50a Copa Libertadores 2010

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here is my preview of Group one. Thanks to the posters who helped me out with information.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=7555

My Prediction:

1) Corinthians
    2) Independiente Medellin
    3) Cerro Porteno
    4) Racing Club Montevideo

I'll try to work on the other groups this week.

2. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good shit man..im an avid reader of your blogs...

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    First of all, I'll make one thing clear. If you know or didn't know, I used to be the Rights holder for Timeshares being sold in Oaxaca.. and if you think that your ridiculous statement about it means more to mexicans in the States is going to fly with me??.. B.U.L.LS.H.I.T.. Who in the hell are you trying to convince?? I know Mexico better than you do..

Second. America vs Santos??? America used Subs?? What year? Because in the Quarter-final in 2008 against Santos. America used the same line-up in both games against Santos than they used against Flamengo..just go to www.conmebol.com and check it out.. Again, what are you talking about or are you just flat Lying?

Third: using subs against your own clubs is not the same as playing Sao Paolo with subs. the only reason you play with Subs is that you are "FORCED TO" or are in a "Pinch" or even worst, "YOU KNOW YOU WON"T WIN SO WHY TRY". just like Monterey lineup that Tano09Xsiempre posted.. You want us to believe you don't take it seriously? Use the same Subs when Sao paolo goes visit Monterey. We'll see...

Fourth: Your Mexican league is better suited for our tournaments. It doesn't matter if you lose a point here or there. Why? because as long as you make your playoffs, you are good. None of the major Football nation in the world uses a Playoff system.. our clubs fAAck up one single possible point. its going to bite you in the ass AT THE END.

And last: if its true want you say than it just proves what every poster in here has ever said about Mexican clubs. You bring the quality down and you don't belong. I think its an Excuse just in case!!

4. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was the Libertadores in 2007 where America used subs and that tronco ass scored a goal against Santos...we lost 2-1

5. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know what tano.. how much does America spend a year? You give me half of that and let me run any club in South America. I'll have 23 excellent footballers, and it would not matter who starts.. Like I said before, South American clubs play with two hands tied their backs because all our best players practice their profession outside our leagues. That's just an excuse for me!!!

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dude, dont hate cause they got money! Thats the beauty of things, they brought in good foreigners, and in turn it turned their league to semi unknown in the early 90s late 80s to a great league now! A tad' bit below argentina and brasil, but def. can out bid most if not all teams in both leagues, well at least America.

I have a great respect for mexico in that sense, i hope USA can sooner or later copy what they do and make the MLS work the same.

South america is good at producing young products, specifcally argnetina and brasil, dont worry about the players that leave, because they stay creating them.

Not to mention the footballers that get to enjoy european type money while still playing in a latin american country and living well in a country that may not be spain but speak their language.

7. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dude i agree...but doesn't really matter man, the same situation happens in Europe, ppl think just because they have money it means that they will 23 top of the line players...its impossible 1st because no player likes to eat bench second, that would be a waste of talent...im not disagreeing with you man, i think if teams that want to really participate they should most def use their 1st teams...something ive believed in since the first time Mexican teams participated... and dude you might not believe it but there's a huge mafia in the Mexican league...Promoters own the league like you wouldn't believe it..its impossible to have alll great signings...tell me how this cat Biancucci made it to Cruz Azul along side soo many that came because of a promoter...

at the end of the day...its no excuse but a good observation. just look what stupid Ramon Diaz did...they gave him 20 million in signings and he facked up by not even making it into the Cup...

8. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    mine

racing
    corinthians
    dim
    cerro

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What makes you think Racing will top the group?

10. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not hating money. Just because you have money doesn't mean you are a great footballing nation. Go see ASIA. Go see Qatar, Go see UAE..Hell you are south american, you should know that money didn't play shit in the history of developing our football. Boca juniors is not that far behind the top mexican clubs in revenue. That's not the point. The point is that with all that money, They can't get 23 excellent footballers on one team. why is that? Why is the drop off of quality so drastic? Is it because their's a limit of foreigners allowed? youth systems sucks? or is it the Mexican players lack the quality? If you take Ldu Quito, Once Caldas, Olimpia, Cienciano..etc.. What was the common denominator? These clubs all had Great home-grown players.

I can see how you can rationalize..I think your club is in the same boat? Bolivar is owned by a BILLIONAIRE... Where are the results? and for the record here is Deloitte Football Report Top 20 Football Leagues in average revenue (per team) as of 07. if someone could find a recent one. Much appreciated!!!

