2019 roster, lineup thread

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Feb 23, 2019.

1. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    AJC reporting that Romario Williams will be traded soon. No formal club announcement yet nor details but Roberson hints the destination is possibly Columbus.

If true I wish him well as he never spoke ill of the club or the city, best I can recall. Just wasn't measuring up to what the team needed.

Means Vasquez is now the first reserve behind Martinez.

Also in the papers Andrew Carleton continues his downward slide in the eyes of management after the passport fiasco as he's now been dropped from the first team for a spell. Obviously we're not privy to behind the scenes stuff so I just hope the team isn't breaking him completely. Would hate to see him become another Freddy Adu.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  2. Mabee

Mabee Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 26, 2017
    I really think he needs a change of scenery. He definitely has the talent (needs to work on his physicality), but he continues to act like a kid when he is playing in an adult league. ATL should trade him because I don't like his influences around here.
    It's almost like the worst thing he did was sign the homegrown contract instead of going overseas.

3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d be happy for Romario. He seems like a good kid, but just not at the level we need him to be. I’m glad too that Vasquez seems to be picking up his slack.

Carleton is done to me. If I was him, I’d be taking some college courses with his salary because odds are that he won’t be a pro long. That said, he should really try going to Europe and see if he can make a name for himself there. Normally, I’m not a fan of the Scandinavian leagues, but maybe that’s where he needs to start.

And, God, did we screw up by getting Pity Martinez. He’s the reason I believe the SS is out of reach now because we built the team around him, and he’s simply not good. I’m praying we can off load him sooner than later and try to buy someone closer to almiron’s level.

4. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When we’re full strength....

—————Josef—————-
    Villalba——————-Gressel
    —————Barco—————-
    ——-Nagbe———Remedi—-
    Pogba———————Escobar
    ———LGP——-Miles————
    —————Guzan——————

Bench: Kann, Parkhurst, Shea, Larentowicz, Meram, Pereira, Vasquez

Reserve: Pity, Williams, Bello, Goslin, Carleton, Ambrose, Gallagher, Wild, Kratz, Moore, Hyndman*.... of these, it’s probably worth keeping Ambrose and Bello. If/when Emo comes on board will be huge. He will probably replace Pereira. And, I’d sit Pity our. He’s making this team worse.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Where is he/who's he with when he's not training? I get that he can't really hang with the players, as most are clubbing age

6. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could be as simple as he believes the hype too much, and theres too many people around him that feed into that. It could be good for Andrew go somewhere where he's just another talented kid like any other, not the first ever homegrown signing. Maybe give him the motivation to grow into the player we all hoped he could be.

I think it's safe to assume though after the Toronto fiasco, he's the last name on the team sheet for a while.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  7. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of moves made by Atlanta today. Romario Williams was traded away for GAM, while Emerson Hyndman has been brought in on loan, with an option to buy after this season. Hyndman will officially be added to the roster on the 9th, once the transfer window opens.

I'm kind of sad to see Romario go. He never really seemed to get a whole lot of chances to show his worth in games. Hope he succeeds in Columbus. This basically leaves just two strikers with any experience on the roster, though. Three if you include Tito, I suppose.

The Hyndman move is interesting. My guess is he'll slot into the backup CAM role after Barco (assuming Pity stays on the wing). Always felt Julian was better at CM or winger than CAM, so getting someone in to backup Barco is a smart move. Will be curious to see how he plays. Most of the young Americans who come to MLS after failing in Europe don't seem to do well. Here's hoping Emerson is the exception.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  8. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Was about to post about the Hyndman move, so thanks for that.

More talent is more talent, so at least the club are exploring options. I truly can't recall his play at all so I'll have to research.

9. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m stoked about Emo coming to Atlanta. It is my impression that he’s very Nagbe-like; where he likes to play deeper 8 but is not going to get stuck into physical challenges.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will he start? He’s not taking over for Nagbe or Barco that’s for sure. How good is Remedi?

11. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remedi is definitely the lesser between him, Nagbe, and Barco. But Remedi is a 6 and Emo is an 8 or 10. So, I don’t know...

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me, for both club and player, this move makes no sense unless the long-rumored Nagbe trade happens.

Any buzz on that? The option to buy is a clue to me that this move is definitely on the table...but just a clue.

No offense to y'all, but Montreal has a Piatti sized hole in their lineup. Different players in many ways, but they're both offensive-half midfielders. It would suck for Emo to sit in Atlanta.

13. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    The Nagbe trade rumors were pre-season and have been put to bed. This move gives us depth at Nagbe's position as well as CAM. Don't worry, while he might not start Hyndman will see plenty of playing time.

14. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the issues with the depth of this team has been the lack of depth of attacking options in the center of midfield, especially with Kratz out injured most of the season. Having Hyndman helps out with that. He can replace Nagbe as a like for like, or he can come on for Remedi late in the game if United needs to go for it.

If he can play CAM well it'll also be a potential audition for next year. If Barco moves, which is a definite possibility, Hyndman could try to prove he's an adequate replacement for that spot next year.

15. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if Emo knocks Pity out of the starting XI.

———-Josef————
    Barco—-Emo—-Gressel
    —-Nagbe—-Remedi——
    Pogba—————Escobar
    ——Leo———Miles——-
    ————Guzan————-

Bench: Kann, Parkhurst, Shea, Larentowicz, Meram/Pity/Pereira, Villalba, Vasquez

16. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Emo turns out to be a stud, I’m all for selling Pity and buying a Atlanta worthy DP as a 6.

17. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know you're pretty down in Pity, but I wouldn't put my money on Hyndman displacing him from the starting lineup any time soon. I don't think he's played a competitive game since December, so he's going to be rusty as hell.

Besides, I've said it before, I want Barco at CAM.

18. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently FdB laughed off the rumor pretty definitively.

20. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What’s the story on Bello’s return?

21. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Line up I’d go with tonight...

GK Kann
    RB Ambrose
    CB Parkhurst
    CB Pogba
    LB Shea
    DM Larentowicz
    M8 Remedi
    10 Hyndman
    RW Meram
    FW Vasquez
    LW Pereira

Bench: Moore, LGP, Campbell, Goslin, Carleton, Wild, Pity

Rest: Nagbe, Barco, Josef, Gressel, Robinson, Escobar, Guzan

Out: Bello, Villalba, Kratz

22. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Atlanta acquires Mo Adams from the Chicago Fire.

"Adams, 22, was the No. 10 overall selection in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft...

A native of Nottingham, England, Adams obtained a U.S. Green Card on June 19 and will not occupy an international spot on Atlanta’s roster.

Adams will reunite with former Syracuse University and now Atlanta United teammate Miles Robinson where the two played the 2016 season together."

Also:

Team confirms Brek Shea is done for the year. This was one of the fears about his signature, as the man has regrettably had a Garza-like career with injuries. Hope he heals well.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  23. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious, what ever happened to Chris Goslin?

24. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I think he is one of the final contestants on 'The Bachelorette', but I don't watch the show so I could just be blowing this out of my arse.

Mabee repped this.
  25. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Good news, both Bello and Barco ('Bello and Barco' sounds like a 70's sitcom) are back on the training pitch.

Eleven Bravo and GunnerJacket repped this.