2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Congrats to the Ecuadorians. Ayrton Preciado and the 2 Valencia's in particular looked very good. It's not easy to leave Advincula on the ground.

Luigi408 repped this.
  2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good game by Ecuador. The tactic was sound, but what was impressive was the depth of the team. The subs came in and played well and the quality didn’t drop. Only one that made a big difference was Montero being subbed out early. I think he is officially done, he hasn’t looked the same after all the injuries. Precisado came and shut down his side and assisted.

Only criticism is that I want to see them in attacking mode. We pretty much played a defensive game and waited for Peru to mess up. I want to see them push up and control the game and not be so defensive.

barcelonista1981 and cabezamagica repped this.
  3. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Solid game, I do believe Peru went in a bit over confident, we were dominated for a good amount of time, however, there are some positives, Jhegson Mendez, Beder Caicedo were on point Today, Enner is somehow winning me over, Ayrton had his best game with us so far.

I just wish Ecuador was the kind of team that can use players like Cazares, Gaibor, Sornoza and Cevallos, I just dont see a place for a 10 in our style.

4. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Unexpected win ,but I’ll take it,could only see some of the first half,signal kept being taken down,saw first goal and that’s it.Hopefully Monteros time is up,nothing like he used to be.Lol liked Bolillos mindfu*k totally put the pressure on Peru .

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree boys, Montero's reign over the left wing has come to an end, that position is vacant right now, Ayrton did a good job Today, man..if only Erik Castillo would evolve a bit, Im a sucker for his speed and ability to score.

6. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Great win over Peru. Won a couple of dollars

Agreed with the last bit, we need to begin taking the pressure off our players again and be humble. I hate the over done outplayed "we are the underdog" even in your own home role, but its paid dividends for us.

I remember fellow Ecuas already jokingly buying tickets to rusia after our historic start to the 2018 qualifiers, only to get our hearts broken the rest of the way.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Montero has been done for 2 years. I knew it was over for him when he went to Emelec and got injured again.

8. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #83 \^the king^/, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    To add on to this. The real concerning issue with this team is the lack of solidified leader.

Growing up - those teams had clear leaders, in the begining (for me!) it was Aguinaga, De la cruz, moving ahead to 2006 we had the likes of Mendez and Delgado, fast forward to present(ish) time and we've been blessed with world class talent Antonio Valencia, Chucho Benitez, Caicedo (debatable but impressive resume), even Ayovi- but the remaining two men in this equation are fading and into the twilight of their careers

Now... well we haven't forged a true star/face of the country, that can lead a team, and that is biting us in the ass. I havent followed our players (individually at the club level) in quite a few years, but how are guys like Cifuentes, Gruezo, and Mina doing?

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The Line up vs Panama seems like we might not have wingers starting so maybe we might see it later on I wasn't expecting Bolillo to use these formations but I guessed he noticed we dont have many wingers.

The 3 midfielders he used vs Peru was interesting. I remember one of the issues we had when we played just Noboa and Castillo is that Noboa was the only Brain in mid and other teams would easily catch on to that and cover and cut out his passes making it hard for him to function in mid. With Mendez, Gruezo, Orejuela we would have that solid tank in mid and 2 mix CM.

Later on we I would love to see Gaibor, Gruezo, Cevallos. These guys are great weather on attack or defending.

10. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I mean the majority of this team is still new to the NT so later on I can see guys like Ramirez, Gruezo and Orejuela being the leaders in this team.

If you ask any one who follows MLS and FC Dallas they'll tell you Gruezo has been a straight up tank in midfield he also has a high number of pass completions each game I remember MLS commentators praising him for a 96% pass completion in one of his games . So very good defending, intercepting and consistent over all. Remember when we said he will be Castillo replacement I think we will start seeing it now.

Cifuentes is our top goal scorer and will most likely hit 40 goals this season. Perfect Lone Striker to sub in for Enner if you ask me. Cant wait to see him make the jump to a good team in El Exterior.

Mina has been really good this season in Turkey. Lets forget about the fact that his team is not a top Turkish team and look at it this way. He has been in the 11 of the week several times and this league it self is a supper physical league. When we need CB he will be a great option.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    MLS is trash.

You guys forgot how bad was Grueso? What makes you guys think he’ll be any better?

Btw, any of you guys know who’s the player who might be getting banned for life for doping? My guess is probably Arroyo.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #87 javer, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Have you honestly seen any of his recent games ? He is a HUGE defensive presence in midfield. Constant pressure, interceptions, tackles dude hustles.

Our NT needs this kind of defensive presence in midfield. Which other player can bring that to the NT? We have a tone of mix CM and 10. Guys like Gaibor, Cevallos, Vega, Intriago are good at recovering and defending but they do not bring the same defensive precense Gruezo brings to field. I can honestly say at this point he will be key to this midfield in qualifiers.

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a golazo by Cifuentes! The rest are playing like crap today. Panama should have had a penalty called for them. Panama is playing well.

14. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I wish we could incorporate a #10 as well but that would require the #10 to track back as much as the midfield.

