2019 U20 Worldcup

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Majin, Feb 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Martin del Palacio made an article about the troubles in the U20 and how Juan Carlos Ortega was key in this. I wish he had mentioned the way they train and keep a team together in a "proceso" (which means that the same players are almost guaranteed a spot regardless of their play and new guys can't break in) but I think it's a great representation. To me the one thing that paints this best is how Mario Arteaga had a total failure with the last U17 World Cup even when Lainez was on the team and they just cooled on him and stopped mentioning him (when people were saying he should've been canned) and left him working with another team and he's still there.

https://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/...ecciones-menores-una-historia-de-compadrazgos

Majin, fateswarning189 and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  2. Henruchito

Henruchito Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Jun 10, 2017
    2:15 en adelante

beat junky repped this.
  3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

4. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That’s good

Hopefully it’s one of many heads that need to roll within the FMF

5. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    That is only a really small part of the problem.

Guys like Guardado, Herrera, Charly Rodriguez, Marcel Ruiz (to name a few) are guys that were completely bypassed by the youth national teams until after they become 1st team Club players.

On the other side of the coin you have players that continue to be called in despite showing they clearly have not progressed and/or are struggling to find minutes at their clubs as 19/20/21 year olds.

LaMascara, Majin, DGreat and 2 others repped this.
  6. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    #231 Salmos, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    It really wouldn't take huge changes to vastly improve the squads. They place too much emphasis on past experience, to the point where the only redeeming quality from some of the guys is either they were in the most recent camps, or they've been in previous generation camps. The part that scares me is I don't know if it's a case of really dumb people who think the continuity will get them results someday or simply a case of an honest mistake of funding going to the wrong places. You can fix the second more easily. Maybe spend less money playing useless friendly tournaments and more money just scouting. The kids are all playing somewhere. Herrera was playing in Tampico at 20 and you wouldn't have to go out of your way to know everyone there was talking about him. I knew about him and I'm only a fan.

DankYummy repped this.
  7. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Muchas mordidas por todo mexico, es todo.

LGRod repped this.
  8. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    3rd straight U 20 World Cup that the US goes out in the Quarterfinals. The weird thing is that each time they went out to a team that had beaten us in that same World Cup. Serbia in 2015, Venezuela in 2017 and now Ecuador.

LGRod repped this.
  9. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I hear you its simply idiotic, pathetic, and shameful how it has always been like that. The FMF hires an idiot that does'nt work out, lets them go only to hire another one of their idiot buddies. With that said, im pretty sure there is this one gifted kid who can barely afford shoes but who is talented as hell playing in the beaches of Veracruz. There is this guy that is really tall and dark skinned from the middle of Guanajuato but they make him less because of his skin. There is this kid in Mexico City who does'nt eat lunch just so he can have more playing time to play in the streets and make a name for himself in the mean streets of his neighborhood. My friends the talent has always been there............its just that the FMF has another agenda, and that's pimping out the Mexican National Team. Believe me there is players out there, and they are hungry for a chance, but with the corruption that has always existed...............these players will die of hunger along with those opportunities, unfortunately.

Hecho en Chivas, LGRod and DankYummy repped this.
  10. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico’s group was something.

Italy, Ecuador, and South Korea will all have played 7 matches with Korea potentially winning it all.

3 of the top 4 teams in the world in our group lol

DGreat repped this.
  11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yup South Korea sure is something.

The thing is we played Japan.

Majin, Saldgotti1991, DankYummy and 5 others repped this.
  12. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    racismo confirmed :sick:

Set myself up for the classic Rafa zinger :(

Saldgotti1991, DankYummy and DGreat repped this.