Review: 2019 Audi Field Experiences

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Feb 25, 2019.

1. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    So does building adequate facilities to host more than one game at a time.

Winoman and sitruc repped this.
  2. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    Yes! And a funky giant antique store called the Thieves Market if I recall correctly.

3. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    I don't recall that but it may have been later. There was a great Greek diner named Andreas right there on route one. As young teens we'd steal out of the house at night and walk a couple of miles just for a pizza there.

For you Maryland folks I could offer up tales of misadventure at the drive in movies on Indian Head Highway.

dadman and Winoman repped this.
  4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    FWIW, I'm down by EagleBank right now. I wanted to take photos of the tarps that were installed to block the Sun since that meant there was a large team logo on the exterior. The large sun blocking tarps are gone. Only the smaller ads remain.

ejs1111 and asitis repped this.
  5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    39 Steps Coffee Haus is a London based coffee house with three locations in the London area. They have plans for a location in DC. The bike valet area is covered in signage promoting it including requests for a "CV" (know your market). Is the bike valet going to become the 39 Steps Coffee Haus? Is it part of the EagleBank retail?

6. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    I hope that does not mean the bike valet is gone, it's pretty popular and key to my parking for free.

Winoman repped this.
  7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    If for whatever reason I forget a lock (I have), the valet is useful. Otherwise, the location is inconvenient.

8. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    The inside of AF is excellent. It's up to us fans to reestablish our social suite outside

Adler and tallguy repped this.
  9. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    I was edited

10. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just checked out how many tickets are still available for the US game next week...YIKES

JayRockers! repped this.
  11. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    #1 Its a midweek game
    #2 Its a friendly
    #3 Its an opponent that no one gives a damn about
    #4 Tickets were priced insanely
    #5 MLS's compressed schedule has made it hard to even justify another night out for soccer, for soccer fans in this town. The die hard AO's, you're always going to get them, but rest of us who go to a lot of games or the casual fans, there's no draw. Not like this is Argentina, France or England, someone that people would be drawn to.

My midfield preferred seats were marked up 315% above my STM price and easily $50 above DCU's flex pricing for midfield preferred seats.

As much as we bitch about Levien and Kaplan, I am willing to bet that if DCU were run by the USSF, things would be sooooo much worse.

dadman and sitruc repped this.
  12. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    They'd be wondering where to move to after failing in St. Louis or becoming the 4th team in MLS to be contracted.

dadman repped this.
  13. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are 13 sections with 100+ tickets still available for USA vs Jam. Several with more than 75.

Only three sections are sold out. 130, 136, 137. Two AO sections and one other.

14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It's a midweek exhibition against Jamaica.

UnitedBorn repped this.
  15. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    136/137 aren't sold out, they are just being sold via the US ticket account manager and not ticketmaster.

shawn12011 repped this.
  16. ejs1111

ejs1111 Member

Aston Villa | DC United
    Mar 1, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Whats the over/under for the USMNT game attendance?

I'm going with 10k

17. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    dadman repped this.
  18. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  19. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Horrid time getting away from the stadium last night. Traffic around the stadium, in particular the residential area just to the north, is horrible. Left the stadium quickly after the Wednesday night game, and got up to the Route 74 bus stop at the corner of P St & 1st St, SW. And waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. Instead of a bus within 12 minutes, a bus finally appeared coming down the wrong street and then turning away from us. Traffic was so bad, the bus driver decided to go down different streets and not bother with a primary stop. Finally, an hour after the game, a bus showed up.

And this was on a Wednesday night sparsely attended game.

fatbastard, sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  20. Perthsaint

Perthsaint New Member

St Johnstone
    Scotland
    Feb 26, 2019
    You might want to look into the ownership of 39 Steps Coffee Haus.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  21. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acosta replacement?

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Of course I noted they were gone last week. They couldn't survive a couple of weeks? They didn't look that bad. I'm calling bullshit. How much did they cost versus just finishing the ********ing plan?

The bullshit LEED gold certification happened yesterday. Where are the solar panels after that grant they bragged about?

23. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Hanging out with the missing roof panels. But hey, we did get to hear a rousing spoken acoustic anthem before the game from somebody from the Green Construction Council or whatever ....... It's times like last night when I realize I'm far too self-conscious to actively promote the type of bullshittery necessary to be in business.

fatbastard, asitis, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  24. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Don't leave out that woman who was talking about something and said she would keep it short if people made noise. She didn't keep it short.

Winoman, griffin1108 and asitis repped this.
  25. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DCU will play Philly in the USOC on June 12 at 7pm. They will play at Audi Field. Obviously it makes sense, but I am really going to miss these Soccerplex games...

Winoman, song219 and fatbastard repped this.