50a Copa Libertadores 2010

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not understanding what you want to say. Explain.

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar-
    Copa Libertadores: 25 appearances
    Best: Semi-Final in 1986
    Copa Sudamericana: 6 appearances
    2002: Semi-Final
    2004: Finalist

Now thats not to bad considering that are League has been plagued by corruption since i remember. now for you to bad mouth a country's clubs who you might not really know of is another thing. Bolivar, The Strongest, Along with Jorge Wilsterman have been at certain points been tough/memorable rivals for other teams in South America. Bolivar being the Strongest. If my team is one of the best at the moment and possibly one of the best representatives of our Continent, i wouldnt have time to talk shit on other supporters. i would just be about my own BS with my head up high not looking down.

The Strongest
    - First team in South America to beat a Brazilian team with a difference of 3 goals in the Copa Libertadores de América (2001, 5-1 Juventude)
    ...now i don't know how juventude were at the moment, but this is interesting

Bolivar will be better prepared for this tournament and will more than likely make it out of 1st round (the development of our league depends on this). and Blooming has a good base squad.

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Lol don't get your hopes too high but good luck to your club anyhow
    they will diffenitly need it

4. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey Dusty,

What is really up with Bolivar? Bolivar's owner is one of or the richest owner in the America's. I know he's worth over 1 billions dollars. Is he thinking about building youth center or stadiums? Is he really doing anything?

5. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes, one of the owners is Marcelo Claure, one of the richest guys in SA, Bolivar was going bankrupt but Claure saved them last year. And this year they are champions of the pre-temporada championship, champions in the aperture, second in the clausura, and now they're playing the semifinals of the play-off tournament.

I'm a The Strongest fan, so I hate bolivar with all of my guts, but I think it's finally going to be a worthy Bolivian opponent in this year's libertadores

6. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Haha . werent you the one saying that Chivas would take out Estudiantes or Flamengo. that's big talk man. TOO BIG. If chivas make it to our group. i would be willing to make a bet.haha

7. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    :confused:

8. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    @ chaski :) you got that too? i was hoping someone would

i would like it if Alianza Lima would be no.2

9. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Alianza Lima is Peru 2,
    Juan Aurich or San Martin will be Peru 3.

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I didn't say they can I said I would love to see Chivas get one of the two clubs when they enter the tournament in the knock out stages! the coach of Estudiantes I think his name is something Bella anyhow he said for the Club World Cup he was glad not to get Atlante cause he used to be an assistant coach at Monterrey in Mexico and said Mexican clubs run all over the pitch and ware the opponent down. So he knows from experience!

11. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    peru 1 and 2 will be finally known after we get a champion (1), and a loser (2)

12. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Real Potosi is Bolivia 3

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alejandro Sabella is the name of the coach, but in general i'd take what coaches say with a grain of salt, because some prefer to keep a low profile to not generate overconfidence and other say the contrary to generate confidence. But nevermind the Club World Cup now.

By the way, didn't Mariscal Santa Cruz win the equivalent of the Fair Cities Cup in the 70's?

Looking towards seeing San Martín again in the Cup, i liked them last year let's see if this year they improve their run.

14. The Antigua Ganja redded

Oct 13, 2009
    Club:
    Estudiantes De La Plata
    Don't you mean Atlanta? :confused:

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He should also know that once you get mexicans teams out of that Fog, Pollution and Altitude shithole this always happens:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU529bbMP0M"]YouTube- Barcelona vs. America(Mex.)[/ame]

AND THIS:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnfTl-tM5AQ"]YouTube- 071209 TOYOTA CUP Etoile Sahel 1 - 0 Pachuca Highlight[/ame]

AND THIS:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBEZ4_7zMEI"]YouTube- 2008/12/17 CWC SF Pachuca vs Liga de Quito[/ame]

Atlante vs ???????

To be Continued

16. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    or when guadalajara did beat boca juniors 4-0 in la bombonera,argentina

or when tigres did beat 3-0 banfield in argentina

or when tigres did beat 5-2 caracas in venezuela

or when guadalajara did beat cobreloa 3-1 in chile

or toluca 2-0 el nacional in ecuador

etc,etc,etc,etc

so much for the we cant win outside mexico,kiddo

:rolleyes:

17. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    funny because El Nacional plays in el Olimpico Atahualpa in Quito in altitude as well,so your point isn't really proven there,but still Mexican teams are known to play both at home as well as in other stadiums.

18. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i made a mistake the guadalajara 4-0 boca juniors was in guadalajara mexico,but CRUZ AZUL did defeat boca juniors in argentina,anyways,NOT all mexican teams play in cities with high altitud and lots of smog,people just like to exagerate,not all teams play in high altitud.

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are right I Meant Try winning outside THE AMERICAN CONTINENT.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Anyways should be a good Copa Libertadores this tournament I am gonna try to make it to a game if Chivas plays Sao Paulo I will make it to the Murumbi, if Chivas plays a good opponent in Jalisco I will still go watch them play for Copa Libertdores. This is on my bucket list of must things to do!

21. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    like when pumas UNAM did defeat real madrid in the santiago bernabeu

that doesnt mean pumas is better than real madrid but that did happen ;)

or atlante 3-1 malaga in spain

or america 1-0 jeonbuk in japan

etc

22. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WIN A TOURNAMENT. not some friendly that the World doesn't give a shit about. THE CLUBS WORLD CUP is coming let ATLANTE WIN it than talk. What's next? Arsenal of Sarandi and inter bragging about winning the copa Suruga? OMG beating Real Madrid!!! Like that an accomplishment that one one else in the World can Claim!! FFS

23. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Well yeah they won 0-1 but the agg was tied and they proceeded to lose the title on PK's.

24. The Antigua Ganja redded

Oct 13, 2009
    Club:
    Estudiantes De La Plata
    Facking A...do we still have people jerking off to shit that happen long ago? :rolleyes:

Anyways, Flamengo, Internacional, Sao Paulo and Cruzeiro to the Libertadores (in that order from 2 to 5). Flamengo are the Serie A champions after 17 years.

25. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    DAAAAMN. They should be scared!! Any Mexicans can take them out EASILY especially in the knock out stages!!! How embarrasing is this going to be if the Mexican don't win it despite having 5 clubs and 2 in the Knock out stage already? I here Corinthians is not ********ing around this year!