6/15 Charleston vs. CASL Elite (R)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mister Obvious, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Battery will face CASL Elite in the first round of the US Open Cup on Tuesday June 15th at Blackbaud Stadium...tickets will go on sale Friday morning at 9am.

Before you read on, this will be a second chance for Bribetaker, Buck, Mike Ross, Mikey and the rest of the E10 gang, when you read who is playing on this team.

http://www.caslelite.com/

CASL Elite are the senior team for the Capital Area Soccer League. Begun in 2010, and part of the Triangle Adult Soccer League, their team is primarily compromised of former professionals, current CASL staff coaches and former CASL youth players.

Led by the former Carolina Railhawks coach Scott Schweitzer and CASL's Scott McGuinn.

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with Shitzer on their team, I am looking forward to this match! maybe a "Scotty, how's your brother?" banner

3. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sent Mark Watson an email about this game and this was his reply:

Look who is coming back to town. Could you come out of retirement for this game?

I would love another chance to play against Scott Schweitzer, I'm sure he's as classy as he's always been. I'm sure the Battery fans will make him feel very welcome. Do you know if his brother will make the trip as well?
    Good luck.
    Mark

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First match of the USOC tonight and the Battery play CASL

here is some pre match from the post and courier
    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...attle-pro-foe/

quite a few familar names on the squad.
    Scott Schweitzer, Jacob Coggins and Dustin Swinehart. On Monday, the team also picked up former Battery midfielder John Ball.

Ball joining is the team tels me they want to win this match bad. expect lots of trash talk off the ball, lots of chippy fouls and cheap shots. Hopefully the young ones wont let them get under their skin and not give up up any silly cards tonight.

As we dont have any games until the next round of the USOC, I dont see any reason not to start our normal starters

looks like Wilson and Jackson are both still coming back from injuries so they wont feature tonight.

The match will be on USLlive.com tonight as well.

Its going to be a hot one today. Heat warnings are in effect and if yesterday is any indication the Heat index will be around 110F. Not sure of the fitness level of CASL but our guys will be as ready as they can be. I cant imagine CASL bench is very deep squad.

Only the West STands will be open tonight and tickets are start at only $5

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-2 win for the Battery.

should have been 7-2 but Heinemann somehow missed three very casual goals. I told him not to buy a lottery ticket today cause he obviously didnt have any luck.

The first CASL goal was a soft goal when a couple battery players thougth the other were going to pick up a man coming into the box from the midfield but didnt.

Second goal was well done by CASL and kudos to them.

here is the battery's postmatch

http://www.charlestonbattery.com/matches_report.asp?mid=329