News: 2020 Season and Virus Talk

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by nbrooks503, Jun 30, 2019.

1. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I'm a Euro (not really Euro cause they're pulling out) Snob. But not about football - it's more like this:

DynamoManiac repped this.
  2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nbrooks503 repped this.
  3. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Unwavering support? So no protests against management or ownership?

4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hang a banner upside down=displeasure with the club

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess this supporters deal lasts until the first “p*to” is chanted. Or they yell something about Brener

6. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DontCavMyDynamobubble.jpg

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You join the supporters, try something like this AND log on to the BBVA Stadium WiFi - could be looking at a state jail felony and $$$ in damages

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    This sounds to me like the memberships of clubs in South America. My wife's nephew pays a very cheap annual fee to Palmeiras and that gives him rights to buy tickets for certain games... another member of her family pays the annual membership and a monthly dues for having the right to participate in classes (soccer, ballet, etc.) and use the facilities (pool, tennis courts, raquetball) and buy more tickets in a better section.

Maybe the Dynamo FO dreams of selling memberships + monthly dues to go hang out at BBVA and perhaps even watch a match or two.

10. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Europe has it too. I was a club member for Chelsea, I got first crack at tickets before they went on sale to the general public. For a team that doesn't come close to selling out, though, makes no sense but it's only for this new supporters section.

*rey* and Dynam0 repped this.
  11. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017

...which hasn't sold out their designated section in years, for those new to the class. I dont know wtf the FO is thinking. Do they honestly believe they've got 600 new supporters signed up for 2020 STs? Or however many itll take to sell out?

Seriously?

12. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    I truly enjoy EPL, and I support Chelsea but not with the passion I do the Dynamo. But I love waking up Saturday morning and watching top class soccer. Great post!

DynamoManiac repped this.
  13. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    @Ethos
    But I bet Chelsea does not have WiFi 6...

*rey* and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  14. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Which is a-okay. It's the Eurosnobs that look down on local soccer and will only support a famous team somewhere they've never been that get on my nerves.

15. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    If Chelsea were to play the Dynamo, I'm wearing orange and punching anyone in blue, or wanting to anyway. Nothing comes before the Orange, no matter how screwed up they may be at the moment. The MLS Cup in the hands of the Dynamo will make me happy for a year.

CeltTexan, ElNaranja and *rey* repped this.
  16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pictures like this really sell me on the Dynamo going all-in on the Supporters Group membership sales model for 2020 - North End 200s can barely contain them now!!

17. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    No worries... Real Madrid fans coming to the rescue next season!

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  18. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynam0 and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nbrooks503 repped this.
  21. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there's a problem when a group arises and charges a membership fee. They probably don't have any business acumen and don't realize the tax implications if they are not set up correctly. Plus handling other folks money requires a huge amount of due diligence.

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but Dynamo twitter likes it so it must be OK. Never heard of the memberplanet website

Look at some of the comments talking about the divisiveness of the fan base. I guess asking for a decent product is divisive to those who blindly support the club.

http://mobile.twitter.com/TheNewDynamo/status/1172205853170196480

23. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did y'all see this article?

https://www.houstondynamo.com/post/2019/09/06/dynamo-execs-meet-dynamo-fans-change

From this article:

Asked for their reactions after the meeting, several of the Dynamo Fans For Change members expressed pleasant surprise at the level of candor displayed.

“My expectation was total lip service. I thought we’d get a bunch of totally canned responses and we would have a forced agenda on us,” Santowski said. “The reality was totally different. We came in and it was a relaxed atmosphere, we got to ask our questions; we went off on some tangents, got some really good information, really good feedback to take back to our group and let them know it’s not just lip service. We were heard. I feel like we had really good information, and I think the biggest takeaway from tonight is that the type of information we heard needs to be shared en masse with the larger group of Dynamo supporters.”

“I have a lot more respect for Matt Jordan, honestly, from a standpoint of his future vision,” said Josh Duplantis, Finger’s co-host on The Peel. “It was very detailed and concrete on what he went over for the future plans. I understand it’s going to take some time to change, but I’m excited for it.”

“Our voices are being heard,” he added. “It’s not just everybody blabbing away on Twitter and ‘They’re not talking to anybody.’ It’s ‘OK, they see it, too.’”

Finger summed things up by pointing out that he was pleased to see that the fans aren’t the only ones who see what other clubs are accomplishing and want the Dynamo to reach the same heights.

“They also understand that MLS is completely different than what it was even two, three, four years ago. You’ve got these teams like LA, Atlanta, Portland, Seattle, Minnesota and you can see – hopefully you don’t see it, but you can start to see that divide with the following that they have, the grassroots efforts that they have, how much they actually connect with the community about getting people to the matches,” he said. “It’s a hard hill to climb when you’re behind the eight-ball, but it seems like they definitely genuinely want to make a change in the right direction.”

24. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States