2019 Away Game Trips

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Ch(Elsey), Jan 12, 2019.

1. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone is worried about Cincy ticket, FCC just put single game tickets on sale an hour ago!

TKyle and TheUltra repped this.
  2. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a link to FC StabbyLion's current prices and seating availability for the match against the Crew: https://ci1.glitnirticketing.com/citicket/web/stadiumg.php?event_id=56&status_id=2&refresh=&refresh=

Apparently, you can't get seats in Section 215 (the "visitor seating") from FCC; I'm assuming you can only get those seats through the Crew or maybe Nordecke. I'm curious about how that will work.

If you click on neighboring sections 214 and 213, it says "tickets are not available in this section." I am assuming that, since this will be a high demand game, that FCC is holding those tickets back for Crew supporters, since they are the adjoining two sections.

Tickets are available in the next section over--212. They are currently listed as $25 each. Even in this section, there is a big block of seats listed as "not available." Since those are higher up in the section than the "available" seats, I'm assuming they are not sold yet but are on hold.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  3. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I am going to probably head to this game as well. Let me know where I should get tickets.

Crew96Fan repped this.
  4. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I am going to try to make this game, probably driving from Columbus. Any advice on where I should park my car if I join up with 31Crew for the bus ride to bridgeview?

I'm considering just doing what I did last time I was in chicago, and just parking the car at Midway.

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flying Southwest to Midway might be cheaper. And faster. I did that once for a game at Soldier Field (not MLS).

6. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will do! I have tweet notifications turned on for NorOnTour. They usually seem to be the ones that usually tweet away tickets!

Kryptonite and hungariansteven repped this.
  7. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that we are working on things but likely will have a bus/large fan taking us to/from Bridgeview from our home bar in Wrigleyville. There aren't great parking options but there are either meters or a few garages that can be looked into.

At worst, you can either park at the stadium and then we'll all go in together or keep the car at Midway and take one of the city buses that will go to the stadium.

hungariansteven repped this.
  8. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I may just fly like others have said. Though we have the companion pass so now I may need to bring the fiance.

9. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And absolutely. The easiest no hassle way to do this is fly SW to Midway and bus to the game. I did that before.

edit: Round trip right now is showing for about $175

Draghignazzo repped this.
  10. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's a pleasant drive between LA and San Jose on the 101.

TKyle repped this.
  11. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't pay the hotel rates to park your car. https://spothero.com/

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

don gagliardi repped this.
  13. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you pack me in a suitcase? Kidding, of course! This thread is making me love you guys more, but also causing a bit of a jealousy bug. I really wish I could concretely commit to at least one away game. Metrostars may be my only one with how the cookie (schedule) crumbled.

I took so many trips to away games from '03-'08. In hindsight, being a carefree kid was not too shabby.

14. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

I've never been to an away game. The chicago draft trip was the first time I've ever traveled away from Columbus with Crew fans. Really want to do more, but have to limit the ones I do to save for the wedding. 2022 will be great, though.

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a maybe on the suitcase request?

16. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I do get a free suitcase with Southwest!

17. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geeg called to say he bought my family tickets for the Cincy game. Guess what? I just realized that date is the day before the semester starts. As a project manager who, you know, manages projects dealing with higher education, not a chance in hell exists that I will be able to make that game. Not a ********ing chance. Sad Chelsey. How much weight can you put in a suitcase?

hardhead repped this.
  18. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm eyeing the Orlando July match to coincide with a visit to my parents in Tampa Bay. My good friends (and primary collaborators) just got a job at U.Florida and are living in Gainesville. I figure this way I a) see the Crew away b) see Orlando's stadium with my friends c) see my friends' new house and d) my kids' get a good time with their grandparents.

I'm also on a trip for a conference in DC around Memorial Day Weekend. It looks like the Fire will be playing at Audi field. I'll probably check it out--but I'm sad it doesn't coincide with a Crew visit. My friend who took me to a Rapid Vienna match will be there, so I'll take him.

No way I can make the Cincinnati away match because of the beginning of the semester.

TKyle repped this.
  19. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh.
    Sleep is overrated.
    This is Hell Is Real!
    Where are your priorities?!?

Draghignazzo and don gagliardi repped this.
  20. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For reals. Going to the game and then teach the youth of America the next morning!

21. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Yep. You'll have a new semester in a few months but this is the inaugural Hell is Real.

22. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something can be said for having a timeline and sticking to it won't require a "day before semester" binge work day. Just saying that Hell is indeed Real.

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a post in the Nordecke Facebook page with the following information...don't buy tickets for the game in Cincinnati because NorOnTour will have them for the group seating area.

TheUltra repped this.
  24. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Whatever the limit, it's probably too much for Zak.

Kryptonite repped this.
  25. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My family is looking at taking some long weekend trips this summer as a week vacation may be impossible for my wife after starting a new job last year. Unfortunately there isn't a single away game in driving distance during the summer. DC, Chicago and KC are not available and Cincy is late on a Sunday after my kids are already back in school. Maybe Chicago on the Wednesday could work, but not ideal for minimizing vacation days.

So much for an away trip this year as a family. I'm going to do my best to make Cincy with friends.