2019 Boy's DA Cup Winter Showcase

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by jeff_adams, Dec 3, 2019.

1. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    These games count as the second round of qualifying for the brand new "DA Cup" competition for U-19 and U-17 teams. Play begins this Weds (Dec 5) for the U-19s and Thurs for the U-17s. Eight groups of 4 teams and the group winners will advance to the third and final round quarterfinals in a spring tournament. I'm not sure if ties will be decided with Penalties with the winning team getting 2 points and the loser 1 point, but that is how they have done the tie games in the GA Cup competition so I'm thinking they will do that here.

If you come across clickable links to game streams, please post them in this thread. US Soccer will be live streaming some games and here is the tentative schedule (subject to change I think, especially the final day's games). Not sure if it will be on YouTube or Twitch. I'm told they will be streamed from the US Soccer website.

12/4 U-19s 11am NY Red Bulls v Oakwood SC
    12/4 U-19s 2pm San Jose Earthquakes v Shattuck-St Mary's
    12/5 U-19s 3:30pm NYCFC v Seattle Sounders
    12/5 U-17s 5:45pm Patedores v San Antonio FC
    12/6 U-17s 11am Houston Dynamo v Richmond United
    12/6 U-17s 2pm RSL v SKC

ussoccer97531, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
  3. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
  4. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    What I'm really looking forward to seeing here is which 2004 players emerge as contenders for the next U-17 player pool. The San Jose Earthquakes U-17s start anywhere from 4-6 players born in 2004 (so basically half the team). None of them have been invited to a camp, so I hope they show well and get the chance to impress the US Soccer scouts.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  5. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    You can find the twitter streams on this page for the Winter Showcase.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/home.php

Red Bull U-19s up 1-0 on Oakwood Academy right now.

The San Jose Earthquakes U-19s will play at 2pm EST. They could start up to 3 players born in 2003. #5 Casey Walls at LCB, #33 Tarun Karumanchi at either the six or maybe RCB and #44 Cade Cowell at left wing. One of the Quakes most dynamic players is #3 right wing Aaron Edwards. He will remind you a little bit of a young Clint Dempsey.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  6. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Earthquakes 05 class which dominated the China tournament is special. Hopefully we see a couple of them get ynt call ups.

7. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty notable performance from the u19 games was Pearse O'Brien. He is a 2004 and played well today against the NYRB u19's and scored the game winner. He outperformed Dantouma Toure who is pretty widely regarded as one of the top 2004 prospects.

jeff_adams repped this.
  8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  9. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    3-1 San Jose Earthquakes over Shattuck Saint Mary’s U-19s. 2003 Cade Cowell with 2 goals and one assist. Quakes were superior athletes at pretty much every position.

10. Jack0503

Jack0503 Member

Liverpool FC
    Sep 24, 2018
    Philadelphia union 19s defeated Miami rush 3-0, Patrick bohui, jack devries and axel picazo had the goals

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. Deevee

Deevee Member

Arsenal
    Germany
    Oct 27, 2019
    Solar DA U19 defeated Columbus Crew 2 - 0 today, both goals by Bailey Sparks

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. Cibo

Cibo New Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I was able to watch some of the EQ matches in Kansas City hoping to see Cade Cowell play. Unfortunately he didn't play much due to just returning from injury. I was also told that EQ regularly starts three 04's on the back line which surprised me although Homegrown player 03' Casey Walls also played with the 17s so the two center backs alternated starts. Both 04 center backs were calm under pressure, fast and strong. The 04 left back was also very fast, technical and created several goal scoring opportunities. I did watch Cade today playing with the 19's and his performance did not disappoint.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  13. Arantes

Arantes Member

Fluminense
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2018
    I had never noticed how young the Crew's crew is. If not the youngest roster in the entire U19 DA setup, they are up there.

14. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cade needs to work on his foot skills but he is too athletic for this level. He needs more minutes with Reno where he can't get away with being so much faster and stronger than everyone.

USSoccerNova and Cibo repped this.
  15. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Dante Sealy's hot streak is continuing. Dallas won 4-1 and Sealy scored all four goals yesterday against Charlotte Independence u19's in the DA Cup.

16. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    While I’m sure Cade would love to get more professional minutes, it should be pointed out that this is actually the first game above the U-15 level where he has put in a dominant offensive performance. I would argue that he needs to string a few games like this together before we call him too good for this level.

USSoccerNova and David Kerr repped this.
  17. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Not watching the game but I just heard 2004 center back Alejandro Cano scored early goal for San Jose against FC United U-17s. Quakes added a PK and are up 2-0.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  18. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Close finish with Quake’s U-17s beating FC United 3-2. Sounds like a late PK goal from 03 sub Salvador Aguilar for the game winner.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. Jack0503

Jack0503 Member

Liverpool FC
    Sep 24, 2018
    Union U19’s won 3-0, don’t know who scored, u17s beat vardar 4-3 in good game, Sean Bettenhausen Paxton Aaronson and Anthony Ramirez 2 had the goals

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    So i'm 25 mins into NYCFC vs Seattle and can somebody tell me whether Julio Lansade is a US citizen kid is obviously the most skilled player on the field a little frail but still.

21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Listed as French nationality by the DA website.

22. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Offff course :rolleyes:

23. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NYRB 17's got blanked by Chicago Fire 3-0. It is sad to see that Chicago has such a talented group of players that they will ruin.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  24. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    Is it possible they have a new philosophy starting with this strong group? That was my impression, but really have no idea.

25. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 David Kerr, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    No idea. But Chicago should have the strongest team at every age group with no exceptions. The two largest metro areas in the countries (LA and NYC) each have 15 DA teams competing for kids. The third largest area by a pretty decent margin is Chicago. How many DA teams are in that area? Only three...not to mention they get the best players from their Indianapolis affiliate (how they got Allan Rodriguez and Cam Lindley) and the only other non Chicago DA within a 4 hour radius of Chicago is St Louis. All of Wisconsin, Grand Rapids, South Bend/Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, and central Illinois are areas that should be dominated by the Fire. That club should be blowing every other MLS academy out of the water.

Currently the owner does not pay attention to what other clubs have done because there have been reports of wanting to shut their academy down. They already shut down their u19 team this year and do not have a USL affiliate. Hopefully the u19 team comes back next year but who knows.

That club has lost out on Cam Lindley, Mauricio Pineda (possibly), Andrew Gutman, Andrija Novakovic, Emmanuel Sabbi, Axel Alejandre, Damian Las, Chris Mueller, Elijah Rice, Brad Dunwell, Peter Schropp and more. They have signed Grant Lillard, Djorjie Milalovic, Andre Reynolds, and Gabe Slonina recently. So out of all their players born from 1995 and later from the greater chicago/indiana/illinois/wisconsin area they have managed to sign 4 homegrown players. Out of the old school MLS teams Chicago is by far the worst with their academy and it is not even close (yes, they are worse than Houston, Columbus, and New England). I hate being a Fire fan.