PBP: 2nd Fixture: August 16th, 2015 - Manchester City FCvs. Chelsea FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Wrath, Aug 14, 2015.

1. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't follow the bundisliga but have seen him play a few times and I am excited, good, fast, and can allow us to play Azpi at RB.

From the Club Website;

The 21-year-old Ghanaian international was a member of his country’s Africa Cup of Nations squad which finished runners-up to Ivory Coast in
    February.

Rahman said: 'I am very happy to sign for Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world, and I can't wait to train with my new team-mates and very much looking forward to working with them and Mr Mourinho.

'I am also looking forward to having the opportunity to meet the fans as soon as possible.'

Rahman, a pacy and attacking full-back who can also operate as a midfielder or winger, made more successful tackles than any other player in the Bundesliga last season. He also attempted the most crosses from the left flank.

He arrives after one season with Augsburg, in which he helped them qualify for the Europa League, making 31 league appearances.

Rahman previously spent two seasons with Greuther Furth in Germany, having been spotted as a youngster with Asante Kotoko in his homeland.

Cannot wait!

2. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Really? That's really interesting to me actually...when was that?

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They were good for the early part of last season but not so good later on. This season both look a tad out of sorts.

4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep. In the 80s and even some way into the 90's if I recall. When they did final score on grandstand it was a watershed moment when the first table of the season popped up. Personally I look at it from 10 games on but only seriously from boxing day.

chief232 repped this.
  5. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Their first half of the season they were on fire and pretty much helped win us the league.

Blueallthru and Wrath repped this.
  6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Let's look at the unfortunate reality, Manchester city (among others) have a better team than we do, I can't really see us challenging for the title and I think it's time to 'bite the bullet' and finally blood some of the youngsters, maybe next season it will pay dividends? The only thing that's imperative this year is to finish in the top four (and I genuinely believe this is going to be a tough enough call).

7. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Are you kidding me? After the 2nd match you are saying our season is over and our goal should be to hope to stay in the top four? We will fight with City till the end for the title and if we make the few right moves before the windows closes I still think we can edge them out.

Right now City's players ( 2 games ) are firing on all cylinders, Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany etc but this is a very long season and we will have spells where our players will look world class again and their players will be out of form. Silva always has spells where he loses form, Aguero has injury problems each year, Yaya get's tired and uninterested and Kompany was terrible last season.

If after 30 games we are 10 points behind the leaders then we can worry but right now LMAO..

8. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're writing off our title challenge after just two games then it's incredibly hard to take you seriously.

ArmanSLR repped this.
  9. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get this guy as far away from the pitch as humanly possible next week.

[​IMG]

cokeyounut and schafer repped this.
  10. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was three years ago and we really can't be relying on one or even a few moments of brilliance to justify keeping him around when the fact is he is more consistently poor than good for us.

[​IMG]

Sloth repped this.
  12. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know just remembering what he did contribute for us. Man he was a pretty good finisher back then. We really should not have Mikel / Ramires be our go to backup's for CM

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This along with the Ramires offsides goal hurt. But in reality, they could have had 2 or 3 more. We were outplayed, plain and simple.

Defense was a strength last season, this season we've been shredded in both matches by pace. We need to finalize the deals for Stones and Rahman ASAP and get another winger. Willian is useless. He has been and will continue to be a black hole for us offensively. He refuses to take on defenders when out wide. The ball is played to him and he hits it back to either Bane or Dave. There were a few instances with him on the left where he got it, after a good run, in space only for him to play it right back to his first outlet which was either Dave or Matic. He tries to get defenders with stationary step overs or tries to get them for pace on the right with no room to manouver.

If Witsel is well and truly available, I'd have made the call at halftime.

Wrath repped this.
  14. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rahman is official as of now:thumbsup:

Kennedy I think looks promising. I would much prefer if we spend any money that would go towards a winger towards a CM.

