Review: 2019 Audi Field Experiences

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Feb 25, 2019.

1. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    There’s a season here for DCU too. If you don’t continue to improve your product, people aren’t going to come. They’ve been good, haven’t won the title their regular season record indicated they should have. They haven’t replaced Henry. They just sold their best young player with no replacement in sight.

Their stadium isn’t super accessible so any failings are magnified.

2. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's a strip club!!!! You guys have been holding out on me!!!!! :D

Winoman repped this.
  3. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not just a club, there's an entire MALL!!

:whistling:

dadman and Winoman repped this.
  4. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All I hear about is Buffalo Wild Wings and some other restaurants but there is a Strip Club Mall!!!! :(:D:D:D

5. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    But is it snooty? :)

ejs1111 and Winoman repped this.
  6. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It must be. Not a sag in the lot. :)

GumbyG and asitis repped this.
  7. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Attendance was terrible last season as they were winning the Shield. The team's not the problem.

John L repped this.
  8. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    N------------A-----------K------------E-------------D

9. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    Yesterday in one of the west restrooms and a urinal and half the sinks were broken. Pretty careless to not get them fixed by game time.

10. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    The FO simply trying to recreate the old "RFK ambiance" so beloved on this forum.:)

11. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    yesterday the lines for the mens room was so long we contemplated using the ladies room which had no line....

12. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Try the Family Room on the lower concourse.

13. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Previously I've taken Metro to L'Enfant Plaza and then the 74 Bus to Audi Field. Yesterday with nice weather and an afternoon game, I used the Water Taxi from Old Towne Torpedo Factory to Marina at the bottom of Nats Park. Nice ride of about 40 minutes with 10 minutes to Audi Field. And gets you there more than 30 minutes before kick-off. And getting there back in time for the ride back was no problem.

But it is pricey at $25+ for a round trip. And then parking. I'll go back to my original path.

ImNumberTen, sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  14. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Yeah, it's a great ride, but the price is unworkable. The whole family took the taxi last year for the "experience" which cost us $100+. Never again.

Winoman repped this.
  15. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    That's definitely tourist pricing instead of people pricing.

ejs1111, sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  16. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

Wow. I've never seen a women's room line at any event before where their line WASN'T longer than the men's room line! That's just crazy!

17. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    The men's room in the southwest corner has long lines but moves fast because it's big. Don't wait for the restrooms on the west side because they are tiny - like six urinals.

ejs1111 repped this.
  18. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't go to sporting events much, do you?:D

19. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Except that is the price for the ride to DCU games or Nats games, it's not the regular water taxi to the Waterfront. This is a round trip from Old Town to a dock near AF and Nats Park.

20. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $25 doesn't seem too out of line to me for a round trip boat ride from Old Town to DC. It's not exactly the Staten Island Ferry (meaning a high-volume commuter route). I'd be surprised if it is very profitable.

I don't come from that direction but if I did I could see doing it a few times a season just as an extra treat. It is a pretty awesome way to go to a game.

John L repped this.
  21. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I think you're right. I've used it twice, once with the family and once last season when recovering from eye surgery and not trusting my depth perception to drive. It is a beautiful ride -- and both time had maybe 10 people on it. The larger question is would ridership increase if the price dropped? 10 people = $250, but those boats can carry probably six to seven times that number at least. Would you get more revenue if the price was less? For a single person, the water taxi is cheaper than parking -- the killer is that it's $25 per person, not $30 (or whatever) per carload. Now, if they charged say $40 or $50 per group (not sure how you would define it), then it becomes an economically competitive alternative to driving and parking.

Winoman repped this.
  22. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    My expenses were compounded by the crowd on a sunny Easter Sunday afternoon. If I could find cheaper or free parking, I would do this more often.

23. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Sunday is free parking in DC. You could have literally parked anywhere on the street. Depending on how far you are willing to walk and where you think it's safe to leave your car.

Thx,

Jay!

24. StevenPrada

StevenPrada Member

Jan 26, 2001
    It's a little cheaper to the Wharf. $20 on weekends. Which is nice if you want to stop there, have a drink or two, and then walk along the water to the game (until you have to go around Ft McNair, and this year you have to go around the Phase 2 construction) or take one of the buses. You can also get a season pass if you do it a lot.

ImNumberTen repped this.
  25. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    The season pass does not apply to the Audi Field water taxi. Also, the water taxis from the wharf back to Alexandria stop running before the end of night games. It's not a reliable option.

Winoman repped this.