Pre-match: 20a - Napoli vs Fiorentina

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by PrimeDona, Jan 18, 2020.

1. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We need about 6 new signings and Gasperini in the summer.

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I still think it is an idiotic statement from Gattuso, but I'm not blaming him entirely yet... Ancelotti is the reason we're in this mess.
    Say what you want, but adl literally just spend 40 mill to patch this team up after ancelotti dismantled the balance

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We cannot disregard what an idiot ADL is.

He is spending now because he is panicking. He can lose all the money he has saved and no one will buy Napoli for what he thought.

This is what happens when you don’t spend at the right time.

Sacki repped this.
  4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yes, he should've spent when Sarri was here, but he deemed that Sarri wasn't worth investing in. After that, he has given a guy like Ancelotti enough resources to compete with Juve, given we already had a very strong team. Is it ADL's fault Ancelotti went with Milik?! Is it ADL's fault Ancelotti couldn't use Jorginho? He gave him Ruiz, Manolas, Meret, and Lozano... and only Jorginho was sold.
    I'm not defending ADL, he is a ********, but he isn't the reason we're in this mess.

5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Exactly, the mess is there and the guilt does not lie in only one bed. Nobody knows what would have happened if Sarri had stayed. He was apparently incapable of playing the team on more than one front, but the team was good. DL got it into his head that with one of the most famous coaches in the world we will become a team that can play anyone, and in all of the 3 competitions. I can't blame him for trying, can you? He has shown that he loves the team over and over, though he has also shown that his character has flaws many times. But whose doesn't?

One positive: He probably has some common sense, as suddenly there are no interviews with him in the papers, as if he has vanished into thin air. :D

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree

7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I kind of agree as well, but without certainty, as it is also true that in Higuain Sarri had a real player and a real leader, and yet we always came short of playing well in the CHL. I can understand DL's efforts with Carlo, as it is not as easy as to say now that we should have could have done this or that. However, he made the decisions, and now he should be held accountable. But I am not sure if selling the club is the proper punishment for this error, as he definitely had the club's well-being in his heart's objectives, no matter how far we done fell.

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    352 formation till the end of the season.

9. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Not sure how true this is :

https://app.football-italia.net/#article/footballitalia-148934&menu=news-all

But he should be worried and rightly fuming. A few more losses and we are in relegation zone.

If there's a potential buyer, ADL should sell. He cannot carry the club any further and can only make a mess of things. In case everyone forgets, everything went rapidly downhill all the way when he decided to declare open warfare on the players simply because he doesn't want to be seen to be loosing face. Then he sacked Ancelotti to cover his mistake and appointed Gattuso, a rookie coach by most account and now we are worst off. Gattuoso is not entirely to blame for the current situation but he certainly didn't make things better. 4 losses in 5 games is among the worse start we experienced and things looks like it can get worse as the next two games is against an in-form Lazio and Serie A leader Juventus. He looks increasingly clueless and is simply the wrong man for the job. He is playing many players out of position and wonder why we have such a leaky defence.

The two idiots here blame Ancelotti for everything and wanted him to be sacked and rejoiced on his dismissal. Now we are worst off and even with him gone, somehow they still find a way to blame him. Everyone forgets last season we were still #2 in Serie A table with basically the same players.

The Club will need to rebuild from the grounds up and that means many years of mediocrity because such things take time. But with ADL, I don't know... I can't see any good coaches or players wanting to join Napoli with him at the helm. The future looks bleak indeed.

nguoiaoden repped this.
  10. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    To blame Anceloti and Milik for everything is being short sighted at best. The entire team is down and there is NO leadership. It truly doesn't matter who they add and how many more mangers they hire, this mess is unfixable for the moment. It starts with ADL as he has totally lost this team.

RichardBarker and nguoiaoden repped this.
  11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I am not here to defend Dl, but to be honest, the players have shown such colors that I do not want to end anyone aways unless they all gtfo. Sadly, I hardly care about anyone involved with Napoli anymore. That's how repugnant we have become as a whole. Gattuso is probably the only sane mofo out there right now, and all eyes on him, for that very reason. :D

12. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I can empathize, The whole affair around Napoli is turning into one big stinking sh**t show. :ROFLMAO:. They are all together unlovable. The players, the coach, the ex-coaches, f**king ADL, and even the fans! LOL.

Things have to play out eventually and chances are things will get a lot worst but everything is going to be OK when the dust finally settled. :thumbsup:

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I assume thats aimed at me.
    ADL is a constant, not a variable. He has and will never change. We used to be in better hands under Sarri, and that's not a coincident.
    Ancelotti's attitude was never a good match with these aggressive neapolitans our team consisted off.
    And I'm not accepting milik isn't a major problem for us. Imagine if you played on that pitch behind him? How would u avoid passing his way and score or set up a goal? We cannot have a st that is no presence on the pitch. You need to get in your head the pros and cons of what he adds.
    Pros: has a good goal ratio this season (often against weak teams)
    Cons: we dont win games when he plays, teammates score less as well, our build up play is a mess

14. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I see a team mailing it in. I don't see any leadership or heart when they play. Milik is an issue, but you're missing the bigger picture. Nothing will fix this team right now.

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    true. probably just misunderstood what you meant.

I hope we will become better but even the defence is a major shit show now.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We all agree we are not where we are because of Milik.

We all agree Milik is not good enough for a team aspiring to be in CL.