2019 Season Ticket Renewals

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I am no longer a season ticket holder, was curious if they had launched the 2019 renewal process and if they still had that sneaky “lock-in” program where if you didn’t opt-out of renewing by July 31 that you were Auto-renewed for the next season.

2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Sneaky lock in date has already passed w no notification

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured they would see how many suckers they retain thru lack of notification. I’d challenge them to charge me and tell CC company to reject the charge and see what the Dynamo do about it.

But that goes to the minor league baseball mentality

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has this started yet? IIRC, they used to start renewal campaign like early August

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cut our Dynamo Girls and years on ask more money for moving forward!
    No Sir!

Hahaha! I used to go to our USL team's games at Butler!
    Which was a solid team and even better goalie.

Still, DALE DYNAMO!!!

6. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dropped one seat last year, and I will renew for 2019 - but that's just me.

There have been no messages for renewal as of today. I'm thinking they'll probably wait til after the USOC final in the hopes they can point to a success. But it's gonna be a hard sell to a lot of people.

There is going to have to be a huge change if the want to stop the bleeding

*rey* repped this.
  7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The below was posted on the Dynamo reddit site. If accurate I think the FO needs to be a lot more concerned with how many people will actually buy season tickets and less concerned about the theoretical revenue they may leave on the table due to underpricing. Of course, much of the eroding of STH benefits falls at the feet of the FO, not some market condition they couldn’t control. Unless you are wedded to the current seat you have AND you will attend 2/3rds of the games, I’m not sure a season ticket pays off

“A little birdie told me is has something to do with the pricing.

2018 was the end of the price lock deals... the idea was that people know what they will spend and make a habit of going and build a connection to the team and will pay a higher STH package at the end of the price lock. Had this ended last season, I would've said "job well done" b/c the team did so well...but 2018 has been awful and many people will not renew with the team's current performance, thus the org just doesn't know how to price these season tickets.

Too high and byebye half of your STH's. Too low and people are still not coming to games they have lost their majority of ticket revenue on both fronts (Season vs. Single Tickets)”

http://www.reddit.com/r/dynamo/comments/9cw1dn/bye_week_lets_vent/

8. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    I'm considering not renewing... unless they offer me rows A-D on 226.

9. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i sit in row A in 226. so sorry, but there are at least 2 tix that you ain't gettin!! lol

Ethos repped this.
  10. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dynamo put up their renewal website today. I can’t see prices but looks like you get free USOC tickets if you renew by the 25th. Wondering if they cut prices at all.

They also have some sort of new “auto-renewal” program where you get $50 worth of vouchers or goods if you enroll.

But it also links to some 7-page “Season Ticket Membership Agreement” for the Auto-renewal program that I don’t recall seeing before (thru 2016 at least when I dropped our tickets). It’s got a series of Terms & Conditions which are expectedly one-sided (Dynamo in its sole discretion can do lots of things and have arbitration provisions, etc.) and probably similar to stuff for the Texans, etc. Frankly it seems like overkill, especially the acknowledgement that the season ticket holder had the right to have legal counsel review the agreement before signing. Really? You’ve got a team and FO trending downwards and think it’s a good idea to make every relationship a legal contract?

11. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think prices have changed since last year. There was some legal mumbo jumbo that was required for the 2 year auto renewal which I think was around 2015.

12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The old saying goes for criminals, "When you lawyer up, you are admitting you are guilty."
    So our FO declares lawyer might be needed, legal counsel to review season ticket purchases. Bwhahaha!!!

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a pretty slick move - you get some STH to sign up for the auto renewal and the only cost to the Dynamo is $50 worth of vouchers that have a lower cost (5 free games of parking have little cost if those spots were going to go empty anyways) and when the poor bastard forgets to opt out next July you’ve got another year of season ticket sales locked in for someone who may not want them.

Now, I don’t fall for that but others will

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess from the below, if you sign up for the Dynamo Auto-Renewal scam, er . . . . program I meant to say, then you keep the same price paid in 2018 for 2019 otherwise you get whatever price increase the team is doing.

Is raising prices on this product a good move? Or does it not matter at all?

[​IMG]
    Replying to
    @cisco0602
    @SeanRingrose
    and
    @DynamicFoxtrot
    Just talked with my STH rep. If you go on auto-renew, then they are keeping the previous price that you paid last year. No additional charge for going on 7 month payment plan (smart on their part).
    11:45 AM · Sep 12, 2018

15. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude...they spent $9M on transfer fees this past winter and spring. Gotta recoup that money somehow and ST money is it.

16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Reddit there is a STH fan forum call today with Jordan and Canetti. Those who are on the call please give us a report. I used to love those calls, the best was the one where they made Barrett take the arrows

17. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enjoy!

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy did a good job tweeting it:

http://mobile.twitter.com/WilsonCalvert/status/1049344534532907009

Having sat thru many of these over the years, about what I expected.

I still just shake my head with Canetti blaming the media for not covering the team (“we deserve more coverage”) while at the same time crapping on advertising or marketing thru traditional or general media.

Starting to hype up the jersey sponsor like Geraldo Rivera going into Al Capone’s Vault

nbrooks503 repped this.
  19. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing I've heard about the Jersey is that Houston Methodist will not be happy. Heard it was some Docinabox outfit

20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Like Teladoc? I was thinking they’d end up with some Jay-Z or Beyoncé thing since they were using RocNation according to media reports and clearly didn’t sell one for 2018

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m sorry but the notion that the Dynamo - a club that won’t properly staff the stadium or spend on marketing or promotional giveaway items - is gonna seriously consider spending $50-$100 million on putting a roof on BBVA and enclosing it is one of the funniest things I have heard this entire 2018 calendar year.

Their entire research probably consisted of a google search on enclosing the US Open or Wimbledon stadiums and seeing the cost and clocking out of the browser.

http://mobile.twitter.com/DynamicFoxtrot/status/1049374304171954176

22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WTF is right! They wouldn't take my deposit when I asked to get seats. I wonder how many others were left out.

Heft repped this.