hotel for columbus in september. i'll let you know in 3 weeks a number

7. Q Exp

Q Exp Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Does anyone know how far it is from Hartford's bus (or Amtrak station if it has one) to the stadium? I'm seriously considering breaking out the red shirt, taking the short trip from NYC and finally joining you guys at a game (though it will have to be on gameday, I'm still a little broke).

8. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a bus/Amtrak stadium downtown. It's about 2 miles away, so you can take public transportation (I'll put up the info soon) to the stadium. If all goes through, we might have some pre-game activity downtown a couple blocks from the station. You might want to check on when the last bus leaves Hartford back to NY though. When I go to New York, I usually drive to New Haven so I can catch Metro North, since we don't have that yet.

9. Q Exp

Q Exp Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check the bus and train schedule. I hope to be there live and in red.

10. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    I will definately be interested in the bus trip from Boston, since I move to Boston next week

if not, I will bring a car full and see everyone there

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just spoke with my contact at MSG Hartford and found out something that's just pathetic.

US Soccer has asked these stadiums to no longer honor group seating prices. In other words, last year the US/El Sal match, the Midnight Riders were able to sell $35 tickets for $20.

US Soccer is saying that they will not honor group prices for these matches anymore.

Really really a pathetic move.

Anyway, they're hoping to have info out soon ...

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    If I do recall, this was a very packed supporter's section... hmmmm.

13. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the most fun i have had at a US game in years at foxboro. It's great to see that many people who are so enthusiastic about the game be in the same area. This is a horrible blow. I had a group of 30 people for $600 at foxboro and now the same group would pay 1050. not as many are fanatics like myself and they have families and probably will not go. that extra 450 was great for a worldclass tailgate. This is real dissappointing.

14. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Just FYI, Q Exp, the area around the Hartford Amtrak/bus station is not someplace you want to be wandering around at night, especially if you're pigmentally challenged.

15. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The area around the train station is where all the suburban kids go to drink at night.. I don't know what would make you say that. Across from the station are a bunch of sports and rock bars, and a cheesy nightclub. If you feel unsafe there, walk across the street and go sing some karaoke (which is huge on Wednesday nights at Mad Dawg's.. not my thing but I happened by one night). On a Wednesday night that area will have college students and other people walking around and be safe for the most part. But be smart like in any city.

Stay on Asylum Street, Allyn Street, Ann Street, Union Place, Trumbull Street, Pratt Street, or Main Street and I can't see much trouble happening.

16. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could be wrong.. but I'd get a second opinion on that. MSG isn't the most honest organization in the world. Far from it.

17. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Can one walk to the stadium from Holiday Inn East Hartford and back again without fear for one's life? A mile is nothing--unless it's a mile of burnt-out crack houses.

This is my impolitic way of saying I'll be up for some serious imbibing that day and you can block off the street for me, too.

18. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between that hotel and the stadium is a huge bridge over a highway, the end of a very large airplane engine plant, and a couple houses. But the streets are full of traffic. No crackhouses that I recall. So it would be a boring but safe walk.

19. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No crack houses???? Count me out! ;)

20. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets for US/T&T at Rentschler Field in East Hartford are now available!

They can be ordered through US Soccer through the following link: http://dps.altdc3.va.twimm.net/USSF/doc/content/doc_6_259.pdf

Tickets are $27 each ($25 for groups of 10), with a $3 handling fee per order.

The US Supporters section will be based in Section 109 (see here: http://www.rentschlerfield.com/images/seat_map.gif)

The Midnight Riders are still working on a pretailgate party (from 12-4?) in downtown Hartford and the tailgate info, and hoping to have that info soon.

Go US!

Monty

21. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Union Station area is fine. The nighclubs and some restaurants are all around it. all you have to really deal with is drunks getting out at closing time. otherwise i think it's fine. i eat downtown all the time and go to the sports & irish bars. no problems. let's party on pratt before. Vaughn's anyone?

22. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got my tix! I'll be all ready to party starting around 6am!

Just let me know where we need to be!

23. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    i did not get my tickets, apparantly ticketmaster is telling me the password US Soccer emailed me is not in their system, looks like I cannot order them until the 11th, just in time for section 109 to be too full for me to sit in, I ********ing hate Ticketmaster, I wish they were on sale through someone else.....

24. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please see the bottom of page 3 on this thread. You do not need to go through ticketmaster to get seats in section 109. As far as I know (and I could be wrong) the only way to get seats in 109 is to go through US Soccer.

25. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ticketmaster was havign problems earlier. I had called them and they said they were working on a solution. I tried a little while ago and it worked, so give it another try.