2019 USMNT Schedule

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TheFalseNine, Dec 4, 2018.

1. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that narrows down the list of countries we could be facing. Quick someone look up who has the largest immigrant population in those cities.

2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of note, the article does not say which game (June 4th/5th or 9th) is likely slated for DC and which for Cincinnati.

On twitter, the Barra Brava account noted that the Nationals are not playing at home on the 9th.

The Nationals are at home on 6/4 at 7:05 pm and on 6/5 at 1:05 pm. That would seem to make a 6/4 game at Audi Field unlikely (because much of the parking is shared). Not sure if they'd shy away from 6/5, also, or if that's enough time between games to sell those same parking spots twice.

3. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    TimB4Last and Sebsasour repped this.
  4. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three and Three repped this.
  5. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $$$$ - they probably need some!

wixson7 repped this.
  6. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Draw for The Nations League is on Wednesday.

The US will be grouped with one of Panama, Canada, Haiti or T&T and one of Martinique, Cuba, Curacao, or Bermuda

IASocFan and Atouk repped this.
  7. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want T&T.

8. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today is the day that we get the draw for the Nations League. I believe it occurs in Vegas, if I remember correctly. Looking forward to a nice Caribbean away trip so I can sit on the beach (again, hopefully in Trinidad).

wixson7 and hoys repped this.
  9. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wixson7, Winoman, onefineesq and 4 others repped this.
  10. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the Concacaf website, the Nations League draw was to be held at 10am EASTERN today. Yet, I cannot find any information on what happened, and the link to actually watch the draw is not working for me. Has anyone found information on what happened?

Edit: Oops, it is 10 PM, not 10 AM.

11. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USA will be in Group A of The CONCACAF Nations League with Canada and Cuba.

We will play 2 games against each team across The September, October, and November windows

mike4066 repped this.
  12. OlympiquedeMarseille

Apr 18, 2012
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just the October and November windows. Friendlies in September for the USMNT.

TimB4Last, Sebsasour and wixson7 repped this.
  13. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of sucks. Probably the 2 I would least want to face, just on sheer travel/vacation opportunity. Oh well.

14. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gold Cup Schedule will come out on Wednesday at 6 PM (ET)

wixson7, IASocFan and Winoman repped this.
  15. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guyana - June 18th in Minneapolis
    Trinidad and Tobago - June 22nd in Cleveland
    Panama - June 26th in Kansas City

If we advance the quarterfinals will be on June 30th in Philly, Semis would be on July 3rd in Nashville, and the championship will be on July 7th in Chicago

wixson7 and Winoman repped this.
  16. Starman*

Starman* Member

United States
    Mar 28, 2017
    If you had to put a percentage on how likely it is that USA will be in the Gold Cup final, what would you say? I'm thinking it's about 65%.

I'm wondering because I'm organizing a trip to Chicago with my brothers and I told them the final will likely be USA vs Mexico.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    October 11 v Cuba
    October 15 @ Canada

November 15 v Canada
    November 19 @ Cuba

The U.S. Men’s National Team has learned its group stage schedule for the inaugural 2019-20 Concacaf Nations League after the region’s governing body unveiled the full fixture list on Tuesday.

Drawn into Group A of League A alongside Cuba and Canada back in March, the USA will open the competition with a home match against Cuba on Friday, Oct. 11 (7 p.m. ET), before visiting Canada on Tuesday, Oct. 15 (7:30 p.m. ET).

The next month, the USA will open the window with at home against Canada on Friday, Nov. 15 (7:15 p.m. ET), before closing out the group stage at Cuba on Tuesday, Nov. 19 (7:30 p.m. ET).

wixson7, Sebsasour and Winoman repped this.
  18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    We will have 2 domestic friendlies in the September window. Mexico and a south american team.

mike4066 repped this.
  19. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I believe there are 5 futbol finals taking place on July 7th this summer. WWC final is that day in Paris. Don't remember the others off the top of my head.

20. OlympiquedeMarseille

Apr 18, 2012
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #45 OlympiquedeMarseille, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    In Lyon, not in Paris.

Take those kickoff times with a good dose of salt; Cuba likes to play their games at 3:30pm (EST & local) to take advantage of natural daylight because their stadium lights are not up to FIFA standard. Unless there have been thorough improvements to the stadium (or the national electrical grid!) since their September and November CNL games at home, those kickoff times are going to be moved to earlier in the day.

Now in terms of venue speculation:

-If Canada hosts the October game in Vancouver, then Portland becomes a good bet for the Cuba home game.
    -If Canada hosts the October game in Toronto then maybe play Cuba at Red Bull Arena; after two losses to Costa Rica and a loss to Brazil in recent memory, it may help change the fan perspective on that venue and make the players feel more comfortable playing in NY/NJ. Less travel for Euro-based players too.

-For the November game (hosting Canada before flying to Cuba), the ideal locations would be Florida or Houston but since the USMNT has already played at these two locations early this year, my guess is that they will play in Atlanta. I believe the team has not played there since the Gold Cup loss to Jamaica in 2015 in the old Georgia Dome.
    Drawing 40 000+ for Atlanta United games (even when the team is not as good as last year) and with quick direct flights to Havana, this seems like a logical choice.

Weird.

wixson7 and TimB4Last repped this.
  21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Good feeling that St. Louis will host a game in the Sept-Nov window.

22. I_AM_SPARTACUS

Saint Louis FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2019
    I have heard about the latter during the USA/New Zealand match during the AO Tailgate. it will be used as a venue for a huge announcement in the gateway city? ;)

wixson7 repped this.
  23. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    #Budweiser
    #imospizza
    #cards
    #friedravioli
    #stantheman

you get my point..

24. OlympiquedeMarseille

Apr 18, 2012
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    In Toronto, as announced by the CSA

Maybe not.

Reports are that CONCAF are forcing Cuba to play at night; if they can't do this at home...the game might be played out of country!

http://www.cibercuba.com/noticias/2...de-jugara-cuba-liga-naciones-futbol-2019-2020

Not sure what's going on....

TimB4Last and Winoman repped this.
  25. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take it with a grain of salt, but Wikipedia does list Uruguay playing us in a friendly for the 2nd game of the September window, though it has no date or venue specified. They are playing Costa Rica in San Jose for the first game of that window.

It would make sense to look to South America for those. Costa Rica, Mexico, and Honduras will be the only CONCACAF teams available (unless you want to look at League C), and I doubt we play anyone from Europe, Africa, or Asia with their various qualifiers going on. Mexico is playing Argentina in the second game of that window, but still has nothing scheduled for the first. It also wouldn't surprise me if we got another US/Mexico friendly for the sake of money.

TimB4Last repped this.