2019 WWC Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by zdravstvuyte, Jun 4, 2019.

1. PortiereNuovo

PortiereNuovo Member

Jun 20, 2019
    I guess that went as well as it could have for me--Renard scored, and my US players except Lavelle had good games, plus Jill Scott yesterday. Already better than last round. If NED and GER deliver, I'll be in a good position for the last 4. I almost bought Lucy Bronze, which would have made things better. But I thought NOR was going to make a more competitive match

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had just two French players in my starting line-up, not three as I was remembering. And the damage was limited by the fact that one of them scored and they were the best French players on the pitch, for what concerns gained points (Renard 8 + Henry 8; did anyone have Rapinoe in his/her team? A whopping 17 points).

So, right now, I am at 59 points out of 6 players. A quite decent average of about 10 points per player.

Really, with 4 Italian players in my starters, next match is "make or break" for me! :x3:

Edit: no, sorry, Henry was my captain, so she actually earned me 16 points and I should be at a total of 67.

3. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Transfer window 5 is open.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Already? :eek:

5. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    That’s what it says....

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I forgot I also had Le Sommer in the team! :x3: Luckily she was another 8. But I have to subtract the 5 points I had to pay for an extra-trade.

So I should curently be at 70 with six of my players who were on the pitch already and waiting for the other five (Guagni, Galli, Bonansea, Gwinn and Van de Sanden).

If Italy goes out, transfer window 5 will cost me a lot!!! :x3::x3::x3:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, Italy's out, I am done! :laugh:

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Absolut disaster!!! I guessed wrong 3 quarter finals out of 4, so half of my team went home!!! :x3::x3::x3::x3::x3:

Well, my score for Round 5 will most probably only be saved by my English players, while my campaign for Round 6 will read like bankruptcy! :laugh:

9. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    I payed 15 points to stay current... don’t fret.
    Had to dump all my Germans, French and Norwegians
    We ain’t winning this league anyway so just have fun.

10. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had no idea you guys had a league code going, I was a little sad I wasn't part of a league so I just joined BigSoccer today even though I've been playing since the beginning of the tournament.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What's the name of your team, @McSkillz? :) We can anyway compare our respective scores in the final part of the tournament!

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just had to pay 40 (40!!!) to stay in the game. :laugh: My team was mostly made of French and Italian players (with one German, Gwinn).

13. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Women Warriors

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I assume you have a lot of US players in your team. I have none. :p So we can compare our respective results as a sort of US vs the rest! :D

McSkillz repped this.
  15. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Well... all I can say is.. D’oh

And now Women Warriors arriving on the scene like..

[​IMG]

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Scores from Round 5 are finally out! :) Despite the disaster of my Italian players (and partially of my French players), I managed to stay ahead of @Lechus7's team and I even passed martiunka (which of you has this team, guys?) at 4th place. Also, with 87 points, my team was 3rd out of 11 in this match-day! :D

(By the way, congratulations at @shlj, who, despite being way behind in the general rankings, won this match-day with 95 points: well served by Dutch players, I'd say! :geek:).

Now, the hardest match-day for me is coming: I'll have to overcome the -40 points I had to pay to get rid of my eliminated players! :x3:

17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yeah a miracle for me to win Round 5. Got rid of 3 players for free and now all my subs are eliminated. did not want to pay an extra 20 pts penalty

18. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Final scores are in.
    No surprise that @McSkillz has trounced us all just like the USWNT.

https://sheplays.com.au/league/BigSoccer826

It was a fun game and I personally only found out in round 5 that I had been playing incorrectly.
    Idiot me.

Thanks to all the participants

blissett and McSkillz repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, for a team that, in the first round, I put together just a few minutes before the start of France-South Korea, I did better that I would have expected. My final middle-of-the-rankings 5th place totally satisfies me. :giggle:

Especially if I consider the disaster that my final Rounds 6 and 7 were! :x3: Not only I had to give up 40 points to replace my players, but the performances were also abysmal: the choice of Miedema as my captain was surely ill-advised. :unsure:

Considering that she was a sort of last-minute filler, I am surprised that, in my last round, my best player was Hanna Glas with 9 points! :eek: (Along with Asllani from the bench; by the way: I though that a GK, Bardsley, would have been replaced by my other GK, Van Veneedaal; the first player of my bench was subbed in instead, no matter if at this point I was playing without a GK: is this correct? o_O).

20. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah to be honest, I was surprised I received more points than everyone else because I think I missed two rounds and there was like 3 starters had already been eliminated :oops:. I didn't even change my players for round 7 because initially the program wouldn't allow me to make changes so I decided to wait until the following day but by then, I totally forgot to go back on again so I missed out on that last window. As a result, I had both The Netherlands strikers and USA strikers on my roster :laugh:

Overall, I loved the WWC Fantasy League game and I hope this happens in another 4 years but I was confused on how to play at first. The only other fantasy league game I really played was a long time ago with the NWSL or WPS. I think it might have been WPS because I remember choosing all my Los Angeles Sol players :laugh:

blissett repped this.