2019 Revs Pre-Season Roster Thread

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Nov 2, 2018.

1. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    I thought Franchino punched him.

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a different incident, on the training ground. And it was well deserved, even if the majority of people here blamed Franchino.

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't it the other way around? Deuce punched Franchino and got suspended. He also wasn't called up to the Nats for that time as well.

4. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Yes, Dempsey was suspended for the Franchino thing (2006) which was was two years after the broken jaw.
    2. He also broke Jimmy Conrad's jaw in 2007 with an elbow.
    3. I think he was hurt against ChiFi in a situation where his head was low, but he claimed that the defender (CJ Brown or Curtain) kneed him intentionally. The amazing thing was that he came back to play with the broken jaw within a month or so. And remember that he actually had hair back then (fairly long, in fact).

5. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That was Mauricio Castro, against the Fire where they moved their signage boards closer to the field to counteract Darius Barnes' long throw at the expense of player safety.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  6. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    It was CJ Brown who broke his jaw. Don't remember the specifics of the incident but I remember it was him.

7. pwykes

pwykes Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Auburn, MA
  8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Yeah, CJ is right - I remember it was one of MLS's tough guys. The ball was going out, Dempsey, if he were smarter wouldn't have risked injury by going for it the way he did, but CJ took no prisoners on that play.

9. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    That sounds like the incident with Rusty Pierce getting railroaded into the bench area against Mid-Michigan Bucks(?) and spraining an ankle. I saw that one close up.

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

11. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be depressed. When 45,000 EPL wannabe's, out of a crowd of 50,000, watch Chelsea FC's B team jab to a gentle 4-1 victory over the New England Genera...er "Revolution"... they will be so impressed by the Hapless House that Kraft Burns that surely they will come back for more of that good stuff. All is well.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1075830980026470400 is not a valid tweet id

15. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprising they passed. Not sure why they didn't take a flyer on one or two players and bring them to camp

16. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Laziness maybe?

eric_appleby repped this.
  17. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So far it looks like we could start:

Penilla-CaiceDos-Agudelo
    Caldwell-Caicedo-Fagundez
    Castillo-Delamea-Mancienne-Farrell
    Turner

Bench options: Bunbury, Zahibo, Angking, Bye, Wright, Somi, Anibaba, Knighton

That lineup is OK. LB and striker have been addressed. Weaknesses now are a #8 in the midfield and a left-footed attacking player.

18. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Agree 100%. I'd like to see Caldwell moved to the bench and Zahibo out of the 18. To do that we need to bring in an actual starting quality #8.

You have it set up as a 4-3-3, which works, but I kind of hope if Juan is going to be playing that he is moved more centrally in a 4-4-2 and Diego shifts out wide to the right. Diego is right footed, which means he is less likely to cut in and orchestrate like he did like last season, but he can still play a decent cross. The other option is to try playing him centrally anyway as a playmaker and bring in a better RW option (or maybe start bye??)

19. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like to see them upgrade Delamea. Like to see someone challenge Turner. Like to see a true starting DM added as well as an attacking option to push Fagundez. If Agudelo is a starter then they really have not improved that that much on offense. He is lazy and inconsistent.

20. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of those listed starters need a true challenger behind them. It’s a tall order to bring in that many.

21. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    4-4-2 also makes sense with our roster except I don't like giving Penilla that much defensive responsibility - I'd rather just have him posted high on the field, with his threat preventing the other team from pushing up. Although we could always play a fun 4-2-4 and try to win 6-5.

22. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    It would be nice to see Zahibo have a bounce-back season. I feel like he's capable of more.

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonder whatever happened with that convo they were going to have with Rennicks? I'm sure Burns just wow'd him.

TOAzer and pwykes repped this.
  24. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently the kid takes the time to talk to players before inking a John Hancock to the Burns. Next time let's focus on those sufficiently foolish to be fooled.

pwykes repped this.
  25. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Excuse my language, but how the actual ******** are we supposed to have any sort of faith in this team signing a TRUE DIFFERENCE MAKING DP CALIBER player, if we can't even WOW a ********ing college kid. Somebody get a pair of tits and a pitcher of PBR I got this.