PBP: 2019 FIFA U-20 Cup Group Stage: USA vs Nigeria 5/27

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sebsasour, May 25, 2019.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Funny how at the youth level we emphasize technicality over physicality, while at the main team level it's usually been the opposite.

adam tash repped this.
  2. Sombrerito

Sombrerito Member

Arsenal
    United States
    May 6, 2018
    It’s changing with Berhalter as coach now

3. btlove

btlove Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2017
    Austin Texas
    It’s definitely racism. 100% of his posts in this thread has been about the same thing. He is not here to discuss soccer.

Thundering165 and DHC1 repped this.
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's upsetting that the moderators in this forum allow that person to state that our young black players have "low IQ" (modifying the post after) without doing anything about it.

Perhaps the Mexicans are correct and our soccer culture is permeated by such views. I know for sure anyone stating anything like that in any other forum on this site would have been carded.

Shame on @bungadiri, @TheFalseNine, @Real Corona & @Crimson Ace, you're part of the problem. You make us all look like troglodytes. Inept moderating, I'm probably more at risk of getting a yellow over this.

See what that individual "Timm" (who is on my ignore list already) posted, as quoted by "Cubanlix63":

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/20...-vs-nigeria-5-27.2103984/page-9#post-37815835

5. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Racism.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  6. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Great post.

Mods are quick to get threads back on topic but a pathetic racist gets a free pass. Sad!

Heist repped this.
  7. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    This is funny and ironic. One of the most prejudiced posters who often uses very simplistic generalities is upset a poster makes an idiotic prejudiced comment with generalities.

superdave and adam tash repped this.
  8. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    disagree with Suyuntuy as much as you want (and I do) but I can't recall him every writing something that was remotely racist.

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither can I. I think he may have offended some JK apologists, but who hasn't.

Thundering165 repped this.
  10. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I wrote prejudiced... and he does it all the time. Try something you are passionate about... dual-nationals.

11. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    I think he's the Grim Reaper of Yanks Abroad and goes soft on MLS players but primarily because they're not good enough in his mind to really criticize.

TLDR; it's a compliment for Suyuntuy to think you're shitty!