4th game: Peru vs Venezuela (r) pre/post game comments

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by Arango82, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Su-35

Su-35 New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Too much whining, whatever you think the referees role he did not make up the goals, Peru failed to materialize anything, even the penalty play it would have been a technicality since you had no control whatsoever of the ball.

When the refs ripped us off with Bolivia with which was 100x more relevant. We still did not whine as much.

2. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You guys did not whine, ummmmk.

Alot of people saw what the ref did. I mean anulando 3 penalties for Peru, at least. F that.

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    sip - el mismo que le quito un PK - tan claro como el de hoy a canada en la FINAL DE copa oro vs USA....y eso era una final, cualquiercosa puede pasar con ese gil.

comprale pasaje de regreso a tamaulipas...en venezuela ni de recoje bolas lo van a emplear.

4. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I think it was a penalty and it affected the game

But what people never talk about is:
    "Was the referee able to see the play or not?"

I think it would have been very difficult for the referee to see that penalty.
    And the reason is that the referee had the worse angle to see what happened.
    If there's somebody to blame, would be the sideline.

Handball in the last play?
    I don't know, I didn't see a replay.

BTW, It's Venezuela's 2nd victory.
    and the important thing is that Venezuela now has a very good chance to go to the 2nd round for the 1st time.

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Como dije anteriormente: no fue si fue un robo "propiamente tal", pero de que Vza. se vio favorecida por el arbitraje...de eso no hay duda. Ten la hidalguia de reconocerlo. :) Ademas, fuiste uno de los que mas alego en contra del arbitraje de Colo Colo - Caracas (no tiene mucho que ver, pero no hay que ser cinico tampoco).

Metro

6. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, he's from Mexico.

I don't think he was bought by Chavez (of course, there's no way to prove he was/wasn't), but he really did have a terrible game; especially when it came to not calling that obvious penalty. He also did a lousy job at Canada's semifinal in the Gold Cup.

At the same time, he was a very good referee at WC 2006. He was one of the most consistent referee's at the World Cup, and became the first referee to handle 5 World Cup matches in a tournament.

Article on Archundia's refereeing in WC 2006 here.

7. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    That's the point. That's what Archundia was there for. Venezuela could not be the first host country to get eliminated in the 1st round. It wasn't going to happen. I don't know who it was, but somebody pulled the strings and just in time for Archundia to ref the game. This is the 2nd time he's called the game in favor of the host.

I knew something like this would happen...I just didn't want to believe it...

8. MesQueUnClub

MesQueUnClub New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Archundia la cago y punto. Queria que ganara Peru porque la mera verdad Fifa (en este caso conmebol) siempre le echan la mano a los equipos anfitriones que necesitan alluda.

Tres mundialistas en el grupo B y C y cero en el grupo A. No mamen.

Quiziera creer que los arbitros no se compran. Mi Padrino que murio en el campo hace menos de un ano fue albitro en Mexico y tuve nomas una oportunidad de hablar con el afondo y me aseguro que heco no pasa, o que el sepa no pasaba.

Fue un hombre de honor y quisiera creer que haci son la mayoria.

9. SCHNUGGLEZ

SCHNUGGLEZ New Member

May 31, 2006
    Even with a penalty, the final would have read 2-1 in favor of Venezuela.

Peru had their chances, most of which fell to the feet of Guerrero but he failed to capitalize each and every time. He's an exciting player, but his unsportsmanlike and childish behavior after the match deserves a fine. I'm surprised Peruvian fans haven't said Guerrero was bought by Sanchez or CONMEBOL for his misses today.

The non-call on the PK is due Venezuela for the clear penalty that should've been awarded to them against Bolivia. Plus Paez getting sent off was wrong. So how, then, are the refs favoring the host team? Please explain.

Congratulations to the Vinotintos. You won fair and square, and should feel proud to be likely moving into the quarterfinals for the very first time in your history.

10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

with 4 points i think its safe to say you guys will get in as a third best team if you dont finish 1st or 2nd in the group

11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    its very simple really

the game was 1-0 at the time of the pk

the guy could have gotten red carded, and then with the pk it could have been 1-1 10 men on each side

but its all coulds, cant say for sure th pk would have gone in

the problem with shit reffing is that not only the losing side feels screwed, the winning side hardly get any recognition of their win

having said that, the ref didnt put 2 goals in the back of the net

and he didnt get sent off in the 14th minute

the Peruvian team as much as a right they have to feel they got screwed, gotta recognise they effed up to aswell

and move on and think about Bolivia

12. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Knowing if the score would have ended 2-1 is a question in itself, the whole attitude of the game would have changed had the PK been awarded.

