2019 Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kyle Crew, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Noted MLS coaching genius Giovanni Savarese is watching his team be shredded by an expansion team as they've currently allowed ten goals so far through just under three games...

Draghignazzo repped this.
  2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #327 CrewDust, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    There are some bad team in MLS this season.

3. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Is this a Stormy joke?

Flyer Fan repped this.
  4. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I told my buddy at work, who is a Cincy casual, that they would have a good chance to win this week. Chara suspended left a giant hole in midfield for them. After getting smashed by LAFC last week, flying almost cross-country, no home games until June, no real signings in the offseason and an aging team.... yeah.

Portland got hot at the right time last year, but looking at the entire season, they were never the best team in the west.

For Cincy, who knew, playing your best players from the start, and in their best positions, and giving them actual tactics, helps!! Koch did none of that vs Seattle, and they got rightly smashed. His wised up and changed his lineup and tactics vs (tactical genius) Frank de Boer's Snoozelanta, and got a decent result. Playing at home vs a Portland B Team (they made 5 changes from last week), they should've won.

They are looking decent, but have only played one team playing well so far this year, which was Seattle. Atlanta has been trash so far, so has Portland.

5. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    38th minute, and even counting the Josef shot that just hit the crossbar, Philly has out shot Atlanta 4-3 so far. Train wreck Philly has out shot Atlanta at home, after 40 minutes. De Boer.....

And Josef just took some studs in the shin from Andre Blake.

6. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Philly should've just gone up 1-0, but Robinson saved a shot off the line just now.

7. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw on Twitter, Portland is only the second team in league history (along with 1998's San Jose Clash!!) to allow three or more goals in each of their first three games to start a season. Yikes.

8. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    18 year old Aaronson just out Philly 1-0 up v Atlanta. Amazing.

9. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    I went to the cincy game. A lot of casuals that cheered when it was clear portland was going to snuff out that attack. Also so many people were explaining offsides. But a general good atmosphere.

The most shocking thing was the lack of any tactics or even general motivation for portland. Players would not defend overlapping runs, and only played long balls. Valeri was getting so angry. I honestly have never seen an mls side play that badly in an mls league game. Even when crew lost 5-0 up a man they've played better.

10. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that I may just be old and cranky. But am I the only one who finds watching Atlanta United home games on TV viscerally unpleasant? The effing noise reminds me of a hockey game during a timeout. The horrible turf. Just the whole damned visual and aural experience is unpleasant to me. Feels engineered. More of a sound and light show performance than a soccer game. I tried watching last night and had to turn it off after 5 minutes.

TKyle and QuarkspaceDotCom repped this.
  11. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Protip: Mute every sports broadcast and put on your favorite Roy Orbison album.

But, yeah, the turf is bad, bad, not good. I was thinking the same thing watching the Cincy match. Shame, because I think Nippert is interesting from an architectural standpoint.

QuarkspaceDotCom repped this.
  12. QuarkspaceDotCom

Mar 14, 2000
    Deep in the Bluegrass Hinterlands
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    #337 QuarkspaceDotCom, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Chr1st and Minnman: EXACTLY.

I watched a minute each of Tide Pod FC’s last two games, before the fake turf made me change the channel... and this was with the iPod going hard providing the soundtrack. Atlanta’s turf is especially egregious.

MLS holds a similar status as the NFL in my heart. F over my team and our well-being? Great, then I will only watch the Browns and Crew.

Plastic grass. Plastic league. Plastic new fan smell?

crew2112, TKyle, Minnman and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    I have actually shot around and played pickup on Nippert's turf. It is actually quite nice. The broadcast definitely made it look so much worse than it feels being out there.

14. negativetouch

negativetouch Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I watched some of ATL this weekend too but the one that made me change the channel was NYCFC in Yankee Stadium. I guess I've never watched them but holy shit that looks terrible. I was embarassed for their players and even their fans.

Dan Milton, Tobias C and MLSinSTL repped this.
  15. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    If I recall correctly, the reason their field looked pretty bad is they just installed new turf and they're playing on it sooner than teams normally would.

Alneri and TKyle repped this.
  16. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reggie Canon is looking like a beast for Dallas today. He'll be off to Europe in the next year or two for sure.

Crew96Fan repped this.
  17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the 75th minute of the LAFC game and Guillermo (Jimmy Kimmel Live) just showed up and is doing some PbP.

18. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New England is total trash. If Friedel stays all years, NE will finish bottom of the East this year.

19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    There is Kekuta Manneh our performing all Columbus wingers in limited time....again.

20. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he can do that. Occasionally.

21. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
  22. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is streaker than my underwear after some skyline. He will score a few more and then go blank the rest of the season.

23. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
  24. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, well, Populous (formerly HOK) does design some amazing stadiums, and has a great track record in MLS, specifically. But swapping out your design architect a few months before you're supposed to break ground does seem a bit... odd.

25. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like TFC is suddenly pretty damned good again. Giovinco, who?