Pre-match: 6a giornata Napoli vs Brescia 09/29/2019

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Elmas cost us 18mil and he was a starter for Fenerbahce, he's also only a year older than Tonali.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The turkish league is a notch below Serie A and many Turkish fans were scratching their heads when we signed him because they felt we overpaid. His signing was also a risk. All signings are.

Tonali was highly rated for two years. Not risking to sign him in hindsight was a bad move because now we are priced out. (Especially since PSG are now throwing their hat in) 35$-40$ million price tag will easily double

3. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yes but the Serie B is quite a few notches below the Turkish League.

Not saying I would not have taken the gamble on Tonali but I could see the reasoning as to why we didn't. Besides, our scouts have been really good. You can list on 1 hand the amount of young players we bought (22 and younger let's say) who didn't pan out ..

Diawara, Eduardo Vargas, Hysaj, Rog)

4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But unlike the Turkish league, he is at least adhering to Italian tactics and way of playing. Stand-out player in Serie B at 18 is saying something. To me it would have been a no brainer.

5. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That's fair enough that's the thing with soccer it's subjective everyone has their own opinion on how things should be done so I respect that and I can understand where you're coming from forsure. I too would love to get Tonali, I think Guintoli just took the safer option.

6. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I am happy with Elmas, but so far Tonali has shined more. It's more difficult to play in our team than in Brescia's, I guess, but still, the guy is even younger than Elmas. We shall see. But Tonali looks like a beast in the making.

7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Maybe Guintola and the gang should look closer and take some risks with homegrown talent. What happened with Sensi?`