2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup: Mexico vs Cuba; June 15, 2019

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Jun 11, 2019.

1. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    Right... not because Mexico played their hearts out. It had nothing to do with Mexicans that played that night. Thnaks for clearing that shit up.

2. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    there was a gold cup where we.... Didn't beat them!

Sanchito repped this.
  3. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    It's a really strange position to take.

It reminds me of those people that said the same about France in 2010. It's true that they were in turmoil and had locker room issues but that game vs Mexico was crucial for them since going into that game they were still in a position to advance. They lost to Mexico and their WC hopes went up in flames. It doesn't matter that Germany lost to Korea as well last year.....they played Mexico in the opening game of the group and both teams knew their chances of advancement rested on getting a result in that first game. Mexico had its best game vs Germany while the Germans found it hard to recover after losing to Mexico and they were not able to adjust at all.

If your argument relies on hindsight then you end up with shitty observations.

4. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I think using hindsight to clarify is legitimate when you have the right amount of information. Had Germany gone through and lost badly to some fringe contender, I'd feel a bit more comfortable thinking there was just something off about Germany this tournament. But they did walk to the WC in qualifiers, and in UEFA, not CONCACAF.

Man that is one of the most memorable groups I've witnessed in my lifetime. Horribly tainted by the match vs Sweden.

DaTruth and LaMascara repped this.
  5. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    "It was the worst Germany ever!"

[​IMG]

chris2787 and DaTruth repped this.
  6. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #131 GrandeSoccer, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    they also tied a really good Uruguay team in their opener, but yeah they just went up in smoke after the loss to Mexico lmao

also IIRC the last team to beat Germany before we did was France at the Euro

...In my defense repped this.
  7. Facking revisionist history.

Pre June 17 2018

News: Germany rolled through qualifiers blitzkrieg style.

Media: Germany favorites to win 2018 World Cup

Mexicans: We are just hoping not to get ass raped by them.

Rest of world: Germany is going to ass rape them

June 18.

Nads and cangrejos: gErMaNy aIn't SHiT

Pendejadas.

La cagaron con Suecia? Si
    Le ganaron a Alemania? A huevo.

DGreat, Skuzzy, Sanchito and 4 others repped this.
  8. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

9. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Mexico always plays their heart out bro, tell me something i dont know. In the elite knockout stages Mexico has always played their hearts out. Nevertheless, in the final rounds you need more then heart, you need heart, luck, talent and a winning mentality. Mexico has the heart, luck here and there, definitely talent, but lack the mentality. Im always here to clear things out, in case there was a bit of confusion to say the least, indeed.