2020 Pre-season

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by rkupp, Jan 14, 2020.

1. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Okay, jumping the gun a bit - but it does start on Saturday. I'm excited enough that I'm actually looking forward to being out in the cold and wet for the home opener, despite my previous whining.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution will begin 2020 preseason training on Saturday, Jan. 18, as the team convenes at the Revolution Training Center for the first time in preparation for the 2020 Major League Soccer campaign. After an initial three weeks of training in Foxborough, the Revolution will travel to Los Angeles, Calif. from Feb. 6 – Feb. 14, followed by an additional trip to Portland, Ore. from Feb. 14 – 23.

When Revolution players report on Jan. 18, it will mark the team's first time utilizing the Revolution Training Center – the club's new, state-of-the-art $35 million facility. After nearly three weeks in Foxborough, the Revs will travel to Los Angeles, Calif. on Thursday, Feb. 6 for the first leg of preseason competition. The club is scheduled to participate in two exhibition matches during this trip: Feb. 10 vs. LA Galaxy (2:30 p.m. ET) and Feb. 12 vs. Colorado Rapids (2:30 p.m. ET).

On Feb. 14, the Revolution will head to Portland, Ore., where the team will compete in the Portland Timbers' seventh-annual preseason tournament at Providence Park. New England will play three MLS teams in Portland, including Minnesota United FC on Feb. 16 (5:30 p.m. ET), Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Feb. 19 (8:00 p.m. ET), and the Portland Timbers on Feb. 22 (8:00 p.m. ET). Tickets for this tournament are on sale at Timbers.com/tickets.

The Revolution will return to Foxborough on Feb. 23 ahead of the club's 2020 regular-season opener in Montreal on Feb. 28 at 3:00 p.m. ET. New England then opens its 2020 home slate against Chicago Fire FC at Gillette Stadium on March 7 at 1:30 p.m. ET.

New England Revolution 2020 Preseason Schedule

Monday, Feb. 10, LA Galaxy, Los Angeles, Calif., 2:30 p.m. ET
    Wednesday, Feb. 12, Colorado Rapids, Los Angeles, Calif., 2:30 p.m. ET
    Sunday, Feb. 16, Minnesota United FC, Portland, Ore., 5:30 p.m. ET
    Wednesday, Feb. 19, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Portland, Ore., 8:00 p.m. ET
    Saturday, Feb. 22, Portland Timbers, Portland, Ore., 8:00 p.m. ET

MrSangster, NFLPatriot and A Casual Fan repped this.
  2. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unlike previous campaigns, I am eagerly awaiting the start of this season. Bruce Arena et.al. have rekindled my interest in this team. Let's Go!

Crooked and TOAzer repped this.
  3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    It feels like so much has changed in the off-season, for so many teams, the coming season is going to be very hard to predict.

Crooked and TOAzer repped this.
  4. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the first year in about a decade where we can start the season with one confident prediction: This season the Revs will be genuinely interesting.

Crooked and Doublecard repped this.
  5. tsb11

tsb11 Member

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Anyone know if they are selling tickets for the Portland tourney? I know you can buy seats to the games the timbers play in, but I havent found anything on the other 2 games the Revs will feature in

6. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would either call or email their ticket office

7. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last time we started a pre-season with this much hope was 2015, Jermaine Jones' first full season.

Of course, that hope was tempered by the losses of Shalrie Joseph and AJ Soares, who were replaced by Zach Herivaux and London Woodberry.

8. teskicks

teskicks Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that was the season we lost Joseph

9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was traded to Chivas in 2012, came back to the Revs for the 2014 season, but never played.