2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Completely agree cant help to think that one there calling up these players to help negotiate them and second Bolillo isnt calling up all these players him self.

But I also cant be too upset cause we aren't facing competative teams.

2. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh boy ,here we go again ,calling up players that are not playing in their teams and newbies you never heard of!wtf.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  3. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not a bad start, say what you will about Jamaica but I dont mind starting the process with this caliber of teams.

We look organized, Ramirez and Orejuela were excellent, you add to this team, Antonio Valencia, Cevallos jr, Cifuente, Angulo, Castillo, Arreaga along with some others and we can be competitive.

I am not too hopeful with this generation but Bolillo proved me wrong once, he has the ability to turn mediocre players into warriors.

cabezamagica repped this.
  4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good game but please get Enner out of there? How can he miss those goals against Jamaica!?!? Can Cifuente stop messing up please?! We need you man!

I would add Billy Arce (so?) too. There is a good base of players coming up. It was good to see Ecuador play and win after a very long time.

5. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Only saw parts of it,couldn't get a good stream,but not bad for a rusty team.

6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I do not think we can come up with any gameplay conclusions once these both games are done, absences, rival quality, lack of time or whatever reason you want.
    However, we can expect to see an attitude improvement and the showed a bit of that.

Also, Enner finally puts a penalty in.

7. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good to know Enner is still the same shit

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We are Concacaf level boys

9. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yea,but top concacaf,.

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Which means we are bottom Conmebol lol.

Man the game was hard to watch. Everyone sucked. Who are the two midfielders that started? They were horrible!

11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I actually like Jehgson Mendez in IDV and imo he was much better than Franco.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Agreed This was his debut game he had some good moments. I think with time he will be important to the NT.

Alan Franco I Really thought this dude was gonna get red carded today. Im with B9 when he said it was way to early to call a guy like this up let alone let him start today. He had like 19 games between two seasons. I think he a good club player but didnt deserve to be called up yet.

Ramirez was probably the best player we had on the field today. Overall Guatemala made us sweat for that win. They got discouraged after that first goal.

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Embarrassing!

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone see the game?

15. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok guys ,you’re not allowed a one word post,I have no idea what you’re talking about.That aside ,now that I see in the Universo,the news about QATARkicking our ass 4-3,I see what the post was about.Bollillo and his usual folcloric response,they were a Mercedes while our guys were a Renault?are they on same league as a Kia?

16. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just saw the highlights,looks like our defense is caught sleeping again and the goalkeeper could have done better.From the looks of it ,Enner seemed to be the only one putting “huevos “,his second goal ,he manhandles their goalkeeper brilliantly,and takes it to the goal.Our freaking defense is slow as molasses and they took advantage of that.

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I noticed the same thing. Can’t be calling up Erazo if he isn’t playing. He looks so sloooooooooow. The midfield didn’t look so great either, but they are young players. Still, can’t belive they lost to Qatar. Also, when is the next game? Thanks.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Next game is Tuesday 10 am time in Ecuador.

19. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    What’s going on here? These results are garbage. We are rapidly losing prestige that has been gained over the past 15 years. Who will want to play a friendly against us if we can’t beat this quality of teams?

20. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You can’t be to mad,Bolillo is trying out some new youngsters,isn’t that what people wanted?Now ,what You can see the s that Énner is our lonesome striker ,like him or not,that’s all we got.Its going to be a long process.

21. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    One thing is clear these teams that Bolillo called up are not competitive teams at all. Im not sure what he was trying to get out of these games with alot of these players.

Jamaica didnt come with an A team so our win wasnt nothing special. Guatemala made us sweat. Qatar freaking beat us and we could over power Oman.

We need to make the most competitive team possible and quick. Next games I dont want to see no more newbies that are just getting games in seria a. NO MORE ERAZO!!!! Mendez and Franco are not ready to be the duo for the NT there far from it. Our mid was week and absent when they played.

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    For our next friendlies this is what I want to see

GK:
    Maximo Banguera
    Alexander Dominguez
    Hamilton Piedra

Defense:
    Mario Pineida
    Andres Lopez
    Cristian Ramirez
    Robert Arboleda
    Xavier Arreaga
    Anderson Ordonez
    Franklin Guerra
    Arturo Mina
    Luis Caicedo
    Gabriel Achilier
    Diego Palacios

Midfield:
    Fernando Gaibor
    Jose Cevallos Jr.
    Jefferson Orejuela
    Jefferson Intriago
    Renato Ibarra
    Junior Sornoza
    Juan Cazarez
    Cristian Penilla
    Carlos Gruezo
    Joao Robin Rojas

Forwards:
    Bryan Angulo
    John Cifuente
    Joao Plata

We know what Enner brings to the NT lets try different strikers. Preciado hasnt impressed me in the games and hasnt completely Consolidated himself in his club same as Erik Castillo so I dont think we should call them for now. Plaza is a great young striker but I think he needs more time to get more playing time at club level before calling for the NT. Same as alot of the other youth Guys that he called up.

You guys know Im all about youth but the way Vizuete and Bolillo did it are two different things.

To make a more competitive NT I think we should call guys like Joao Rojas, Arturo Mina, and Gabriel Achiler even tho they may not have a long importance to the NT.

Joao Rojas had a great season with Talleres and now in Sao Paulo his performance at club level would bring good competition to the NT.

Arturo Mina is playing 90 min has been in the 11 of the week a few times and regardless of the fact that it not a top Turkish team that league is a super physical league with Powerful strikers like Adebayor and Wagner love.

Gabriel Achilier is constantly in the 11 of the week playing 90 min and having good performances.

Penilla and Plata included for the same reasons.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Line up A

Dominguez
    Lopez, Mina, Achilier, Ramirez
    Orejuela, Gruezo
    Ibarra, Sornoza, Rojas
    Cifuentes

Line up B
    Banguera
    Lopez, Guerra, Ordonez, Palacios
    Cevallos, Intriago
    Penilla, Cazares, Plata
    Angulo​

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Da ******** is grueso doing in that list?

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We dont have alot of options. Player like Mina, Achilier, Gruezo, Rojas have been in the NT process before and have had some good games with the NT in the past. I would call them up and have them play now to see if they can claim their spot on the NT cause now is the time for players like these to do so.

Gruezo can turn his career around become the player that he showed us he could be before the 2014 WC and become important or a starter in the NT. He has been good at club level for a while now and has had some time go by to grow.

Noboa is going to be injured for a while. Gaibor isnt consistant in his club. Cevallos is great at club level but I still dont see him as a starter for the NT yet same with Intriago.

The only player I see holding that spot down for now is Orejuela. We need to try our options to find his partner in mid same as who will be our two CB we need to try all players worthy of playing that spot cause our starting duo in mid and def are not clear to me.

Bolillo calling up Mendez and Franco and starting them all these games IMO was a waste. These kids arent ready to start for the NT. Mendez was worthy of the call but not start all these games.

Same thing for Def. We needed to find our duo in back and played Erazo a player who shouldnt even be on the NT radar.