2019 Season Catch-All Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by m vann, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My road to the playoffs is unlikely, but of the teams ahead of us, not counting LAX,!we have to assume a few of those teams will have a dismal finish. Like 1-4-0...,

If we can score 5 points in our next three games then we get LAX in a meaningless game to end the season, a win there could put us in, or even a tie if we are able to steal a road win and get seven points from our next three games.

25% chance, And OK I am being 3-0 Fraser optimistic.

R

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sports Yak repped this.
  3. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JasonMa repped this.
  4. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Grape is good

5. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The odds to win the last three was likely .4 x .4 x .1= 1.6%......the Hudson era added to other Rapids coaches violates the statistical principle of proportional hazard, which assumes the risk of the first game or, say first 5 games, is the same in any chronon of the season So risk of games 1-5 is assumed to be the same as games 25-30...thus I reject their 0.1%, but agree completely that the odds are very low. A better calculation is to add Casey/Fraser and then project, likely miss playoffs but a 3-5 points, but the Fraser sample is too small, yet compelling, if her gets 9-10 points.

OK watch’um go 0-4-0

R

6. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    Season ticket acquired! Section 109.

Can’t wait for next season.

AlbertCamus, Rod1916 and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be clear they don't calculate. They run 10,000(?) simulations and the percentage is the number of times the team make the playoffs. Now to be fair, you're right, those simulations are colored by the whole season, including the Hudson games, but I think 0.1% is a lot closer than 25%.

8. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    The only way we can make the playoffs is to fire the coach.

We keep getting coach bumps. The problem with the Rapids is they wait for the bump to disappear before they fire the coach. This time, we fire Frazier after three games and get a final coach bump to end the season. :rolleyes:

Centennial, TheWarmBurger and FtCollins repped this.
  9. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Welcome! Although, why not 108 and save a few bucks. Plus, most of is are cool (jason excepted)

Rod

AlbertCamus repped this.
  10. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    #1360 FtCollins, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    We didn’t realize the option until after and my better half likes the savings on beer and food.

EDIT: Just hit me that we could have saved that anyway with the tailgate. Next season we will have to do it.

Rod1916 and JasonMa repped this.
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe C38 has a way to work with the Rapids FO to move you to a C38 section. If you're interested I can talk to our 108 ticket rep.

Rod1916 and FtCollins repped this.
  12. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    That would be amazing but before I green light it I want to clear it with my better half. She's in bed right now sick so I don't want to wake her up but I'll shoot you a message tomorrow.

13. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I think we get all the same discounts, but joe can confirm. Always happy to have people join us in 108. Particularly ones who can put up with my crap.

Note: I sit in row 6 on the aisle next to 109. There is s good group of us there if you are interested. There are other sections of 108 as well.

Rod

FtCollins repped this.
  14. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    #1364 Dom. FC, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Altitude is back in my Directv schedule. Wanted to post it in the match thread but ...

Oops -- just back in the schedule but not actually back.

Centennial repped this.
  15. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    If we still get the same discounts, we will 100% do it!

16. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    #1366 FtCollins, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    @JasonMa, @Rod1916 so she just woke up and I mentioned it. We would love to join you guys in 108 if that is actually possible. Our deposit is in and I was going to pay in full on Monday for the seats we selected in 109.

Any chance you could ask your rep if it's possible for me to get them switched over? If not, no worries!

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've sent a message to our ticket guy for 108, I'll let you know what I hear.

Rod1916 and FtCollins repped this.
  18. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    I really appreciate your time.

19. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Well isn’t that interesting;

1173390572989468672 is not a valid tweet id

20. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't been very successful this season but we sure haven't been boring like the previous 2.

Centennial and Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  21. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    So I just got off the phone with a rep and we will be in 108 instead of 109 next season. Look forward to meeting you all.

22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1372 JasonMa, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    So as the season winds down I'm starting to think about the upcoming expansion draft and the decisions that Fraser & Smith will need to make on who to protect. If I had to put together a list right now, based on last years rules, here's my protected list (assuming the MLS roster page has all designations correct):

Automatically protected as homegrown players on the reserve/supplemental roster:
    Anderson, Bassett, Hundley, Vines

Automatically protected as GA, if he doesn't graduate from the program:
    Lewis

Required 3 internationals protected:
    Mezquida, Price, Shinyashiki

Remaining 8 protected slots:
    Abubakar (if we sign him before the draft), Acosta, Ford*, Kamara, Nicholson, Raben*, Rosenbery, Rubio

* - Ford and Raben are homegrown players, but since they make enough money to push them to the senior roster they aren't automatically protected

If Lewis is not automatically protected as a GA and we sign Abubakar before the draft, then I risk leaving Raben unprotected to protect Lewis.

This leaves the following players unprotected, and at most we could lose one of them to either Nashville or Miami: Blomberg, Howard, Irwin, Jackson, Opare, Rawls, Rwatubyaye, Serna, Sjoberg, Smith, Wilson, Wynne

If we don't sign Abubakar and Lewis is automatically protected I use the last slot on Irwin.

Centennial, Rod1916, zapem_10 and 2 others repped this.
  23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ADVISORY: COLORADO RAPIDS TO HOST MEMORIAL SERVICE IN HONOR OF COLIN CLARK

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (September 16, 2019) – Colorado Rapids will hold a memorial service in honor of former player, Colin Clark on September 18, 2019 at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park. The service will be open to the public.

WHAT: The Colorado Rapids will hold a memorial service for the family, friends, and fans of Colin Clark, a former Rapids player and Colorado native. Clark passed away on August 26, 2019 at 35 years old. The midfielder made 138 appearances (97 starts), scored 15 goals, and garnered 13 assists over his eight-year career in Major League Soccer. Clark played for the Colorado Rapids, Houston Dynamo, and LA Galaxy as well as registered one cap with the U.S. Men’s National Team in the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

WHO: The service will be open to the public.

WHEN: Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Doors open at 6:30PM

Service at 7:00PM

WHERE: DICK’S Sporting Goods Park

6000 Victory Way, Commerce City, CO 80022

Event Entrance through Eighteen76 on south side of the stadium

For those unable to attend, the memorial will be streamed live on ColoradoRapids.com/live

ATTIRE: Soccer gear attire; attendees who have Colin Clark jerseys are encouraged to wear them

CONTACT: For questions or inquiries, please contact RapidsCommunications@ColoradoRapids.com

Please Note: Anyone with still images, footage of Colin Clark are asked to share these pieces with the club to be used in tribute to his memory and career at the Memorial.

24. zapem_10

zapem_10 Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the season winds down, I find it pretty encouraging that after the lack of scoring of seasons past we have 3 players that could be in double digits by the end:

Kamara - 11
    Rubio - 9
    Shinyashiki - 7

Throw some DP talent in with this group along with what appears to be a legitimate coach and next year could be interesting.

25. meanderingjeeper

May 27, 2003
    At my house
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    still surprised we have 1 even close but glad to see it! Really pretty amazing what has happened since Hudson heard his who & would have liked to have seen a whole season of it....

And that's the rub......seems like every year we hear we are just a DP away, if only we can get a solid DP......I can't trust this FO to land a DP that would make a difference. I would love to think we'll finally convince <insert-awesome-player-I've-never-heard-of-but-Dismemberment-thought-was-awesome-on-FIFA> to come and actually bring it, but they won't for all the same reasons they didn't before.

Now bring back my Altitude dang it (tho I did cancel my Direct due to other reasons and am giving Fubo a try....love the soccer options there)....well, and get off my lawn....