8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great info. and great job getting this all together, Eddie. My group is coming from Columbus and we are all very eager to enjoy our time at the Holiday Inn and Hartford.

Do you happen to know what time the shuttle will be departing from the hotel? Will it be running continuously, or be making a few trips at specific times?

Thanks again!

2. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big props to you, Eddie. It's always so much nicer staying at these hotels when one really feels welcome. WOW! I'm impressed.

3. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VIP Parking Passes On Sale ($15)

I will be selling VIP parking lot passes for the US-Mexico game in Hartford at pre and post match activities (bar, tailgate, post-game).

The tailgate for Sam's Army in Columbus will be in the VIP lot, so it will be advantageous for you and Sam's Army tailgate to have as many US Supporters in the VIP lot as possible. This is also the only lot at Crew Stadium that is paved. The passes are $15 each, but are limited.

There will be no day of game sales for the VIP lot, as this is the lot reserved for Crew season ticket holders. Unfortunately, this is the only way these passes can be sold to non-Columbus supporters, as I am bringing these to Hartford on consignment. If you cannot buy this pass, there is still convenient parking in the West Preferred lot ($12).

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn East Hartford. Please e-mail me if interested, or you can find me at the bar!

http://www.crewstadium.com/?s=parking

4. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is posted in a new thread as well, but for those of you following this one:

Here's a map I made so you guys can find things you're looking for before or after the match in downtown. The party is on Pratt Street.

Hartford Map:

[​IMG]

Parking Map:

[​IMG]

NOTE: You can park on the street after 4pm and not need to use the meters. There are some 4 or 5 dollar lots north on Trumbull Street, the Morgan Street garage is the cheapest garage, $2 nights. I'm gonna try and find a street spot, but follow the rules before 4 because they love to tag cars here.

Taxi Number: 666-6666

Bus Schedule between downtown and stadium (B line Silver Lane):
    http://www.cttransit.com/content/pdfs/h_B_wkdysched.pdf

Shuttle Bus Info:
    http://www.irishpublichouse.com/calendar.htm
    "Shuttle Bus Ticket Info:
    - Tickets Purshased before Aug. 17th are $8
    - Tickets Purchased on Aug. 17th are $10 (Doesn't insure you a seat)
    - Bus will be leaving approximately every 40 minutes from the corner of Pratt St. and Trumbull St.; you will see a sign there that says "Hooligans Express"
    - Bus starts at 6:00pm and will end once everyone is back to "PARTY LIKE A HOOLIGAN!!!""

Vaughn's Party Info:
    http://www.irishpublichouse.com/wordlcup.htm

Anything else feel free to ask. GO YANKS.

5. Redmen Rule

Redmen Rule Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 16, 2004
    Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's Hartford Courant reports over 20,000 tix already sold.

6. lambretta76

lambretta76 New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Brooklyn, USA
    Is the 12-4 party still going on at Vaughn's? Their website seems to contradict the Sams-Army site, saying that festivities start at 5.

Nonetheless, I'll be here and at the tailgate wearing my "Be The Reds" t-shirt from Korea and trying to score a ticket for 108/109.

Side note, I've been walking around Bed-Stuy here in Brooklyn lately and it looks like T&T organizers are sending a number of buses up there from down here. Their fans are being instructed to wear red, too. Should be quite a sight!

7. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to clarify, this is my first WCQ. I should wear red?

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Yes, people will be meeting up at Vaughn's starting around 12:00PM, and will go from 12 - 4PM, even if there may be events taking place after that for fans who want to stick around as oppossed to going to the stadium.

The Magpie

9. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah ... what he said. :D

26 hours till Vaughan's.

