Review: 2019 Audi Field Experiences

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends...

Falc, dadman, griffin1108 and 4 others repped this.
  2. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    On what?

3. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    on keeping your hands out of your pockets...*

*applies to both sexes (and also you in-betweeners)

TowsonDad and Winoman repped this.
  4. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    There were tickets in 129 last game that were under the STM price even before fees were taken out. We were at the beach house and couldn't sell our tix so I traded them in for more FAM ... guess I'll get myself a Zoltan Steiber autographed ticket stub from last year's opener to go with the stack of inaugural season cups my son started collecting this year.

Winoman repped this.
  5. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Well that tells you that they're prolly not spending for next year so much while they wait to find another aging circus lion on a free.

Wait, your rep talks to you?

Winoman repped this.
  6. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Dammit moment right here ... I just realized that they scheduled the team meet and greet, right smack dab in the middle of the youth soccer season. 90% of the kids between 5-18 sitting in that stadium have got to have a game during that event. Other than getting more attendance, why wouldn't they have this on a Sunday afternoon?

sitruc, shawn12011 and Winoman repped this.
  7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh right, I remember RSVPing to that but don't really remember when it is :)

8. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sitruc repped this.
  9. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    I was speaking about wet spots on the field. What are you talking about?

10. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Most select team soccer is on Sunday afternoons.

11. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    yup - I've called him up many times, and has been incredibly helpful - two years ago to help me thru the initial seat selection process [actually, that - that was the gal before my current rep] - then last year to help me change to two season tickets - then several times this year to help me manage FAM and get the super-upgraded experience, and then just last week to swap my two seats for Sept 22 and use FAM to get three seats together

Winoman repped this.
  12. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    My old rep was like that and beyond, but the new kid is flat out awful.

13. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gong from the full season to a 4 game plan I hardly ever talk to my rep any more.

ejs1111 repped this.
  14. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    wait, what?!

squeegees also help in these kinds of situations...

15. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Well, if you have a Brazilian maybe, otherwise, OUCH!

16. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    My ticket rep called me yesterday to talk about renewing. I didn't tell him I won't be renewing but I did listen to his spiel. As others have said, there is a lock in offer for seats at the same price for the next two seasons.

He said my seat way up at the top in 104 which is now $35 would go up to $40 or $45. I really don't know how sustainable $45 is for a top row seat, the view is still good but that is starting to get cost prohibitive.

He mentioned some sort of price reduction on the South stand.

I don't remember what the other stuff was, I was at my desk at work and kind of half listening. I will keep an eye out for the email but it doesn't really matter, I'm not renewing. Just doesn't make financial r other sense for me anymore. I don't make the late Wednesday or Sunday games and the benefits of STM don't feel like a real benefit anymore.

On the positive side, for the games I do go to next year I will be free to scout out more locations I have not sat in and I'll arrange the 1-2 yearly family visits plus probably one work outing.

One other option is joining Bara or SE or DU and just hanging in 130.

sitruc, dadman, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  17. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Shit, I have a full season and never talk to this kid. Last one was aces, but the current kid is useless. I looked at the stm site yesterday as I finally went looking for the renewal terms to get the price and brief back to the wife and have the discussion. My old rep was brand new when we moved from half to whole season and he's now the 2nd longest serving even our new guy last year who was brand new is almost half way up the list.

Deck chairs keep falling overboard as the ship starts to lean.

18. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And yet the talking heads in the FO don't get this thought process.

19. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    I'll be curious to see the response from my rep now that I officially sent in the not renewing form.

I asked him to send me info on the limited game plans but if they include weekday and Sunday matches it is really a non-starter for me.

dadman and ejs1111 repped this.
  20. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We are on a four game plan. Picked our own games not locked in. It worked for us. I picked a Friday, Saturday and two Sunday early games.

dadman, D C B 2 3, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  21. hoys

hoys Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have two passes for the Meet the Team event at Audi Field tomorrow that I can’t use. Anyone here want them? Message me if so.