15. Benando_NFFC

Benando_NFFC Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    That's what was worrying today. How much weaker the defence looked in comparison to last season. Terry being subbed at HT could be a sign that last year was the last quality year you will get from him. I know there was talk of an injury but touchline reporter during the match seemed to say there was no sign of any pull or limp.

There also seems to have all of a sudden become a lack of options available when chasing games. Cuadrado has looked so poor in his shirt time in English football, its nothing more than rolling a dice when he comes on hoping today might be the day. Same for Falcao - although to his credit he almost bagged a goal at the end.

There is certainly a need for fresh blood - but it must be right.

Ninjatend0 and Blueallthru repped this.
  16. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    It's so bizarre to me that he's still at the club. It's not just that our attacks break down unnecessarily (you could have also posted the one where Hazard laid it back to him at the edge of the box, only for Ram to get the ball stuck under his feet), it's that it also exposes our backline. Look at the space Kolarov has in front of him after Ram loses it, and the ground Fabregas has to cover in response.

Jose of all managers appreciates how important transitions can be in football. It's strange that he has persisted with a player who so often puts the backline under unnecessary stress.

17. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You have to say, though, that was a superb piece of defensive play, the way he managed to backheel it away from the goal like that :)

Just a shame he was meant to be kicking it INTO the goal :(

18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I remember that was the day my favorite coffee mug died.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  19. Sloth

Sloth Member

May 4, 2011
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Even a key signing couldn't change things drastically, we haven't prepared well, we will challenge for the title, we can even still win it, but this bad start will cost us. I just hope not severely.

Blueallthru repped this.
  20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    they really look like they're still hungover from the champagne in may. cesc, diego, ivan, they all look like they've got a case of the ********its. fat and happy is no way to start a season. you don't see the hunger or urgency to get goals.

Blueallthru repped this.
  21. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    That wasn't pretty.

22. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is a great post.

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, that's been the problem. You look at the guy on the ball and think something might happen but, y'know... probably not.

The thing is, if that's what we think as supporters, that's what the other side think as well.

When Hazard gets the ball you expect him try and take people on... and he normally does at least make an effort. But when Willians, Ramires or Cuadrado get it, you think... NAH!

I realise Cuadrado's a winger but, just checking his record and, at age 27, other than at Fiorentina he's played 96 games and scored a grand total of 5 goals. Even at Fiorentina it took him 3 years to play 85 games and he scored just 20 goals which is hardly outstanding. So that's about 180 games and a total of 25 goals. The thing is we paid £23.3m which might rise to £26.8m for that.

With WiIllian we he's played about 230 games and, likewise, at age 27, he's scored 29 goals. He cost us £32m.

Ramires is 28 and has played 249 games, scoring 32 goals. He was a veritable snip at only £22m.

So that's 3 players that cost us OVER £80m, that have played about 670 senior career games and scored a TOTAL of 86 goals between them.

My point isn't that these players are no good at all. My point is that you can have players like that available if they're mixed in with other fellas who are are a genuine threat for the opposition... but to have the number of guys we've got, all of whom work very hard and run around a lot, (but often to very little effect), is simply too many... particularly bearing in mind we already had Mikel who has played 224 games for us and scored a grand total of ONE goal.

If Hazard's going past people... if Costa's on song and scoring out of nothing... if Fab is threading balls through the eye of a needle, we can do well, as we did at the beginning of last season. But if those things AREN'T happening, (and they haven't for a while now), the chances of us doing well against even quite modest opposition, are slim.

xamers, 352klr, Ninjatend0 and 1 other person repped this.
  24. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lol, I think it's safe to say we can officially announce that his fee will be £23.3m.

25. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    I almost think Kalou was trying to shoot and missed so badly his heel hits it to Ramires. He tries to follow with his right foot but the ball is already gone. For me, that makes it even better than Ramires' whiff.

The amount of money soent on Willian, Cuadrado, Moses, and Schurrle to effectively replace Kalou is depressing.

cokeyounut and Naughtius Maximus repped this.