11. Redmen Rule

Redmen Rule Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 16, 2004
    Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GREETINGS TO ALL OF SAM'S ARMY.! JOHNNY VAUGHAN HERE FROM VAUGHAN'S PUBLIC HOUSE IN SUNNY HARTFORD, CT. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING AND PARTYING WITH ALL OF YE TOMORROW ON PRATT STREET. THE CITY OF HARTFORD HAS AGREED TO SHUT THE STREET DOWN IN THE AFTERNOON SO WE CAN PARTY, DRINK AND SING ON THE STREET BEFORE THE GAME. WE HAD BRUCE ARENA, MOOSE AND ALL THE BOYS IN HERE ON SUNDAY EVENING AND THEY ARE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO THE GAME TOMORROW.BE SURE TO SHOW YOUR COLOURS AS WE WILL HAVE A VERY FESTIVE ATMOSPHERE TO GET EVERYONE IN THE SPIRIT.THE SUN WILL BE SHINING, DRINKS WILL BE FLOWING AND SONGS A SINGING AS SAMS ARMY MARCHES ONTO GERMANY NEXT SUMMER.! PS DONT FORGET YOUR DRINKING SHOES. FOR MORE INFO LOG ONTO WWW.IRISHPUBLICHOUSE.COM...........

12. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW ... not sure if this has been posted, but taken from the stadium's site ...

For those leaving Vaughan's to head to the tailgate, here are the directions, once you get back onto 84 East.

From the West:

Take I-84 East toward HARTFORD. Follow I-84 East to Exit 58, ROBERTS STREET/SILVER LANE. On the Exit Ramp, bear right at the fork in the road and then get in the center or left lanes. Turn left on Silver Lane. Go about ¼ of a mile and RENTSCHLER FIELD EAST GATE will be on your right.

The directions above are for the East Gate entrance. Once you're on property ... show your pass (please remember, you'll still have to pay for parking) and they should tell you where to proceed to so you can join the Sam's Army/US Supporter's Tailgate.

13. Bman

Bman Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Beverly, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to sound stupid, but I'm assuming we can walk up and get tix at the gate, right? Any chance of a sell-out or something like that?

14. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now according to ticketmaster, there should be no problem picking up tickets at all.

15. Waquoit

Waquoit Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon down! Just over 1/2 the tix have been sold. And I bet it's easier to get to the Rent than to Gillette from Beverly. 128 to the Mass Pike to I-84, drive about 45 minues more and you're there!

16. Redmen Rule

Redmen Rule Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 16, 2004
    Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just got back from Vaughn's, where I let I let Johnny log in on my password.
    He wasn't aware of the site.
    Good contingent down there already.

17. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going there tonight.... Just cracked open a pint bottle of Hansa after checking into the Holiday Inn East Hartford. The hotel is OK. The SA "drink specials" don't really exist (we got one $1 off coupon for one drink), but I won't complain as the hotel bar has $1 drafts of Bass from 5p to 7p. Maybe I'll run into Eddie the next day or so. There is a shuttle though.

Dark interior concourses remind me of the Galeria Hotel in the Zona Rosa of Mexico City (the supporters hotel down there in March).

18. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I'm looking to score 3 supporter section tickets, will there be anyone at Rentschler field before the match that might have some extras, or will I have to go to the Pratt Street party? My problem is that I'm not to sure if I will be able to make it to Vaughan's. So if I'm looking for those tix, what would be the best time to be at Rentschler Filed? PM me if you can personally help a 'bother in arms' out.

Thanks,
    RRRREV IT UP

20. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

UConn basketball?

21. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

but thats split down the middle

My aunt and grandmother insist to me that the women could beat the men, and wouldnt watch a mens game if they would be paid for it.

I have the opposite opinion.

I am heading down to CT in about 2 hours, SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW :D

22. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  23. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back to the Holiday Inn East Hartford from Vaughn's. Very impressed with the pub; they had all their drafts for $2 tonight.

When we pulled into the Holiday Inn parking lot upon our return, there was a U.S. Soccer 'Don't Tread On Me" themed truck in the lot. It had U.S. Supporters logos and "nikesoccer.com" written on it. Looked pretty cool; buckeye5 got a picture in front of it.

Continuing to drink into the late evening. See you all tomorrow!

24. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

I love that logo...This is gonna be a great day

25. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet god I can't sleep. And to be up to Vaughns by 12? Oi vey.