1. Premiership (average $150 mil per team) 06/07
    2. Bundesliga (average $100 mil per team) 06/07
    3. La Liga (average $90 mil per team) 06/07
    4. Serie A (average $80 mil per team) 06/07
    5. Ligue 1 (average $70 mil per team) 06/07
    6. Brazilian League (average ~$43 mil per team) 06/07
    7. Mexican Football League (average ~$35 mil per team)
    8. J-league (average ~$31 mil per team)
    9. Scottish Premier League (average ~$30 mil per team)
    10. Russian Premier League (average ~$25-30 mil per team)
    11. Argentina (average ~$25-29 mil)
    12. Dutch Eredivisie ( ~$24-27 mil)
    13. English Championship (average $27.4 mil per team) 06/07
    14. Portugese first division (~$20-25 mil)
    15. Turkish Premier League (~$20 mil)
    16. Greece (~$20 mil)
    17. Serie B (~$15-20 mil
    18. Bundesliga 2 (~$15-20 mil)
    19. MLS (average ~$12-15 mil per team)

11. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good post. But the difference between the UAE and mexico is culture. Many south americans rather stay in south america or go to mexico because the cultures are similar, the language, and not to mention, especially now, europe is watching mexico now more then ever, meaning, choosing to go there doesnt mean the end of your career as it did a while ago, like before they were going to the libertadores.

Yea, i agree there is a drop off from the best mexican teams competiting and why they always never make it SUPER far in the libertadores.

I cant answer that, and think it would kinda suck if they won, lol, but maybe it is lack of internal talent, style of play? Who knows? cant pin point it, but there is a drop off, as seen with atlante vs. Barca and how Estudiantes did vs. Barca, and Atlante vs. Pohang steelers.

With that said though, yes, our team is owned by a bolivian billionaire! But he is pretty modest with our spending, i think shelling out a max of 1.5million USD, which aint really nothing compared to teams like LDU which i think was listed at around 10million when they played Manchester United in the final of the club world cup. Have no idea how high bigger teams like boca are.

Bolivar is tyring to grow little by little, and claure (marcelo claure our owner) is trying to develop our team little by little, by getting quality coaches, trainers, sponsors, and not to mention connections like he has with the president of Barca, which led to our little european tour a couple months back. :)

Hopefully bolivar does well in this libertadores, but it is looking worse and worse with Juan Aurich in our group and not to mention... GULP!.... Estudiantes! :)

Lets see how this goes.... VIVA BOLIVAR!!!

12. spc3sc

spc3sc Member+

Jul 24, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Nice review. I can help with Peruvian teams if you'd like

13. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow will this guy ever stop for once with the Mexico bigotry.

Monterrey just gave up or going to bunker for a tie.

any chances that Colon el equipo del turko will make it trough.

14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colón pretty much are saving all their starters for the midweek matches, in top of that getting acceptable results with them, let's see if it ends up being worth it in the cup.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks! Any information you can have is helpful. I sent you a PM.

16. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
  17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Normally I would agree, but if they have to play their Clasico this week then the strategy is understandable to some extent. While winning at the Morumbi would earn their club respect overseas, I think regardless of what country or what city you come from, the local Clasico is what the hard core fans -and the hard core haters- always care about the most.

And from a practical standpoint, their match at Sao Paulo is probably the least important match in their group anyway. As long as they can win at home and steal some points overseas, they should advance. And realistically they are more likely to be able to steal points in Paraguay or Colombia than at Sao Paulo.

So, if they bunker at Sao Paulo, try to survive, save the best for the local derby, and then go all out in La Copa after that, then I don't think it's really a dumb decision.

19. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maybe im just looking at it as an outsider and not a supporter of the club

i think you are right..if America were to play Chivas a the following days after a Copa game id rather them send an alternative squad ONLY if the squad was weak...a combination would work as well...

I also doubt they would have taken points at Morumbi...

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A very entertaining match in Chile, between Universidad Catolica and Colon. Good result for Colon so far.

The earlier match in Santa Fe was very entertaining, as well. A good matchup between these two clubs.

21. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    tapadon del arquero de Colon.

what a match!

and nacional de paraguay just missed a PK. down 2-0 to once caldas.

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Red card. You have to have a red card to make it more dramatic.

EDIt: Golazo Catolica now.

Drama for 15 minutes.

23. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Catolica's Diaz is nice.

Both teams are pretty quality. Shame only one of them can stay.

Oh shit, freekick golazo.

2-2 with 15 minutes to go

24. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    que golazo!
    what a game!!

25. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

When does San Luis and Chivas come into this tournament after the results of these groups meaning the next stage?