2019 Season Catch-All Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by m vann, Feb 26, 2019.

1. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I believe that unless he has a direct relative (parent/grandparent) he would have to first become a US Citizen. I don’t know if he currently has that status, but he would also have to live in the US for 5 straight years after turning 18:

https://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/02/78/29/07/fifastatutsweben_neutral.pdf

Pages 72-74. He would also have to have not played in a competitive match for Brazil either

I would love to see him play for the US, but I don’t know his eligibility or his ability to become eligible....

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Citizenship, and without getting political getting citizenship right now is not the easiest road to travel.

And lets slow this train down a bit, its a long way from a good 1300 rookie minutes to the National Team. See Powers, Dillon.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, since Benny Feilhaber wanted to be traded "to a winner"

Colorado: 31 points
    SKC: 27 points

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Would getting married to a citizen get him there quicker?

6. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Is there evidence that he wants to play for usa? He could also play for Japan, couldn’t he?

7. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I don’t know. I was just wondering. The more prospects we have the better. We just need to develop them much earlier.

We have very little competitive environments here. Players rarely have to battle for a starting spot at any level.

TheWarmBurger repped this.
  8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we sure Diego Rubio is with Chile? I ask because I'm watching today's Vuelta a Espana stage (Spain's version of the Tour de France) and the first two riders into the breakaway are Ben King (formerly of Boulder's Garmin-Sharp team) and Diego Rubio. :D

AlbertCamus, Soaker888 and Centennial repped this.
  9. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    He needs to keep match fit.

10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Centennial, COMtnGuy and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  11. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Shinyashiki up for goal of the week again! I think the only competition he has this week is Benny Feilhaber's wayward cross that luckily found the back of the net:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/09/08/vote-att-goal-week-week-27

I still can't get over that "blonde bombshell" comment by Richard Fleming. I don't think Shinyashiki will ever live that nickname down

*side note* I wonder if he died his hair yellow for #kickchildhoodcancer month, in which case I'm all for it. I also wonder if he did it to mess with Kellyn Acosta, who's hair is now it's natural black again. In which case, I'm also all for it.

12. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also enjoyed the conversation a few minutes before the goal where Fleming and Balboa were musing over weather he lost a bet or if it was rookie hazing.

I do take issue with doing the hair, mustache, and beard but leaving out the eyebrows. Attention to detail man!

COMtnGuy and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you suggesting its a...rookie mistake?

Thank you, I'll be here all season. Remember to tip your waiter!

Dom. FC, SccrDon and Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  14. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    JasonMa and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  15. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I wonder why the U-20's don't get as much attention. No game info, no regular updates on scores throughout the game, etc. Congrats to Seb though for getting another start.

Looks like Cole scored again for the U-20's:

JasonMa repped this.
  16. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Maybe he was just trying to pay respect to the legend.

[​IMG]

17. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Totoro, COMtnGuy and JasonMa repped this.
  18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1171190299273523200 is not a valid tweet id

COMtnGuy, TheWarmBurger and Soaker888 repped this.
  19. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Ok, so both kids are now off to college and I get to re-up season tix for .... well just me. What are your favorite sections for seating on the East and South stands? I used to have tix in 105 but I'm interested in being closer to C38.

20. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Hard to beat tix with c38. 108 is where we sit.

Soaker888 repped this.
  21. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Shinyashiki in contention for the treble this week:

COMtnGuy, Centennial and JasonMa repped this.
  22. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Soaker888 and COMtnGuy repped this.
  23. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    #1323 TheWarmBurger, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Soooo.....David Beckham is at it again....

After going out and getting three young (re: 19 year olds) South American prospects (two of which played for the Argentine U-20's and U-17, the other playing for Juventus's U-23's and captained the Venezuela U-20's in the U-20 world cup), Miami goes out and beat Real Madrid and Arsenal for a deal to sign 20 year old Exequiel Palacios from River Plate. Palacios has already played in 59 games for River Plate and is considered "among the highest-rated prospects in his country." I haven't seen anything officially signed yet for him, but the reports are that the deal is done.

But that's not where it stops. Now Beckham is trying to work more Beckham magic:

Lionel freakin' Messi. I know it's been rumored already, but now there's cold hard reports going out about him getting in touch with Messi.

Do I honestly think Messi would play for the MLS at age 33 when his contract with Barcelona expires? No. Do I think Messi might end up playing in the MLS? Maybe.

Kaka came to play in MLS.

Cristiano Ronaldo has said he wants to play in the MLS.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has already made the move here, made a lot of money and gained a lot of the soccer spotlight in America.

If anyone could bring Messi to MLS, I would bet money on Beckham being the guy to do it. He's already paved the way for transforming DP system in the MLS when he joined the Galaxy. Why couldn't he also pave the way for true world superstars coming here a little more regularly, and maybe a little younger too?

Beckham has a crap ton of money. He's also got a crap ton of friends in high places, and a crap ton of friends who are soccer superstars. I would be shocked, nay, absolutely flabbergasted if Messi leaves Barca for Miami for free next June. Or if Miami pays the $773 million to buy him in a different calendar year.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Beckham actually gets a world superstar to play in Miami. Miami is a hot place to be, Beckham is a cool owner to play for.

I wonder if he would want to buy the Rapids............:eek::eek::eek:

Andy126 and AlbertCamus repped this.
  24. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually think the South American stuff is more on his Co-owner than Becks recruiting.

25. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I'd be shocked if Messi came to MLS. If he's willing to leave Barcelona, I'm sure a Chinese or Emirates type team would pay him many millions more than Beckham could.