I don't think not having a star is necessarily a bad thing. It means we can build the team as a unit and not have to rely on one player bailing us out all the time.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wasn't a huge fan of the style of playing we had in the last two games. Regardless, we won and that's a positive aspect. The funny thing is we won while experimenting, so Bolillo get his props for that. Ecuador played several different formation systems. 4-3-3 vs. Peru when defending and a 4-1-4-1 when attacking. Then vs. Panama we started with a 4-3-1-2 with Miller Bolanos as the #10. Second half we went back to 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 at some point if Im not mistaken (we were all over the place in the second half).

Players that stood out to me:
    Carlos Gruezo and Sebastian Mendez- Both did an excellent job in the midfield vs. Peru. I think Gruezo is at that point in his career where he's ready to start. I think he's undeniably a starter. Mendez and Orejuela are the next two best options in the midfield at the moment. Mendez played these games a lot better than the first few in the Bolillo era. He's all over the midfield and always looking to connect with our attacking half. Solid defensively as well. I think he's been our greatest discovery so far. He has that Mendez gene in him (he's Edison's nephew).

Enner Valenca- He shut me up. I've doubted him for a while and didn't consider him to be a part of this new era. If anything he's been our best player. We need him to be dangerous up front.

Arturo Mina- Improved a lot compared to his last impression he left in qualifiers when we was playing in River. I think he deserves his chance back on the NT, although we still have a few other options (Arboleda, Ordonez, Guerra, and Dario Aimar).

Gabriel Achilier- I'll be honest, he's still solid. If we were playing qualifiers today, I can't argue that he still has it in him to play a few more games. But due to the fact that we have a lot of young good center backs, it almost seems counter productive starting him and having him be a part of the roster. I still want to see Anderson Ordonez once he recovers. I know he would be the best center back of this NT.

Ayrton Preciado- He shut me up vs. Peru. Best game I've seen this kid have. If he played like that consistently then he'd be in my top preferences for the NT. I really like that he can rush down the field to recover the ball. I noticed that a lot in these last two games. I need to see more of him.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #91 javer, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    After seeing all these CB who do you think our starting duo should be for CB. I know we we are still missing Aimar and Ordonez but still who would it be for you?

The whole Achilier thing I guess would be mainly dependent on the game for me. Like if our first qualifier match is vs Uruguay or Brazil away I think I would want Arboleda, Achilier Starting the guys who have the highest club level performance as well as NT experience.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In his best moment and before the injury, Anderson Ordóñez is the best center back we have IMO when we take all of our center backs into account. I want to see Arboleda in action again, but with the complete squad to see if he performs up to par as one would expect. Ideally I would think Ordóñez and Arboleda are the two starters. Other than these guys, I think Arturo Mina has gained some confidence back and Achilier has been consistent enough to say he can have some type of possibility to be a part of the NT. I think other than that, Xavier Arreaga, Dario Aimar, Franklin Guerra, and Luis Caicedo can at any time fight for a spot to break into this squad. Not sure if Narváez falls into the picture. It’s very competitive in our defensive line this time around. Let’s not forget Felix Torres can at any moment be in the battle as well.

18. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Not to side track the conversation. But since posting this anywhere else will get overlooked:

Where do you guys shop online for Jerseys de la Liga nacionals teams?

Im looking to purchase two as Xmas presents.
    Particularly a Barcelona S.C. (Does Marathon sports have an official website?)
    & Also a Liga De Quito jersey.

Let me know if there's a physical location in NYC you guys hit, or a website.

Feel free to DM. :)

Thanks

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wanna know this too. Actually I remember last year when they played that
    i found this website but I have no clue if it’s legit or not.

https://www.593sports.us/

Btw, I don’t think Marathon Sports has a website anymore.

20. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Thanks Primitive ! good to see ya'll again btw!

Yea, all these shops on Roosevelt under the 7 train are dodgy, I think I found one decent shop - but not sure. I checked all the logos and patches (of the LDU kit 2018) that are in the correct areas and of good quality (price is 100 which is about right for the shirt). I can DM you the name if you; not sure if they blank out business names here (La Casa del futbol latinoamericano under the 7 train near the 103rd stop).
    upload_2018-12-11_11-1-37.png

Be careful though, because I definitely saw some fugazi stuff in there as well.

The only website I see is http://www.tiendafutbolecuador.com/

A huge question mark on both of these. Anyway thanks for the input.

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I see they take PayPal. I might give them a try since I’ve been wanting that black barcelona jersey since forever.

22. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Let me know how that pans out. I know paypal has a great "get your money back system".

Anyone have a good link for tonights game?

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, PayPal is really good at getting your money back.

Get fubotv mang. Only bad thing about it is that games are about 1 minute behind.

24. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea I just signed up for the free trial lol

Goodlooks. Beats this janky link I had

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Please do post which site you guys used and if its any good. I used to always bug fam in Ecua to send shirts LOL. Every seller I saw here in NY would always sell at double the price.