2019 National Team Thread [R]

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by EvanJ, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ES making light work of Guatemala tonight in LA.

La Trucha repped this.
  2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I forgot all about those images of Flores training with Selecta. He would’ve left BVB if he didn’t like it there, yet he stuck it out (all for nothing, really)

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That’s my bad when talking about Flores I meant during his stint with the US U20. I read that there were some issues which is why he wasn’t taken when they went to the WC.

La Trucha repped this.
  4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    As for yesterday’s game we looked good and had some trouble with Guatemala pressure in the second but overall a decent showing.

Of course my big gripe alongside what most people have stated, It’s a friendly why not use all your subs and also change the formation and experiment. Guatemala changed its form to better pressure and it worked albeit they didn’t score till extremely late but they were flexible while we weren’t.

5. WhyMe

WhyMe Member

Nov 7, 2015
    NYC
    #30 WhyMe, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    I hope Darwin gets used to sitting on the bench with the National Team too because his spot is Orellana's now and Monterrosa is on a roll to take him out would ruin chemistry.

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well considering how long he is out for this is for the best brig him on as a veteran off the bench if need be.

Orellana and Oscar should be abroad by now tbh.

7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The big difference i feel is the fact that we saw our U20 team disappear. The fact that most of those guys were at an age where they should have been making a bigger impact in the league and the NT. To see only 2 or 3 guys make it in the league is a bit underwhelming. And then as for the NT? Even worst. But it is what it is. Sorry for going back been busy with school and work.

8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    As for the game vs Guate, we played well the first half. Didn’t like the second half st all. The only reason Guate didnt score earlier is because they lack quislity finishing. A better team kills us and ties us.
    Liked the way Ceren and Orellana played. Agree with Grimm and they should def be abroad. Gotta say, that whole backline should be as well. Especially Jimenez. Dude is great 1v1 defending, is quick and is tall. Marcia is better than Dominguez though that’s experience. Monterossa did well in the middle but i think both him and Mayen there will leave us exposed a lot even with Orellana there. Rihana’s was subpar. Alas as well we gotta find another attacking outlet in the left because Rivas came in and offered nothing. Our bench doesn’t seem too deep sadly. Gotta hope we can get a good result against Jamaica especially now since Denis won’t be there.

9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It’s all good bro, glad to see you around and still posting. Once again I posted this way earlier in either this or another thread but it deserves echoing: FESA was a double-edged sword for a lot of these guys. They helped out tremendously with supplying the U20 with almost the entire squad and it helped us to qualify to the WC. Then in a cruel twist of fate them qualifying hurt their potential growth since FESA was going to jack up the price making them undesirable especially in El Salvador. I know FESA needed to get a return on its investment but keeping them around in the second division was a major mistake on their part as history has shown they don’t care about reaching the first division considering how many times they have sold their spot.

Which is it was infuriating that he didn’t use more subs earlier in the game so we can take a look at them or at least experiment with a 4-4-2 or 4-3–3 to see how they looked like. I wonder who will get called up now if anybody.

10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Don’t apologise :)

Did you attend the ES vs Guatemala friendly btw? Apparently the Banc of Cali stadium has a capacity of 22,000, so the 18,000+ attendees would’ve made the atmosphere quite electrifying!

11. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Thanks man, always good to see ES forum has some people kicking it around to keep it alive. But i agree, FESA pulled another regular Salvadoran business and killed what could have and should have been major success. And i thought they played third division soccer?

Im pretty sure I’ve said it before but if i haven’t i will now. De los Cobos will NOT bring us success. He has a starting 11, and has about 2 or 3 players that he would use off the bench and that’s it. I bet if it were up to him he would take like 14 players and leave it at that lmao

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yes i did. You can actually see me in the 3rd goal in the replay jumping around and being dumb lmao

La Trucha and Grimmjow316 repped this.
  13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They had actually moved up to the second division before the guys went to the WC and joined the club after finishing up. During that stint they did make the playoffs but failed to advance after that the sold whoever they could mainly to FAS and sold the spot right after. They have moved up on one other occasion only to sell the spot a few weeks later.

During that stint I believe channel 33 (could have been another channel.) bought their rights to air the home games that they played in the Cuscatlan.

14. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  15. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    La Trucha repped this.
  16. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    The call up for the Jamaica match
    [​IMG]

Blue_nation724 and La Trucha repped this.
  17. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I like Granitto and all, but do we really not have better forwards options than an NPSL player? Not even Fito Zelaya?

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I thought Darwin was still suspended?

19. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    If FIFA expands Qatar 2022 the we might actually have a chance at going to the WC.

20. ElChero

ElChero Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Anyone know if today's game will be broadcasted in the States?

21. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    No I couldn’t find any. The game starts at 7:00 pm pacific time 10:00 pm eastern.

ElChero repped this.
  22. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Looking for a mobile stream.

ElChero repped this.
  23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So the result we needed the most today to even have a chance at the “A” League next go around didn’t happen Guyana won when we needed them to draw against Belize. So we need to secure a win by a decent margin to make the Gold Cup that is all we have left.

24. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    El Salvador won 2-0, The goals were scored by Nelson Bonilla and the second was an own goal by Damion Lowe.

El Salvador is currently in 8th place with 9 points and +5 goal differential.

Keep in Mind only Top 10 qualify to the gold cup, so the Crucial games are

Dominican Republic vs Bermuda (A draw is the only positive result that will be beneficial for El Salvador)
    French Guinea vs Canada (We need Canada to win or draw with French Guinea)
    Barbados vs Nicaragua (we need Barbados to win or draw with Nicaragua)

If El Salvador misses out, blame will have to go on DLC for his horrible decision to take on striker in some of their earlier games and the away loss to Bermuda.