2019 MLS Schedule

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by aztec21bas, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the May games, it's nice, not too hot yet...but I agree 5 in the month seems a bit much...I'm going to 1st and 4th games.

2. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well after 10 years, the FO FINALLY figured out that games at night are better attended. Kind of difficult for the youth soccer players to attend games when they are in the afternoon, AT.THE.SAME.TIME.AS.YOUTH.SOCCER.GAMES!

Bought freaking time............

buzzkiller23 and Union42 repped this.
  3. Union42

Union42 Member+

Jul 29, 2013
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm torn on this. My kids are 5 (twins) and their games are in the morning, so I don't have the conflict with afternoon games (yet). The afternoon games are nice early/late in the season when it's freezing at night, plus they are early enough that I can take my kids and not keep them up way past their bedtime, saving $ on a babysitter.

That being said, I will probably feel differently when they are older, and the lower attendance is obvious for afternoon games. I still think early games are still a better option for colder weather since that also tends to suppress turnout (as does going head-to-head with Eagles games, but that's a different discussion).

cwelch999 repped this.
  4. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta..........

5. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice unpaved parking lot.

6. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    For a professional athlete he has surprisingly bad batting form. I expect there are some horrible outtakes out there somewhere.

7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders he is not.

Hell, Michael Jordan and Tim Tebow are better 2-sport players.

8. Union42

Union42 Member+

Jul 29, 2013
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He lived in Ghana until he was 14, 2/3 of his life. There's a pretty good chance he never even saw a baseball game prior to that, so not too surprising his swing isn't the prettiest thing I've ever seen. I can only imagine what I would look like swinging a cricket bat having only watched the sport twice in my life.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  9. wscottl

wscottl Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SE PA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like they could have asked around since the bat is used several times. Feels like he was the only guy in the parking lot that day and even had to borrow his Corolla.

10. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McDermott talked about potentially putting an open cup game at Franklin Field... I have questions about the field being up to standards from both a size and surface standpoint, and a LARGER. Ensue for open cup games seems strange, but it’s an interesting idea either way.

Exchanging tweets with Matt Ralph this morning, i think the smarter move would be to pump up the Sunday night DC United game as a 10th anniversary celebration. Move the game to the linc, so you have the same opponent and venue of our first home game and team win... pair that with the appeal of Rooney, I think that’d be a big success.

OldRetiredCoach repped this.
  11. Union-Jack

Union-Jack Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Willow Grove, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I love the idea of a 10th anniversary match as you describe, I fear the FO counter-offer would be "why do that when you can get your picture taken in the front seat of a garbage truck"....

LiverpoolFanatic and thomas19064 repped this.
  12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two matches will be broadcast on LiveWell this season ... that's two steps backward.

Only one nationally televised game.

28/34 on PHL17
    3/34 on 6ABC: Mar 2, Jul 6, Oct 6
    2/34 on LiveWell: Jul 13, Sept 25
    1/34 on FS1: Aug 4

http://phlunion.co/2sZoZZi

cwelch999 repped this.
  13. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Everything except August 4th OTA.... I can deal with that.
    Can't wait for our shitty studio away game broadcasts again.

buzzkiller23 and celt1997 repped this.
  14. ScottyMac26

ScottyMac26 Member+

Jan 13, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I’d be willing to donate my BestBuy rewards coupons for them to upgrade the monitor for JP an Tommy. They must make them watch on flip phones with the way those two miss calls or get it wrong when doing the away feeds.

thomas19064 repped this.
  15. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm going to be in Atlanta the weekend the Union play there and thinking about going to the game. Anybody been? Where is the away supporters' section? Will it just make me that much more envious? Should I go full on Union mode and get the one open seat in the 4th row near mid field? (Its actually a direct sale and cheaper than most of the other seats on certified resale on Ticketmaster...as a Union STH I was unaware that tickets could be sold for more than what I paid for them)

16. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we know that they're coming back for this season?

17. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SoBs probably organizing some sort of trip down there for away supporters section... I'd imagine secondary market in ATL is probably pretty pricey.

18. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Has anyone else noticed how jammed the schedule is in May? Then there's another home game June 6 and then no more home games for a month. 2A82243E-A21B-47B4-9DB2-0DDD4D45A1F5.jpeg

cwelch999 repped this.
  19. wscottl

wscottl Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SE PA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

ericlfd repped this.
  20. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier end date to the season + gold cup... they are really squeezing the schedule together.
    They are offering a BOGO package in May... I'd imagine it'll be tough to sell ALL of those games that month with so many close together.

21. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there in the fall for an event. Unfortunately, didnt get to go to a game (ATL were out of town). Stay near Centennial Park. Tons of stuff to do in walking distance, including the stadium. If you are doing touristy things, get the City Pass. It was worth it.

22. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I have family in the area about 90 min south of Atlanta so just going up for the game. Concur about things to do in Atlanta though - wide range of options for all ages. Still haven't decided if I'm going or not or where to sit if I do.

23. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kansas City advanced in Champions League last night.... (and they look GOOD)

Good news for the Union is, if SKC is putting resources towards champions league we may have better odds at a good result in week 2.....

SKC's upcoming schedule:

LASTS NIGHT: 2/28: @ Toluca

3/3: @ LAFC
    3/5: @ Independiente (Panama)
    3/10: Host Union
    3/14: Host Independiente

24. Union42

Union42 Member+

Jul 29, 2013
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Uncle Don will reschedule the game to midweek sometime in October so we will have to play 3 road games in 8 days when we'll be trying to snag a playoff spot during the final stretch of the regular season. I forget, didn't this happen to us last year too?

cwelch999 and thomas19064 repped this.
  25. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Seattle game was moved last year, but I'm pretty sure that was prior to the schedule release.