PBP: 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Semi Final: USA vs Jamaica

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Sebsasour, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'd say this was Bradley's best game since the one in the Azteca.

Girt, nobody, Mr Martin and 2 others repped this.
  2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I would raise Zardes to a 4.5 or 6. He gets the extra points for the clown effect. Making me laugh at my age after midnight is an accomplishment few can manage.

3. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This completely disregards the fact, it was the fancy stuff that got the ball to that part of the field in the first place.

Method repped this.
  4. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than one glaring mistake, I thought Cannon was good.

5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's weird to think of how many times I had to argue with people about Zardes being a mid not a 9. Zardes himself insisted on playing 9 and Berhalter was only too willing to amuse him. It worked ok at Crew but hopefully Berhalter now understands why Zardes is not a 9. Klinsmann also played Zardes as a mid where Zardes was actually quite good and Dempsey himself said Zardes had to be on the team after getting great service from Zardes sitting in deep mid.

that's the way it goes. too late now, Gyassi.

Marius Tresor and Bajoro repped this.
  6. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nice to see a US win. Got sloppy as hell second half though.

Despite Mexico not playing great the last couple games, I’m afraid the final is going to be a huge reality check for the US.

I swear each time Ream touches the ball it’s like watching slow motion.

How is Zardes even called into camp? Seriously, he’s one of the 2 best strikers in this country???

7. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Those goals Pulisic scored were a great pay-off for a player that every manager has said is a great practice player.

8. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... I find that Bravo makes a lot of sense... and his ratings are pretty spot on. IMO... the priority of this GC (aside from at least making the finals) was to identify the players in this group that are worthy for WC qualifying. CP and WM were no-brainers... but Cannon and Long and Steffen stepped up... add in Boyd.... and Bradley is still good enough to back up Adams. Now we need several guys to come back healthy and then bring in the U20 / U23 4/5 star guys to take it to the next level....

Eighteen Alpha, Method and Marius Tresor repped this.
  9. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Done, it worked. I'm now watching FS1 live on my Roku. It's good to have this back-up plan in case of a storm that knocks down my satellite link. Thanks for the tip! I think I should do this for all sorts of channels, then when there is a storm I'll just switch to the Roku, which is wired into my Pioneer receiver too, so I just toggle between the DISH receiver and the Roku 3 device by pressing one key on the Pioneer receiver's remote.
    What else is available, that I'd be able to link to my Roku without paying extra (just signing in with my DISH log in)?

10. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I spent too much time watching BigSoccer instead of the game... but I don't think Morris deserves a 2.

CMeszt repped this.
  11. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he really didn't have anything significantly to do w/ the build up on the 1st rebound.

The second, that was a mazy run, but he missed the pass, which Arriola recovered to receive and just put a quick shot on net.

Wasn't significantly involved in the first either. So maybe what you say is 1/4 true.

napper repped this.
  12. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GGG just isn't all that great?

13. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you're understating his impact on that position significantly, but agree to disagree.

14. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I've had so much to drink tonight that I didn't even notice this.

Somehow I got my TV off my roof tonight without destroying it. If you heard someone screaming "******** YEAH" around the South Loop around midnight, that was me.

See you all Sunday!

/oh, also drunkenly purchased that ugly-ass red jersey as soon as the game was over.

bungadiri repped this.
  15. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well you already know about ESPN. There is also an NBC sports app. There are also a LOT more that you will find in the channel store under "TV Anywhere" Dish may even have its own app, many providers do. Not every app works with all subs but you can test and keep what you like that works for you.

16. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Bought them two months ago. Kind of regret not splurging on better seats, but still got a good deal with club seats for 65 bucks each. Can guarantee you're not going to be able to find them for that now.

17. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Yep, I just signed up for NBC Sports too, and it's working. Dish Anywhere, I already have, but for live programming it requires a connection with my Dish receiver, so, when the Dish signal is down due to a storm, unfortunately Dish Anywhere is down too, which is pretty stupid if you ask me. That's why these Roku streaming apps come in handy.

So now thanks to you I have all the Fox sports channels including FS1 and FS2, all NBC ones, and I already had all ESPN including ESPN+ which I have to pay $5 per month, extra (I do pay; it's worth it, it features the Italian Serie A and it is showing all Copa America games).

It's late now, so I'll stop adding things and go to sleep. Tomorrow I'll explore what else is available (I'm talking about sports - I do have the other stuff like Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, PlutoTV, etc).

Thanks for this tip, I don't know how I had never thought of it before; it looks like now I'll be much more protected against loss of satellite signal. There is nothing more irritating for satellite customers than a storm with lost signal in the middle of an exciting game. Thankfully it seems like the streaming technology now came a long way; it's in HD and steady, unlike in the past. Actually my brand new Roku TV that I bought a couple of weeks ago has 4K. I haven't tried any 4K content yet but I'm excited to explore it, soon.

Have a nice 4th of July!

18. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Agreed.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    In no universe is Ream deserving of a 6 while Morris is deserving of a 2.

Bajoro and ifsteve repped this.
  20. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Since Ream was captain this game, is Zardes going to have the armband in the final? Lol

21. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FWIW: You can even drop your Dish sub and use Sling, Playstation Vue and many many other streaming services to gete virtually everything you get through Dish and it is usually quite a bit cheaper. Of course you still need a good internet connection but most of us have that anyway.

When I completely dropped my Spectrum TV package my net bill for all the TV I needed dropped by almost $40.00 a month and I have found other savings since. I now have more TV than I had before and I am paying nearly $50.00 less per month. That amounts to nearly $600.00 per year in savings with no loss in available programing. That is a LOT of beer.

One recommendation: Research the channels you get VERY carefully as they are different with each provider and providers have different packages. ex. Sling if you want both all the Fox channels and all the ESPN channels you have to subscribe to their Orange and their Blue packages. Total is a little over $50.00 per month for those combined with something like 50 hours of DVR. (Slings DVR does NOT record ESPN but that does not matter because everything on ESPN is made available a few hours after the live broadcast. Oh, you get most locals too.

It is more complicated to use 100% online services but, for me, the savings and other advantages are well worth the complexities.

22. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Kinda cool that he'll be playing for Frank.

23. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I mean, yeah, sure, but why am I not able to admit that?

24. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    I hear you. I've thought of dropping DISH which is quite expensive. The reason I haven't is their ability to split the screen four ways and show four simultaneous games. In College Football season, that's precious. Also their DVR is pretty good with something like 250 hours of storage (I never went above 7% of its capacity).

As far as I know, all these streaming apps are full screen and you can't do picture in picture or split screen; much less, four-way splits. This is the one reason I still pay for this huge satellite bill.

It's neat too, because I can enjoy my wife's company on the couch when I'm watching sports. She doesn't like sports, but I can use the 4-way screen to tune to one of her favorite shows while I watch games on another channel, or two, or even three. Before I had Dish, if I was watching a game, she'd go to another room to watch her shows on another TV. Now we can be together.

Actually, there is another reason.

When I'm traveling, the Dish Anywhere feature is pretty neat too, since it gives me access to my local TV market (like I said, it links to my Dish receiver at home). So if I'm away from home in another state or even another country, I can still watch my local channels with my local teams (e.g. Carolina Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes).

25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh I’m still torn on Frank the coach. He is looking to do a youth movement and he’s a smart guy but Chelsea is a massive step up from Derby. The transfer ban and some key injury’s is going to make it a difficult first year. I know all the talk is about change but when it comes to Chelsea I’ll believe it when I see it.