22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Hard tickets I can pick up? LOL j/k

Thx,

Jay!

shawn12011 repped this.
  23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I suppose it's worth mentioning that a light show was put on with the LED field lights on Wednesday. Most teams do that. Someone in the front office must have noticed.

song219 and Winoman repped this.
  24. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    Here's the response from my rep after I opted out for 2020:

With respect to the scheduling, it’s unfortunate because the league controls all of that, and with our relation (geographically) to Nats park we do have some days that are off limits. We’ve let the league know our thoughts on the schedule we were provided and are hoping to see some changes next year.

With respect to the benefits, that’s something that will continue to evolve as the stadium continues to develop. I know our management has expressed the desire to provide a more exclusive member experience which may include member only happy hours prior to the match or a bar that is accessible for non-premium members as well. From what I’ve heard there should be some significant changes to maximize (currently) unused space in the stadium. Personally, pretty excited to see the changes this offseason.

My decision not to renew still rests mainly on timing/scheduling: Too many Sundays and Wednesdays for me and too late start times even if I wanted to go to those matches.

The second bit is a response to my comments about missing the old Champions Club where all STMs could gather. (I'm also cheap and I miss the two-beer double fist which was still cheaper than a single beer at Audi.) When we were under construction I thought the the future Eagle Bank Club was going to be something for everyone, it was a real let down to learn that is was not.

Winoman, shawn12011 and TimB4Last repped this.
  25. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Thats mostly a line of corporate double talk. WRT benefits, they've only downgraded and gotten more vague with what they are offering. This meet the team event what a joke how it was executed and how it was scheduled. They managed to hit the opening weekend of most teams in VA and I saw a couple kids in assorted MoCo soccer association gear who looked to have come straight from a game. And the only way you're making that event if your kid has a game and prioritizes playing over socializing is if you played early. We played at 8:30 out near Dulles. Had snack and high tailed out onto the Toll Rd. We parked and walked in close to 11. Waited 20 minutes on the Rooney fastpass line, dropped a jersey off in the team store for personalization, bought food, hit Canouse & Mora's line then rolled down to the the Hamid fastpass, ran into a line to chat with Ben, then waited to meet Quincy, walked up onto the field level, met Seitz and took PKs. Dude running the PKs actually had the nerve to be annoyed when he kicked me the ball and I gave it back to my kid to take a 2nd shot, then picked up the jersey at the teamstore and we were out of there at about 20 to 1:00. We actually saw some guy in a bright green GK jersey still waiting to get in to meet Rooney from when we walked out of the teamstore, which must have been awfully disappointing. He was done and dusted when walked in there. There's no way you get through meeting everyone in the time scheduled for the event without the fastpasses.

Also a bit of cockshit that they basically hosted a Day to Unite event earlier in the morning up in the club, presumably for the club lvl STMs which is why several of the bigger names got to their tables late. The team still owes the STMs a kids clinic and an open practice. I have no idea when they're going to get that in, since you can't do midweek stuff now, with the kids back in school and most Saturdays eaten up with youth soccer. Even Sunday's, someone said there's MoCo youth select, so who ya gonna screw? I think this all still a function of not having properly trained or allocated staff. My wife works in events, she's organized & executed inaugural balls and a host of things some of you would recognize. This looks like someone in marketing put together in a couple of hours. Kids could have been much better entertained, especially with the Rooney/Hamid/Acosta lines being what they were.

I love when the team has a midweek happy hour starting at 5, like who gets there in time to get "the deal"? Someone told me the $5 beers were 12oz cans as opposed to the 24oz cans we pay $13 for? Its not much of a deal of thats actually the terms. The team knew what the scheduling terms were going to look like when they accepted this plot of land so I find their efforts very half assed, especially when the last two seasons combined at RFK, I don't think we had 5 Sunday/mid-week night games compared to more than 5 of EACH here this season. Other teams do more of their general fans than DCU does for their STMs and even their club members frankly.