Rumor: ( HALF USA Spoilers) 2019 Roster Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by willydonc, Aug 19, 2018.

1. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    i often tell the athletes i coach that the moment i stop yelling at you when you do something stupid is the moment i stopped caring about whether you succeed.

we all want the club to return to championship form, but when the problems are so visible and visibly not being taken care of by the owner, gm, etc, frustration is inevitable. if nothing about how the organization was run had changed but we had been to the mls cup a couple times and finished in the top three consistently, the kind of statements you see on this message board would probably be vastly different.

cchchaplain repped this.
  2. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    my outlook is relentlessly negative. Every game, every season, every offseason a torturous trial to be endured, always expecting failure or injustice to suddenly destroy hope.

and this was before Andy bought the team.

Mikebsiu repped this.
  3. Jake Roberts

Jake Roberts Member

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 7, 2018
    splunge63 and Mattyb1760 repped this.
  4. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I mean, it's something when "the most optimistic person" is insisting that this season is meaningless and that we will only get worse before we get any better.

Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  5. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    So you are for exterminating Polish lives?

6. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Jiggly, You've ALWAYS been pro nationalism. Let me give you a clue. IT DOES not ********ing work.

7. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    What is THAT you idiot?

8. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    So you don't agree with me?

9. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    i do not agree that constantly bashing the team when they do things that deserve a bashing means we don't care about the team. you seem to mistake our frustration/anger for apathy. that is not the case.

is anger/ bashing those that do you wrong the best thing to do? not in a lot of cases, but when it comes to being fans of a club or team- an entity which can receive no psychological scars from doing so- it is typically the only ways fans know to voice their displeasure in hopes for something better.

does telling team ownership/ management that we are displeased do anything? that depends on the ownership/ management. ones that seem sympathetic to the calls of the fans and genuinely try to improve the club are generally looked upon in a greater light. looking at how other teams in the league try to build their teams and the fan bases, it is hard to say the fire's management is genuinely sympathetic to the feelings of their supporters. this leads to greater frustration and calls for change, which result in the team not doing so, and so on, and so on.

goldclover, Mac97, cchchaplain and 5 others repped this.
  10. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    lol we suck, our owner sucks, nrod sucks, scouting sucks, stadium situation sucks, painovic sucks, Monterey security sucks. We will also finish in last place and nothing will change, and we will continue sucking.

11. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    That sucks!

Joe in CO, Jiggly_333, loonixxx and 2 others repped this.
  12. moleman

moleman Member

Jan 7, 2017
    As a franchise, we are for better or for worse at the mercy of whoever owns the team. We can’t go to the annual club members’ or club shareholders’ meeting to vote on our displeasure with the leadership or direction of the team.

Thus, our only recourse is to demonstrate against this direction through public criticism, not buying season tickets, etc. The only thing sports franchise ownership understands is the bottom line/valuation of the team. Once they have trouble making money / believe they are irreparably destroying the franchise’s value, they’ll change something either for the better (invest in the team for a change) or for the worse (fold the franchise and relocate).

13. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Boo Hoo, you ********ing child. Everything sucks. Well, you SUCK too. Your attitude is "sucky". No one gives a flying ******** about you.

14. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    He does. You guys behave like little boys. Be MAN.

15. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I am? You libtard? Actually I'm quite educated, just not educated by YOUR teachers.
    Racist? Show me where I'm racist?
    Homophobic? Show me where I am homophobic?
    Antisemite? Show me where I'm antisemite?
    And ******** YOU old ********. Worried that your kin is DIFFERENT than you? I am ASHAMED you're Polish.

16. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    How long have this team have had "cancer"? Maybe it's YOU, not the team? Every sports team comes through drought. Do you realize that? We ARE in the middle of it. You shits behave like sport franchises should ALWAYS be at the top. Look at Man U. Early 2000's and now. Now ******** off.

17. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I've got few more things to say to you.
    You sir ARE weak, nimble.
    Throwing statements? Would you like to meet me? I know meeting a racist,
    You re a simple man, Blaszczykowski wants to save WISLA. That is why he's not coming to Chicago. NOT THAT HE'S PAYING TO NOT COME TO CHICAGO, YOU ********TARD>

18. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    libtard, lol

19. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    ******** off now. Debbie downer.

20. Hoojaszczyk

Hoojaszczyk Member

Dec 27, 2011
    libtard, commietard, socialtard...... same shit to me.

21. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Have I offended you? I figured you were proud to be those things. As to how I know you are these things, well it's elementary my dear Watson! You've shown them in this thread.

I know you're not educated, anyone who ever attended an introduction to history class would know better than to compare antifa to Nazis.

I know you're racist because you hate antifa, the guys that actually hate racists. I know you're a homophobe because you support the killing of a pro-gay rights inclusionist mayor and you have made homophobic comments in this thread. I know you're an anti semite because I have never met a an uneducated, racist homophobe who wasn't.

Do you deny these things? Let me ask you a few questions and get your answers. Do you believe Poland should be white and catholic and that migrants from other continents should stay out? Do you think Poland should have Jewish politicians? Should Poland legalize gay marriage? Did you support the white nationalist march held on November 11th in Warsaw?

ceezmad, Joe in CO and goldclover repped this.
  22. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe you are the one missing a chromosome.

23. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This guy is like "a white man identified as D. W." but on really really really bad steroids.

24. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure it's only one?

25. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That, more than anything, demonstrates @milicz 's point.

Joe in CO repped this.