3. Liga [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Hobo, Jul 23, 2010.

1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Duisburg wants to get before court, because they don't accept that the DFL gives them no license.
    According to the DFL there are calculation mistakes, the club denied it.

Meanwhile some MSV idiots ran fury and demaged property of former MSV club boss Hellmich.
    Asocial Hartz 4 scum, that is what I call them. Hellmich is so stupid and keeps this club alive and they damage his property. If I were Hellmich I would take the rest of my money out and let the club burn in hell (Oberliga - 6th level). Tradition does not mean that you can run around and demage property of people who reached something in their life.

Schoppe23, CCinGermany, panicfc and 2 others repped this.
  2. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    So MSV and Offenbach most likely in Oberliga antd Landesliga? (Oberliga are 5th. level right?)

3. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yes, you are right - it is 5th level. Well, it depends on the outcome of their cases.
    But if Duisburg is really relegated to 5th level they will meat with Wuppertaler SV (WSV) another once proud club (reached a 4th place in the BL in the 70s). Wuppertal escaped relegation to 5th level very closely (because from the Oberliga Mittelrhein no club wants to get promoted), but currently the club discuss to get voluntarily relegated. Background: WSV president Runge stepped back this winter, quit the sponsoring of the club (by the company he manages) and released the contracts with the players (they were free to leave the club or sign low salary contracts).
    So the circumstances for the new club management are all, but well, and a restart at a lower level would really make sense if no new sponsors can be found (no easy task since WSV had bad publicity and there are some BL teams in other sports in Wuppertal, that are more interesting for local sponsors).
    From the region RW Essen seems to be financially on the up (with regards to 4th level). Their management seems to a good job and they should be able to form a top 5 side with the chance to play for promotion.

4. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yes I know of wuppertaler SV and yes when RWE had were kicked down they had Blau weiss as local derby to earn some money. RWE might begin to look better financially however still long way for the footballing level they were no near playing for promotion. 5th and 6th level are a long way if your natural level are 2nd. level.

Among the clubs that had played in BL and kicked down to oberliga the last 20 years how many has come up again? Oldenburg, Gütersloh, Mannheim, Ulm, Siegen just to mention some. I am a little nervous we wont see Offenbah, MSV, Alemannia, Lübeck, Essen too for quite some years in the top 3 leagues.

5. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    I must say I'm very glad this whole Kiel vs. Havelse story sorted itself out. Losing that way would have just not been fair. Now I look forward to seeing Kiel, finally at least one club from Schleswig Holstein, in professional soccer.
    I think for all the power they are claiming, the DFB should take some responsibility, too. If they give the license to someone, they gotta make sure these teams are able to finish the season and all their games are counted. If necessary, by having the DFB extend a loan. Having teams drop out following a judge's insolvency decision one matchday prior to the end of the season should never happen again. That was a farce.

As a Darmstadt fan and resident of course I welcome the whole Offenbach decision. Mostly because Offenbach fans are the biggest douchebags in Germany and more importantly, because this means Darmstadt stays in 3. Bundesliga. Not pretty, but pretty sweet, especially when it's at the cost of Offenbach. For all those who may think this is unfair, be advised that Offenbach should never have built that stadium, they have been on political life support for a long time, this is mostly a deferred insolvency that has been in the making for years. Darmstadt has gotten it's fair share of support from taxpayer money, certainly true, but nothing anywhere in the same league of what was afforded to Offenbach. Most importantly, Darmstadt was denied a bank guarantee issued by the state of Hessen, which is the exact thing that has kept Offenbach going and was now up for a partial extension of the repayment deadline once again. The state of Hessen and the city of Offenbach have gone to the extent of offering illegal subsidies to keep Offenbach alive. Offenbach has had this coming, now I must admit I hope it really happens. See ya later pals.

6. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I completely forgot that Offenbach kicked out means Darmstadt stays, which is certainly the 2nd best thing that could happen.

HSV-Jung repped this.
  7. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    As expected Wuppertaler SV went into insolvency and the first team will play the season in Oberliga.

9. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

Wuppertaler goes one down reom relegation to Oberliga while Duisburg and offenbach goes more than one level down? How? is that because Offenbach folds and restructures while Wuppertaler SV only lost a license?

10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    They would still need a Regionalliga license, and it is questionable if they would get one. Everything else is speculation at this point - the club also hasn't gone into insolvency, which means the situation is different from, say, Aachen at this point.

11. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
  12. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt

Somethings rotten in the south of Hessen...really a shame though. A very close friend of mine played for Offenbach a few years ago. Ok, as a half-fan of Offenbach, it's a shame. They are a nice club.
    Also, I'm calling you out HSV-Jung!!! I know many Darmstädter that would be angry if you claimed to be from Darmstadt but then put FFM as your location! Im just joking of course.
    Happy to see Kiel up though!

HSV-Jung repped this.
  13. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    However Darmstadt is like only 20 minutes with S-Bahn from FFM.

14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Last Wednesday SV Elversberg reached promotion with a 1-1 at 1860 Munich II (first match 3-2 home win for SVE). So Elversberg, Kiel and RB Leipzig are the teams promoted to 3. Liga.

15. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    I agree with everything you say apart from OCF being a nice club (actually the club may be, but their fans are not).
    I put Frankfurt as my location because this is an international forum and I figured most Americans would have a rough idea of where Frankfurt is, while no one's heard of Darmstadt. I come from up North near Hamburg, so I have no qualms with the regional rivalry, but Darmstadt is a nice place to live. Besides, I work right downtown Frankfurt, so I pretty much spend more time there than in Darmstadt.
    Back to OFC, now that it's actually happened I must admit I do feel for them and I hope they make a quick comeback.

BTW, while we're speaking of 3. Bundesliga, I wanted to voice a crazy conspiracy theory. I believe Stuttgart II gave Dortmund II the last game of the season. Dortmund were horrible all season and normally Stuttgart would never have lost against them, especially not at home. For Dortmund II the lure of professional soccer play as opposed Regionalliga is an important part of the sales pitch to young talent. This is important regardless of how well the first team is doing. So they were desperate to stay up. Stuttgart gave them that last match (without the win, even with a tie, Dortmund would have been relegated and Darmstadt would have stayed). So now Stuttgart is getting a good deal on Leitner. And don't you think the managers are above this type of conduct.

16. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Due to the US Army base and airfield in Darmstadt it's probably not that unknown.

17. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    True, servicemen will remember it, but there was actually never an airfield and the bases were closed eight years ago.

18. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Darmstadt Army Airfield:
    http://www.mil-airfields.de/de/list_d.htm

20. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt

I was just joking about the Darmstadt thing, I used to live in FFM and there is a little rivalry between the two.
    Elversberg is great to have in the 3. Liga, Im hoping they stay up. I just wish that Saarbrücken would stop screwing around in mid table all these years and get promoted already. Probably one of my favorite cities/clubs in the world.

21. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Seriously? you do realize that the Elversberg-Saarbrucken derby next season only will have 350 people in elversberg right? 3 more than there season average! :barefoot:

22. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    The last game between the two in Elversberg had 7000 in attendance (2010 season).

23. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    You are not funny. Exept that single match elversberg gonna have the lowest average in 3.liga history.

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Would have prefered Kassel instead of Elversberg. They became champion of the South division and it is a joke that they did not make it because they played a good side, while the second Elversberg played someone from the sh*tty Bavaria division, which has 5th level standard with exception of the reserve teams in there.

Lupin III repped this.