26/12 Yedlin: NUFC v Liverpool (r)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by freisland, Dec 26, 2018.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yedlin starts in a 5?

Down 1-0 on a cross from DY's side that is headed from left post into traffic and slammed home from the 18 or so. Pool looking pretty welling control so far.

My bad - actually was DY on the back post header... Oops.

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Actually, wasn't . What I get for trying to make coffee and watch at the same time.

Yedlin needs to stick with the colorful hair and make my life easier.

wixson7 repped this.
  3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    NUFC with basically one 1/2 chance.

Pool threatening almost every attack. Yedlin getting forward a little, but not doing much when he does.

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Just to clarify, the goal was off a short corner, crossed deep Lescelles with the header out of the 18 that lovrens hammered in

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Game has stalled into boring.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Pool with a FK about 25 or so, pretty central.

NUFC is not a very impressive team, tbh.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Wow. cranked the FK with hard bend, but nice reflex to punch over. Most exciting play in last 10 mins.

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Cleaning goose fat might be more entertaining than this. I might waterproof my barn jacket... Half almost over.

HartwickFan, Winoman and Three and Three repped this.
  9. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And Pool start 1/2 with the softest, stupidest PK ever. 2-0.

Really awful, needed tug by Dummet, but Salah went down so easy he should have been booked too... terrible all the way around.

Winoman repped this.
  10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Thanks for the PBP - seems like it's been lonely in here.

News flash - Liverpool are better than Newcastle.

American-ish Trent Alexander-Arnold is back healthy and starting for Liverpool.

jnielsen and freisland repped this.
  11. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    54th: Yedlin nice steal and accurate cross to Joselu, who wins the header but flicks it wide of the far post. Not sure that would have made this a game, but...

HartwickFan, wixson7 and Winoman repped this.
  12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yedlin with a good sliding tackle on the right. about 61 in. NUFC way out of their depth (unsurprisingly.)

HartwickFan repped this.
  13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    70th: Yedlin first to react to an Alexander-Arnold cross and athletically makes a sliding clearance. Newcastle is defending full-out like an underdog up 2-0. Of course, they are behind 2-0.

71st: Yedlin another nice headed clearance that would have otherwise have been a golded opportunity for Mane.

HartwickFan repped this.
  14. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    80th: After several minutes of straight attacking, loose ball played wide to Alexander-Arnold, good cross to Shaqiri who blasts into the open net. Opposite side of the field from Yedlin, maybe could have been called offside, Newcastle is overmatched.

Upcoming schedule is brutal: Watford, Man U, Chelsea, Cardiff, Man City, Spurs. They'll do well to still be out of the relegation zone after that.

15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    4-0. Too depressing. Fabinho's first goal for Liverpool, so let's be happy for him, I guess?

16. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    92nd: Yedlin still hustling, gets up the line, well placed ball between Alisson and the striker, almost leads to a consolation goal. C'mon, Liverpool, be nicer.

HartwickFan repped this.
  17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    TV coverage switches to Man City trailing Leicester, and I wonder why that couldn't have happened an hour ago. Full time.

Winoman repped this.
  18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    spoiler alert. Pool won 4-0

HartwickFan repped this.