2019 WWC Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by zdravstvuyte, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    BigSoccerLeague.JPG
    Points already earned by a player stay with you even if you trade this player for the next round.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I only meant that, according to the website, only two transfers per window are "free": for any additional one you have to pay in fantasy points.

I am afraid this could be the reason why @zdravstvuyte's team, Nutmegs, only has 47 points from this round, that's absurdly low if you think about it (just a little more than 4 average points per player): he most probably traded more players than he was supposed to and consequently lost points. :unsure:

Anyway, once again my placement was in the middle-rankings, both for this matchday (where I am 5th out of 9) and in the general chart (where I am also 5th, just 1 point behind @zdravstvuyte's team). I am sad that Nutmeg lost points this way, but I am afraid there is no coming back from this mistake. :unsure:

I only made two trades, but I hope they're going to count. Also I changed around my starters, including my captain for this matchday. ;)

Lechus7 and zdravstvuyte repped this.
  3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I think points system in this fantasy game relies heavily on stats (number of corners taken, shots taken, blocks made, fouls commited etc..) and it's rather poorly balanced.

Example:

Iwabuchi - goalscorer, FIFA player of the match award, high number of accurate passes competed in opponent final third, low number of high accuracy.shots taken has been priced for 11 points in her game vs. 20th Scotland.

Parris - missed penalty, didn't score, high number of low accuracy shots taken...has been priced for 12 points in her game vs. 37th Argentina.

...show me the football logic ;)

blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, probably there could be much more accurate rankings of players' performances. I guess we have to live with what we have. :p

5. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    As previously posted... Yes, I am an idiot.
    Thanks for going into the lurid detail of my downfall
    :inlove:

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, sorry, didn't want to twist the knife, but I thought that explaining what happened to you could have spared others to make the same mistake.

Anyway, I am sure that you'll be good in the next round, with all of the players you bought. :thumbsup:

For my part, I got rid of two players: Hasegawa, because she's slighlty injured and could be benched again, at least for this match-day, and Kim Little, since she was still worth 900.000 £, despite not having being brilliant at all so far. I don't think she will do much vs a probably bunkering Argentina and Scotland is most likely going out soon anyway, so I thought that, instead of having her rot on my bench, I could have made some money out of her while I was in time.

With the money gained by trading Little, I could afford buying Henry :). She didn't score today, but she had a good game, and especially I can see her doing well for the reminder of the tournament. The other player I bought is Iwabuchi: I hadn't picked her earlier, because I was afraid she wasn't physically ok, but it looks like she is in good form instead. :p And, having traded Hasegawa, I could afford a 5th Japanese player.

The final change I made was making Sam Kerr my captain for this matchday: if Kerr isn't going to score a bunch of goal vs Jamaica, well, I don't when she could really score!

Sorry for annoying you with all of the intricacies of my strategy, but I guess I have a good team in my hands right now. And Renard already scored for me (although, admittedly, through some dirty VAR-tricks :p).

Lechus7 repped this.
  7. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    I was just being funny....
    I know from the outset my team should have been called The Phoenix.

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Did anyone beyond me choose Sam Kerr as his captain for this matchday? :D:D:D:D:D

9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    :D

blissett repped this.
  10. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Lechus7 + Blissett... powering up the charts.

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I get nothing again... 24 points so far

12. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    So at the end of today we get 5 transfers and half a million more budget ?
    Is that right ?

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, that should be it.

Somehow makes sense, since some of us could have some untradable players from already eliminated teams: so, we need more free trades to substitute those players and more money because those players won't give any money back to us.

Of course, one could think that we shouldn't have chosen players from teams that were likely to go home soon, but I still have Bunny Shaw in my bench players (and I only got rid of Kim Little in the previous Trasfer Window).

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, I had Kerr as a captain, but mostly the rest of my team sucked big time! :x3: I should have only made 116, if my calculations are correct (since Kerr alone was worth 70, go figure how the rest of my team played... :unsure:).

I already saved my team for round 4. Some interesting choices I am going to talk about later. Hope it will be better than my round 3's one.

15. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    I finally bought players on the other side of the bracket. An Italian and a German.

16. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    PS. Wonder what credit I’ll get for that Tobin shot that was deemed an OG. ?

blissett repped this.
  17. PortiereNuovo

PortiereNuovo Member

Jun 20, 2019
    So apparently I can't seem to remember what email or PW I used to set up my account so long ago after I cleared my autologin information...Anyways, I meant to swap in Kerr as captain last round but was too busy to make any changes. I was doing to drop Shaw, too, and at least she netted an assist for me. We'll see if getting rid of Hansen and adding Vivianne Miedema was a good move or not. Had a couple of other FWs I was considering...I hope my side isen't like the US, lots of points early but fewer each round...

blissett repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What was your nickname, before today?

19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    hmm.. I'm also thinking about dropping Hansen (not sure if she will be able to play QF even would Norway get past Aussies) for another MF... Asllani perhaps?

20. PortiereNuovo

PortiereNuovo Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Just Portiere--I haven't posted much for a while.

blissett repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Italian nickname means that you're Italian like me? :)

22. PortiereNuovo

PortiereNuovo Member

Jun 20, 2019
    American of Italian descent, but I support Italy when I'm not rooting for the US. Actually I was speaking Italian the other day and realized how out of practice I am--Nona insisted on English so I had to learn it all the hard way.

blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just caught what I guess it's a glitch: I saw that people who had Kadeisha Buchanan in their line-up at this round had her substituted with another player from the bench. I was puzzled, because I saw the match and Buchanan was actually on the pitch (I was remembering her epic toe-to-toe duel with Miedema): so I looked at the statistics on the "Fixtures & Results" page and it appeared that Buchanan was indeed on the pitch, but her score was anyway 0, coming from a 2 points for Minutes Played and a -2 points for a Yellow Card (no bonus for goals, assists, clean sheet, attack points, defense points, win or goal difference).

I guess the system saw that "0" score and read it as "the player wasn't on the pitch", but it was a mistake: she was on the pitch, she just happened to score 0 points!!! :eek:

According to the rules: "If one of your starting players does not participate in the round, then a player from your bench will take their place.", but nothing is said about players having 0 points who anyway did partecipate in the round. They shouldn't be allowed to be replaced by a player from the bench.

So I guess all of the teams who had a player from the bench substitute Kadeisha Buchanan had an unfair advantage, because Buchanan should have netted them 0 points, and not the >0 points from a bench player.

Did I get anything wrong? Maybe we should inform the admins of ShePlays of the glitch? By the way, I guess this kind of glitch was probably active in previous rounds also, but I didn't happened to notice it, maybe because there weren't players that made 0 points from being on the pitch, or they weren't as high-profile as Buchanan, so I missed them.

Ironic detail: I just bought Kadeisha Buchanan in the current trasfer window: maybe that's the reason I noticed the glitch! :laugh:

Lechus7 repped this.
  24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I made my 5 subs, still 7th out of 9,...

blissett repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I discovered Gwinn was listed as a DF and just costing 200.000, so I promptly bought her and she's already winning 2-0 vs Nigeria: even without anything else, she could get me a "clean sheet" bonus! :) The other DF I bought was Buchanan.

Than I secured Aurora Galli in the MF, and Ellen White and Jun Endo (as a bench round up) as FWs.

Of course, despite the 500.000 bonus, I had to get rid of some expensive players to afford this marketing-campaign: It broke my heart, but I had to part ways with Sameshima, because she was the only player that I could do without who had the same time was netting me enough money. :unsure:

I wasn't sure about starting Ellen White over my other FWs (Kerr, Van de Sanden and Iwabuchi), so in the end I left her on the bench. Kerr was an automatic starter to me and I figured, in the Netherlands-Japan match, at least one of Iwabuchi and Van de Sanden was going to do very well. Do you think I made a mistake and I should have boldy start White over one between Van de Sanden and Iwabuchi? :cautious:
    I figured Ellen White's purchase was anyway a good one, because she's probably going to be useful in the next rounds.