7/26 DCUvsDOOP: CSN Announcers Bobblehead Night!!!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Murr, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Which Bobblehead do you want?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2015.
  1. W Dave Johnson screams "It's in the net!" when head moves. Batteries not included.

19 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. L As favorable as a six pack of Santino Quaranta's dress shirts

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. T Sebastian Salazar breaks down the importance of this one point at home

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Don't Care. Just drinking until Sasho Cirovski's brilliant post game analysis starts

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't miss them. I'm just conditioned to assume that, if we're behind, we're gonna lose because of the aforementioned 2010-2014 period. The brain takes awhile to rewire pathways that have been damaged that severely.

I have the same problem with corner kicks and set pieces.

nobletea, Winoman, Publius and 1 other person repped this.
  2. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was soft live, but watching the TV replay last night I think it was a fair call.

Stan Collins and asitis repped this.
  3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that hippy freak cries way too easily, but I agree with you about Arnaud - I didn't know Halsti was injured so most of the game I had two questions (which I think I asked @Marco10 at least twice) 1) how was Arnaud on the field, and 2) why wasn't Halsti out there.

He would direct another player to pass somewhere, usually somewhere it would not make sense to pass at the time, that player would ultimately give the ball to Arnaud who would then give the ball away and then gesticulate like it was someone else's fault he passed the ball to the wrong guy. Or he'd ignore a forward run, throw his hands up like there were no options for him, then turn around and pass the ball backward.
    I just don't see the "good" anyone saw out of him last night.

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see it on TV; maybe it looks like a much better call there, dunno. But live in the stadium it looked to me like the Philly player had the better position and Arnaud ran into the back/side of him. Not that I haven't seen that call given before -- but I hate it when it is. If someone kicks the ball past me and then runs straight into me and I haven't moved, what the hell did I do wrong? I understand the foul if I move into their path to check them; but when I haven't tried to block their path but simply held my ground or (even more maddeningly) was moving away with my back to the player?

5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Live I thought it was soft and expected the miss. I completely forgot to rewatch it afterward.

6. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looked to me like they tired quite a bit.
    Union fans seemed to think so too.
    From The Philly SBNation site.
    "Perhaps ultimately the Union grew exhausted after playing 120 U.S. Open Cup minutes in the heat and humidity Tuesday afternoon at Red Bull Stadium, or perhaps the Union just aren't good enough to beat a team the quality of United thrice in a season, whatever the case may be, it was another disappointing Union result in a long list of them in 2015."

7. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at it again. I think it was a good call. Even in the Philly version of Black and Red United article I just read, they said it was the right call. If anyone should feel aggrieved, it would be them.

8. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PK call was on the opposite end from where I was standing so I cannot comment.

GREAT CALL!!! Lol :D

Winoman repped this.
  9. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can book at least one Espy to Saborio corner kick goal this year.

Oveki8 repped this.
  10. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you in the first half, but maybe Benny lit him up at halftime. Then, again, I didn't think anyone played very well in the first half. It appeared to me that Kemp was playing for Philthy, the whole game.

Boloni86 and Oveki8 repped this.
  11. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #86 uniteo, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    clearly the correct call from replay, and it was a tough call because the distances were small and the timeframe was short.

Not sure what was poor about Kitchen and Arnaud..offensively the space was on the wings so they weren't ever going to do a lot down the middle and after minute 5 the only consistent attacking through the middle was when Edu countered and K&A would have been concerned with midfielders.

shawn12011 repped this.
  12. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    The first goal was a combination of a poorly weighted Korb pass and Arnaud's inability to keep possession. He was dispossessed many times last night, he just had trouble holding the ball in traffic. The passes were mostly side to side or backwards. His run leading to the PK was very good however. Also, since Maidana really had no influence on the game, either Arnaud or Kitchen (or both of them) had something to do with that. However, I noticed Rolfe -- and sometimes NDL -- were pinching in centrally for long periods of time in order to link with Saborio and Espindola. That left Kemp, usually, with no cover defensively and limited his ability to go forward. I'm not sure you get away with that formation against better teams.

Oveki8 repped this.
  13. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And where the heck did that volley come from? (It was goalbound but tipped away.) Korb hit it about as hard as Doyle's thunderstrike.

14. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say what you will about Arnaud yesterday, but that pass was Korb's fault. If by combination you mean 99% Korb and 1% Arnaud didn't make a miraculous play to get it back then, OK.

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    What happened pre-game on the field? Was there an exposed sprinkler head that was missed during pre-game activities?

Winoman repped this.
  16. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondered about that myself. I saw this guy running diagonally from the (used to be) LaNorte corner to near the center circle. Then he ran over to the corner under where the big clock used to be. Then he ran back to the same spot near midfield. He looked like he was carrying something, too. At first I thought it was Todd rushing the field, for old times sake! :eek: :D

Also, what was the big to-do where the VW party used to be? Was that a party for Leidos employees? I saw a couple of folks get hit in the head by stray shots on goal, during team warmups.

Oveki8 repped this.
  17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It looked like he had some kind of tool with him. I assumed it was a key to lower a sprinkler head. It was funny to watch his initial sprint from near near midfield between the benches to the old clock area. He dropped a few things in the slow sprint. I wasn't in the stadium as early as I normally am. I don't recall the last time they used the sprinkler system instead of the cart with water before the game or during halftime so I wasn't sure what I was watching and assumed it unknowingly was probably exposed well before game time.
    I assumed this was another one of their weekends.

Winoman repped this.
  18. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm out of town for ONE GAME......

nobletea and Winoman repped this.
  19. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Stay out of town. :D

20. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, if it means the wins....I'll take that hit.

Winoman repped this.
  21. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    #96 song219, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    I've already decided I'll never wear shades during a game because when I had them on Filfthy scored twice.

nobletea and Winoman repped this.
  22. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    The future's so bright.

asitis, Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  23. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take it back, this (by Martin Fernandez of UnitedMania), shows Davy was playing some awesome defense ;)

[​IMG]

jersey exchanges are supposed to take place after the game (or during half-time for referees) :D

sitruc, Oveki8, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  24. dcjeffc

dcjeffc Member

Jun 4, 2015
    It seemed like Davy Arnaud's defensive gameplan was "play two-hand touch as they blow past me"

25. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, that's Davy's favorite defensive move: Texas Holdem. (Davy Arnaud, Nederland, Texas, West Texas State U., 2002.)

Winoman repped this.