3. Liga [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Hobo, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Ah, that was my original reason probably :D - I know about Lübeck of course, but for some reason when I looked at the table yesterday I automatically assumed 34 games. Some kind of mini blackout ;)

Lupin III repped this.
  2. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Must be because you hoped Lübeck still played at the league ;0)

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    The situation has changed now anyway - with Oberneuland's insolvency, all their games get taken out. Which means Kiel get six points deducted, Havelse only one - so Havelse are in first place now.

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Kiel won 2-1 vs. Havelse and claims the championship in the North division. I really hope this is the final standing and no more teams get insolvency on the last match day.

5. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    This would be totally rubbery if Kiel doesnt go up. Wouldnt it be more logic to grant 3 points to all the teams and the result 0-2 instead? I believe thats a more common solution internationally to do.

6. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Well, they won against Havelse anyway, so they are already champions. To go up they need to win the play-off now.

As for what to do in case of insolvency - if all games are awarded wins it makes no difference (since all teams would get either 0 or 6 points, so in the end everyone still gets the equal amount of points). If only the games not played yet would be awarded - this would still give some teams an advantage (those who'll get the guaranteed three points without having to play). Generally I think it is the fairest solution to take all games out - it isn't exactly common for something like this to happen that late in the season, and with such drastic consequences (usually insolvencies happen early in the season or near the winter break).

7. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And let's welcome back Regensburg to the 3. BuLi...

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that..

9. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You do? I was hoping they would be able to stay up, but there were so many deficiencies. Here's to Regensburg strengthening the side in the offseason and making another run for promotion in 2013/14.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think them and Sandhausen need more time to build up their clubs to compete in the 2B.

11. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I completely agree. Good to see Regensburg get promoted, but they still have squad and financial issues to sort through. I will still wear my tricot with pride. Wish I could have gotten one of this year's though.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty cool. My son has a Sandhausen shirt, my friend coaches there.

goindownsouth repped this.
  13. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Next time I am in Germany, I hope to visit Regensburg and drop some cash in the fan shop. Hopefully.

"Eisenfuß" Eilts and panicfc repped this.
  14. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the word on licenses for Burghausen and Offenbach?

15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Neither Sandhausen nor Regensburg are 2. Bundesliga clubs. Sandhausen are lucky the year in the 2. Bundesliga didn't kill the club outright.

Burghausen - their license is still not secure, probably nothing definite before June
    Offenbach - the city will jump in and bail them out
    The wild cards are Dresden and Osnabrück, whoever loses the play-off might be in trouble.

Hobo repped this.
  16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Sandhausen was a rich club, well rich guy's toy.

17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    They have a sugar daddy, Jürgen Machmeier, who made his money with selling houses, but he is no super rich sugar daddy. With him and other sponsors the club from the 14000 inhabitans community Sandhausen had this season a 9 million € budget (2. Liga budget). No comparison to neighbor Hoffenheims sugar daddy Dietmar Hopp.

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he's pretty rich for the 3rd B, but can't compete any higher. What about Elversberg's rich guy?

19. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    All small fishes, Sportfreunde Lotte and Leipzig are the teams to look for in the promotion play-offs. It is a shame both face each other, but it is a chance that RB Leipzig can be stopped for another year to roll over 3. Liga.

20. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it certainly looks like the two strongest teams in that field are going heard to head.

21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    First leg results:
    RB Leipzig 2-0 Sportfreunde Lotte
    Holstein Kiel 2-0 Hessen Kassel
    SV Elversberg 3-2 TSV 1860 Munich II

Elversberg vs. 1860 II was closer than my expectations. Not because of the young lions quality, but the reason that the RL South is qualitywise much weaker than the South-West division based on the past seasons results.

22. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Kiel and RB Leipzig reached promotion today. Kiel won 2-1 at RL South champion Kassel, in aggregate 4-1. Meanwhile RB Leipzig had a much harder time. Lotte turned the 0-2 of the first match with goals by Willers (28.) and Schmidt (90.), but in the extra time Willers made an own goal (95.) and Kutschke secure the 4-2 a.e.t. win for Leipzig with a penalty (110.). Congrats to both.

1860 Munich II vs. Elversberg had to be cancelled due to heavy rain. It will be played on Tuesday.

23. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So with Duisburg apparently losing their license for BL 2 it seems Sandhausen stays up. I don't understand this. Why wouldn't Osnabruck come up since they lost relegation play-off? Seems more fair.

24. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It's always the first relegated team that stays in (if Osnabrück had won the play-off, Dresden would have stayed up instead of Sandhausen). There's never an additional team promoted, if 3 teams were denied a license the league would start with 17 teams next season rather than promote someone to fill the remaining spot.

It seems Offenbach didn't get a license in the end - because of a formal error, though.

25. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    So whats gonna happen for Duisburg, Offenbach?

I never thought I would say this hopes that 1860 reserves wins on tuesday, last time they were on 3rd. level there average was 360 (OK the village only has 1500 people but....)