There were also calls against Venezuela, like an offside where there wasn't one. Yet, comparing a PK that should have been awarded in a game against Bolivia is a seperate matter and has no relation to this one.

Paez was sent off for two yellow cards, kicking the ball into the net after the ref has blown the whistle is liable for a yellow card.

13. Mr. Beelzebub

Mr. Beelzebub Member

Jun 12, 2007
    West New York
    Cual es tu definicion de mundialista???????!!!!!!!

Uruguay ha ganado 2 copas mundiales, Bolivia ha ido a un mundial y Peru a cuatro.

PS: Hora de tomar lecciones en gramatica y ortografia.

14. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    ademas en este grupo y en el de Argentina hay 3 ganadores de la Copa

solo hay uno en el grupo de Brasil, Mexico, Chile y Ecuador;)

15. MesQueUnClub

MesQueUnClub New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    I like typing in spanish here and there and I knew some of the grammar was wrong, but what can I say I'm a lazy bastard.;)

Mi definicion de mundialistas son equipos que fueron al pasado mundial o tienen a jugadores que an hido al mundial o tiene experiencia en el mundial.

Uruguay ha ganado dos copas del mundo. Hace 50 anos.

Bolivia ha ido a un mundial y Peru a cuatro. Bolivia en el 94 y Peru en 82.

Que tiene que ver en esta Copa lo que haigan hecho estos equipos hace decadas? Mi punto era que Conmebol le estava alludando a venezuela por ser el anfitrion y le dieron el grupo mas accesible.

16. MesQueUnClub

MesQueUnClub New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    My intention was not to knock any team in the group just the system. I have nothing against these teams. Uruguay is still Uruguay. Peru fielded ome of the best teams in the 70's why they didnt do more with what they had is anyones guess. Venezuela has made giant strides considering where they were half a decade ago. And bolivia is attempting to get back to where they were in 94.

I just hate the fact that the powers that be (Conmebol) basically fixed the draw thats all.

17. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    First of all, I counted at least 2 clear penalties(one on Guerrero and one on Pizarro) and the hand ball(brazo) in the last minute of the game that were not called. Plus all the other missed calls.

Can you blame his frustration, the ref was clearly in favor of Venezuela.

Fair and square? Cmon man, you not even the Venezuelans believe this. I heard from so many non-Peruvian futbol fans say how bad Peru was robbed today. I hate to make excuses, sure Peru didnt capatilize but F that...............1 mistake ok, 2 mistakes you piece of crap, 3 mistakes go f yourself, but this sonabitch ref made like 8-10 mistakes. This was the worst I've ever seen Peru treated in a game. I hope and pray to the cheating referee Gods that Uruguay beats Venezuela and Peru beats Bolivia.

Thats justice my brothers...hable.

18. kapocris

kapocris New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Montevideo
    Ahora sí. Ahora estamos viendo la realidad pura y dura. Uno no puede retroceder al último peldaño de américa y salir de él tan pronto. Perú pasó a ser la nueva cenicienta de américa y el marcador de ayer lo demuestra. Ampliamente superados por una Venezuela discreta.

Saludos y a seguir remando.

19. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pero CONMEBOL no es la unica federacion que pone los equipos de casa en grupos con menos competicion. El anfitrion siempre tiene la ventaja de tener un grupo sin favoritos.

20. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    its happened all the time as far as i know

if your the host in Copa you will get the easier pool

just the way Conmebol operates

21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    your logic is flawless

22. jagum

jagum Member

CF Montreal
    Venezuela
    Jun 20, 2007
    Panama City, Panama
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Totally agree ... remember the match against Bolivia. Venezuela as a host received a non-call for a clear penalty, so the team did not received a help for the ref... But now that The Venezuelan team won against Peru, you say stupid things like that Chavez has bought the game. come on....holy cow!!!

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    2nd BEST post of the whole thread!

if jorge rojas got the call of PK in last game(last minute) vs Bolivia: los locales will claim 6 pts today.....

so that officiating critic goes out the window.
    archundia is plain bad, lets hope he is on plane back to tamaulipas today....

24. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Actually....Bolivia has participated in 3 World Cups.

25. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I agree........saying the ref was bought is too extreme....the reality is the ref was plain bad (anybody else notice how overall referees in the tournment have sucked?). But in all fairness, I don't think a better ref would have resulted in too much of a different score. I do think the ref failed to call one clear PK for Peru....but it is also true that Venezuela did play better regardless......perhaps because Peru had only 10 men in the field......but the red card Peru got was a well deserved red card. My personal opinion is that the result was fair.