Pre-match: 4a Lecce vs Napoli 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Agreed. But simultaneously, our defense has been, especially in comparison with that of Inter, devastatingly bad. Inter have conceded only 1 goal so far, while we have already conceded 8. We need to concentrate on staying up there regarding goal scoring and reducing the amount of goals that we concede. If we manage to do that, we will probably be really great.

2. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yes but we conceded 7 of the 8 in the first 2 games of the year and we've only conceded 1 goal in the past 3 games (Sampdoria, Liverpool and now Lecce) with the 1 goal being a penalty shot due to a mistake from our backup goalie

3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Fair enough. The ''slow start'' to the season, by which, I guess, everyone means the fact that we have failed to capitalize on Juve's lack of understanding of Sarri's ideas, could be a huge factor in the long run. However, if we decide not to heed such pessimistic opinions, I believe we are in for one hell of a season. The very bottom of my expectations is advancing from the CHL group and finishing 2nd in the league.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like who?

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Coach fully to blame. Ospina should never have played.

6. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Lozano is quoted saying he turned down PSG and Man United because his heart was set on Napoli because of Ancelotti and when he came to Napoli to see the city he fell in love with the city as well.

The same situation with Elmas.

Also James Rodriguez was willing to come but Real Madrid would not sell (This is according to Ancelotti, meaning that ADL really did try and the papers were just talking bullshit)

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think people have not yet given Carlo enough credit for that! The coach is a huge bait, especially if it is one of such veneration, but it is important for such a coach to also know what he is doing. Does anybody in here believe that we could keep pulling this off without rotation? Sarri should learn this, as Rabiot is already pissed off at Juve. Keeping the whole squad happy and content is one of the most important factors in football, notwithstanding the difficulty of the whole process.

And the best way to do it is to enhance the quality of the squad profusely and let each one take part in the success of the team, keep them motivated and hopeful. So far, Carlo has been doing one hell of a job at that, succeeding as celestially as the atmosphere allows. With an approach such as this one, each player feels an opportunity to prove themselves as opposed to the heavy weight of knowing that some players will simply always play, no matter how badly or absentmindedly they perform.

You have to be able to negotiate these things, and considering all of the above I can see quite clearly how Carlo could argue it out with Lozano in spite of the offer from PSG. Recently, we've been almost on par with PSG and we can offer him importance, or at least a solid, tangible chance, whereas PSG probably hadn't been able to do just that.

8. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ospina is not that trash where he shouldn't be playing against Leccce. It's the goalie's fault man cmon why are you blaming Ancelotti for that?

9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    zanka is not very good no. Kjaer is ok, but has seen his best days

Bedelcigil repped this.
  10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes. Rotating senselessly you bring players that are insecure and try to prove things. This is what happens.

Who else is to blame?

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well no club wanted him and we can see why. He can claim all he wants.

12. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hb Ospina who dived in like an idiot?

If you aren't happy and you think the season is over then why are you still following? We're in September man ...

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ospina was to blame for the goal. Go on Tifosi Napoli and see how overwhelmingly he was voted worst player for the game though in my view it was Insigne.

I am extremely unhappy with our start. I wish I could leave all of this behind and not care. It’a not as simple.

You can change your wife but not your club.

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  14. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm sorry I wasn't trying to come off too aggressively, we all love Napoli and I get that. I think that sometimes we just need to set our expectations to be ... more reasonable, I am not expecting a title I think this Juventus team is too strong. I think top 3 is a must and I don't think we'll fail to get there. Conte is gonna throw away the Champions League because he's shit there to try and focus on the league. Good luck to him but I think they'll be out of the race by mid February, their subs are just not scudetto winning subs

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But then Ancelotti should stop telling fans we will win the title.

Also if we are not going to win he should not praise the transfer market and attack fans for not showing up anymore.

16. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't have the quote but I thought he said we will aim for the title which I think we can do but that doesn't make us favourites especially against this current Juventus team.

Also the transfer market overall was positive I thought you also agreed on that? Lozano, Di Lorenzo and Manolas all improved the quality of our team.

The fans should show up because they love Napoli. They showed in Serie B and Serie C, why aren't they showing up now when we have arguably the best team we've had since bankruptcy in the early 2000's.

Regarding the stadium/attendance: ADL has even dropped ticket prices, the stadium was renovated (slightly but still a big improvement over how it was last year though I still feel it needs A LOT more work) and our attendances still aren't where they should be. He threatens to make a 30,000-40,000 seat stadium at least that will be full every week. We all want Napoli to have a 50,000-60,000 seat stadium but our average attendance over the past 3 years has been roughly 29-32k .. That's ridiculous, I get for Champions League we usually get around 45-50k but when we just got promoted to Serie A our fans didn't expect us to win the league and we averaged 40-45k every single match day.

I am by no means an ADL supporter, I think he held us back a few years ago when we were in 1st place in January and he didn't strengthen the team to make us have reliable subs. At the same time though I have to say we have always been steadily improving in terms of the quality on the team when you keep going back every 3 years and checking the progress it is available for all to see we are in a way stronger position we even bought the best centre back from a direct rival this summer (Manolas from Roma) which would have never happened before.

17. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I don't think this guy loves Napoli at all. He ( and another guy here ) always wish ill on the club, if you check back his past posts, that much is clear. Pitchforks out every time we draw or loss a game with his dire predictions of utter doom, and with the recent loss, of course he's all over it once again like vultures attracted to rotten flesh. He basically hates Ancelotti because he replaced his beloved Sarri and find every opportunity to find fault and attack him.

We are not going to win the league that much is certain. Even with our best team, we are outclass and outspent. Although there is always a chance. Miracles do happen in football even if they are rare.

Inter has had great start in the past only to fizzle out mid / end of season. Actually, it is better to loose games early then later on in the season as we still can learn from our mistakes. My greatest concern for Napoli is the mentality issue. We tend to give up easily in the past and throw in the towel at the first obstacle. I saw some improvement this season in this aspect although it didn't work out in the game against Cagliari.

As for why fans are not flocking to the stadium, perhaps it's just fatigue? Expectation raised and not fulfill after many seasons and promises not kept. It wears off after a while. Understandable although not an excuse to not support the club. ADL doesn't help of course.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Transfers were great but nowhere to bridge the gap. A but more and we could have.

My big worry are indicators, too many goals conceded, players in random positions and no identity.

Re fans I would go and I bought shirts but I understand them. They want big names and excitements. They used to go when there was passion but feel ADL has turned this into a corporate machine.

That said the San Paolo still looks depressing. Empty when you watch TV even against Liverpool because the lower rank is so bad.

19. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    No club wanted who?

20. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    san paolo is way better than before imo(at least you can sit a clean seat) and atmosphere was amazing.I think it was equal with full house anfield.

21. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No big club was after him

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Much better. But on TV it looks bad because it always looks empty.

Visually full stadiums attract more marketing money.