2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup: USA vs. Netherlands 11/2 7:00PM ET

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Thundering165, Nov 1, 2019.

1. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahaha Kayo said let me take everyone on.

2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I said last match I'm giving everybody a pass and I'll stick with that.

Memo to USSF: These u17 teams need a brain in midfield. Big picture was totally missing here. I don't agree the players didn't have desire. I think it just looks that way when you're getting pounded and I'm sure most of us know how that works from our beer league games.:oops:

3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    There you go, right? We need one guy to dribble, another to finish but where is the connection? There hasn't been a connection all nite.

4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Tab Ramos used to get better as tournaments progressed. Wicky seems to decline.

jjmack, zlatan_but_a_car and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations, you got 1 point. Woo hoo!

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The Dutch need another goal to be safe, the Chileans only got 4 yellows while they have 6, so if this stays this way, they'll be depending on the Tajiks not getting anything from Argentina.

And it's over.

7. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    wicky was terrible in the first match of qualifying iirc before peaking 45 minutes into the final

8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Japan is beating Senegal 1-0 with 1 minute left. We could get their sporting director but he doesn't speak Dutch.:whistling:

9. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The other conclusion I draw is that pro minutes in the U.S. leagues mean squat. So many of these guys have USL and MLS minutes. So what?

10. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Been a shocking 3 year period for the entire men's side of the US soccer bracket.

Poor kids, it's like a polish cavalry charge into a machine gun.

Marketing doesn't win soccer games, but it sure seems to win everything else around these parts.

TOAzer, Eighteen Alpha, wixson7 and 3 others repped this.
  11. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Japan and the African champs finished 1-2 in this group. Euro pedigree is so over-rated. They are Orc factories. We need to fire Earnie Stewart and take another direction. The Egg bros. can take a hike as well. Let's get some Yankee ingenuity into this program. We'll do tons better.

12. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    cmon man the u20s were the best soccer we have seen in my lifetime

ChicagoVT, jjmack, wixson7 and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Soccerfan12435

Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    I know some of these players are offered contracts by MLS teams hoping exactly that.

14. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess this sort of confirms that USL pro minutes mean jack shit.

Diceshooter repped this.
  15. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    With wrong tactics.That's why Tab is out and Wicky will be promoted. Hold the party line.

16. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah because these guys are totally the best, right? Robles, Atencio, Fuentes and Serrano also have pro minutes but who gives a sh*t about them.

17. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    and Tab the best coach. We have been blessed with so much good marketing that the soccer becomes irrelevant.

18. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    we've built a wall around them, get lost!

19. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    The worst part about this tournament, to me, was our embarrassing, anemic offense. 270+ minutes of pathetic goal less “possession” ball.

An abject failure of management that in a serious federation would mean Wicky’s job.

The stubborn refusal to play to our teams strengths and blindly insist on a failing system is depressingly familiar.

20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well, when Nederland scored they said it was their second goal of the tournament. They went on to score 3 more. And you say the offense was anemic? Not arguing with the facts but I think your perspective is oddly askew.

21. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One more pathetic performance by a US Men's team trying to implement a "system." That is:
    a - Not a good system
    and
    b - unsuited to the players trying to play it.

The staff at US Soccer appears totally incompetent at selecting talent, putting what they select together as a team or getting even average performances out of the players they have. (motivating players)

Of course the cancer that infects US Soccer peculates all the way down through the coaching ranks so I have VERY little hope for our men's program. The few good coaches that exist are almost totally ineffective because their abilities get overcome by the incompetence of most of the others.

22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    We need another third rate Euro coach in the U-20 to make them play The System™ properly, too.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    A team. A plan. Nederland.

TOAzer repped this.
  24. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I get the feeling they are trying to create the ultimate automaton without any regard whatsoever for the "game". At some stage you have to realize that the chess pieces are what they are and it's all about how you play them.

25. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    I also am highly suspicious of:
    1) The teams style reminded me what we see the Sr team trying to do. Can't believe that is an accident. And BTW, the results are the same. Little offense, few shots
    2) The sudden departure of Tab. Could it be that GB is trying to force his game plan all the way down through the youth ranks? Im sure Tab would not want to do that so maybe he quit or maybe he was given the choice to do as he's told or get out?

All I know is that what I saw looked too much like EGG ball for my liking. It doesnt work as we've seen at the senior level and now at the U-17 level. I have never been more discouraged than I am right now. We will not qualify for the WC at the senior level and now the youth teams are turning to $hit too. I think Ernie was a mistake and he is going to support GB until its too late to make any change

26. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Just watched a couple of replays. Not a very good team. Too bad. Would think that the US is still pretty close to world development standards for 16-year olds but guess not.