3 HS Players Charged with Sexually Assaulting Teammates

Discussion in 'High School' started by BostonRed, Aug 30, 2013.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. FearTheTurtle

FearTheTurtle Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Maryland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    horrible. I know they should be treated as innocent until proven guilty... but you have to wonder what they were thinking. In my school district, our school principal, AD, and coaches all preach zero tolerance for hazing incidents. Not sure if that's what these teens considered their actions to be but if so, or not, I hope they get what they deserve from the court system.

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like it was hazing of some sort. According to the latest articles, they sodomized one freshman boy with a broom handle and tried, but were unsuccessful with the other two. The 3 accused are all juniors.

It was a heavily chaperoned trip for the football and soccer teams (even the mayor, who is a volunteer football coach was there). Not sure there is a lot that they could have done to stop the specific incident, but more to come...

4. Its_ChaseR

Its_ChaseR New Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I understand a little hazing but this is outrageous.

5. Yeah, some hazing (freshman jobs like carrying gear or getting water, wearing something goofy) is fine but sexual crosses the line. It is our job as parents to make sure our kids (hazers or hazed) know that is NOT OKAY or ACCEPTABLE in any way or situation.

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Follow-up story from the Boston Globe:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ar-his-name/s5vxz8UoFHHe3pgLoiinhK/story.html

Mondol denied the accusations, and last April the Berkshire district attorney’s office quietly dropped the charges, saying it was in the best interest of justice. Now Mondol and his parents have filed a federal lawsuit against the city, saying that Somerville’s mayor, in his capacity as an assistant football coach who was present at the camp, and two other officials knew about past hazing incidents.

7. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What does that have to do with soccer?

8. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I don't understand that at all. I think no one did a back ground check on the coaches. Maybe they also do a back ground check on that mayor. They have to be a bunch of scumbags.

9. jhart35

jhart35 New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    That's crazy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk