2020 NWSL Draft

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by liesse00, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Sky Blue should trade their #2 and #3 picks for #1, if they can get Macario.
    With Lloyd and Rodriquez in the midfield, I'm really liking that team.

2. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Hmmm Marta and Catarina...

3. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they’re rumors she might declare?

4. WoSoFan

WoSoFan Member

Dec 23, 2017
    #29 WoSoFan, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    No I think her mom who is a Doctor would probably like to see her get her degree!
    Besides she may want to stay around just to obliterate Christen Press total career goals and points. She is already close on total points, but is 14 away from breaking her goals record.

Besides I think the only team that can afford her would be Portland, because in order to keep her from running off to Europe for the big bucks, the league would probably need to come up with a special sizeable allocation of money to be competitive just to get her. I can't see Sky Blue doing that, or anyone else either, and I don't see the league allowing her to get away. It sounds crazy for one player, but I think she is going to be a really big draw for the league, not only for the team that gets her, but even for all the away games. She will be well worth the investment. Also, if she waits till the 2021 draft there would probably be one more team that could afford a big allocation, and that would be Atlanta United.

5. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No matter how good, I don't think any rookie will command a sizeable allocation. It just doesn't fit league dynamics. Even in other pro leagues here in the States, you don't pay a rookie 5+ times the league average, even top picks. Maybe she's good enough for a UEFA clubs to throw $200k at her, but for someone with no pro experience yet, I can't see her demanding more than that even on the international market, and probably no more than $120k in NWSL, which wouldn't be a big allocation push for any team.

6. WoSoFan

WoSoFan Member

Dec 23, 2017
    #31 WoSoFan, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Well you need to take the time to watch her play. There are plenty of highlight videos on some of her top goals and assists as well. She is like no rookie I have ever seen before. I have never seen a player that can dominate a game like she can do. She is the elite of the elite players and Chris Henderson reported she is about to do something that has never been done ever by any Division I player and that is to finish the season the leader in both goals and assists. She won the Hermann Trophy as a Sophomore, and since her numbers are way beyond her numbers last season as well as any other player in the country, she is the odds on favorite to win it as a Junior. It would make her one of only 5 players too win it back to back. And should she continue to play another year,. will most likely win it again and be the only player to win it 3 times.

The last two years she played for the U-23's in Portland's pre season tournament against the likes of Portland, Houston, and Chicago. She clearly made a statement with her 5 goals in 6 games, and had the ,winning goal in 2 games the U-23's won..

7. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    No, I'm just speculating.

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I mean, I agree she'd probably be the best rookie ever. I have watched game clips of her. And while highlights and stats are great - she'd still be a rookie with no pro experience. So I still think there's a ceiling to how much she can make here or abroad. Until she gets a pro season under her belt where she continues her NCAA performances, there's still that element of uncertainty and unprovenness. There are very, very few players worldwide making $300k or more per season, and they're literally World-XI-level players. Could she be World XI level? Sure. But she's not there now, even if only because she hasn't had the opportunity to prove it yet.

Mills repped this.
  9. tiaotnszn

tiaotnszn New Member

Chicago Red Stars
    United States
    Nov 13, 2019
    She is worth the extra money which is one reason I could see her coming out early. If she did come out this year, then this coming season she could qualify for one of the requirements for the allocation money for next year. It would also give her another year to get that money before she is a federation player where she might be locked out of that money and could potentially be taking less. Plus, I don't think we have to worry about her leaving because I'm pretty sure she has to stay in the country until she gets the FIFA approval to switch to the US.

Mills repped this.
  10. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Hopefully she is good enough to take on NWSL. Because that means she can play with the USWNT which is her dream.

11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Looks like January 16, 2020 is the official date.

Mills repped this.
  12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Has anyone seen any mock-up draft already ?