8/17: Sanneh: Rostock vs. Nurnberg [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by dark knight, Aug 17, 2002.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sanneh: 8/17 Rostock vs. Nurnberg

Kickoff at 9:30 Est?

2. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Thanks sf - looks like Sportal has that cheer like Sports.com used to. Wonder if they cheer when there's a goal?

3. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nurnburg scores a goal in the 14th mintue from Dundee. Nurnburg 1-0.

4. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    According to Kicker - it's 1-0 Rostock after a goal by Rydlewicz.

5. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmm okay, must be a mistake on the ticker I am using. hmmm , the blessings and curses of technology.

6. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Discovered the rror. They goal scored by Dundee should in actualyity have been placed by Stuttgart, but for some reason the ticker put it by Stuttgart and Nunrberg. Thanks DK.

7. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    No problem - I don't have much faith in most of these tickers.

Still 1-0 in the second half.

8. Bird

Bird Member

Sep 16, 2000
    San Mateo, California
    80' gone

No mention of Sanneh in the ticker. On the goal, Persson was in the penalty area and accidentally played the ball to the wide open Rydlewicz, who gathered the ball on the right and placed it in the left corner the Nuremberg goal. No chance for the Nuremberg keeper, Kampa.

9. Bird

Bird Member

Sep 16, 2000
    San Mateo, California
    82' gone
    Rostock 2 - 0 Nuremberg

Diagonal ball to Pricas on the left. He beat Sanneh in a sprint and penetrated inside the sixteen. He centered it from the end line, where Rydlewicz was faster than his opponent and hammers the ball into the left corner. No chance for Kampa.

10. Bird

Bird Member

Sep 16, 2000
    San Mateo, California
    FT
    Rostock 2 - 0 Nuremberg

11. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    The announcer said that Sanneh had good 85 minutes until the 0-2 - there he showed beginner's behaviour in a direct duel, his opponent assisted the goal. From the pictures I saw I've got to admit that I didn't like Sanneh's performance today. At the first goal somebody on the right wing was outplayed and Sanneh eventually could have closed the gap - probably not too good chances, but in any case extremely bad chances if you're not even trying. Short before the break he had one of his horrible passing mistakes directly leading to a counter attack, and only with the help of the post it didn't result in a further goal against. Also in some other scenes I had the impression that Sanneh was playing with 60% maximum - he seemed to be slow and wasn't really taking part in the game.

12. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    kicker rated Sanneh 3.5 - probably the journalist had a bad conscience after I criticised him last week. 6 and 3.5 are correct IMO, just given in the wrong games.

13. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL I think you are right. Maybe 3.5 for first game and 5 for 2nd game.

14. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    I can't believe how Sanneh struggles in league action, but played so well in the WC. He was a stud in June, but in August he is losing form.

15. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kasai -- you are (1) a little impressionable and (2) a little quick. Just because Kicker and Olaf say something is true does not mean it is. Theirs are just opinions. Second, the season is only two games long, so relax.

16. Brihodge

Brihodge New Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Unterwegs
    And just as an aside, Kicker really does have a reputation for hating Sanneh, and it can't help that the rest of the team isn't playing so well either.

17. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Well, 3.5 isn't such a bad rating, it's average. I doubt that you'll find sources praising his performances in the first two games this or the first two thirds of the last season.

Ever heard of players somehow setting additional power free for their national team? Sanneh is a good example IMO.

18. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Agree. Everything he touched somehow came out golden ... except that last header into the side netting of the German goal. Hope he has a solid year.

19. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have any problem with Olaf's opinion as it is based on first-hand knowledge. Since I have access to two Bundesliga games a week, I may have the opportunity to have a real opinion on Sanneh's play. On the other hand, Nurenberg does not look like it is going to be the first choice side for these games, so who knows.

20. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    This indeed might last. A Bavarian duel vs Bayern might have been a good choice (Sep 14), but this is nothing against the Ruhr derby Dortmund vs Schalke played at the same time. Maybe Oct 5 when being guests in Berlin, there aren't really attractive games that weekend; or Oct 19 vs Stuttgart, somehow traditionally also attracting the masses. However, there's always the chance if Nürnberg has to play on a Sunday as the TV stations just can choose between two games in this case.

21. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the information Olaf. One thing in favor of the Bavarian darby is that I live in Peru and the local sports cable channel is the one who carries the Bundesliga. If they have a choice of games, they are predisposed to Bayern since Claudio Pizarro plays there.